Point of satisfaction

The current will be drawn by your equipment as required.The rating of wall socket just means it is the safe limit beyond which it will deteriorate or even burn.So a 5 A rated outlet is good for 5 A even if you connect multiple equipment's as long as it is less than 5 A.By the way 5 A is around 1200 W @ 240 Volts.Current and voltage works together to provide the power/load demanded by your equipment(P=V x I).If your voltage drops for some reason, then there will be more current drawn to meet the power/load.

Well explained. Current drawn will always be a function of the equipment. The more the equipment you add to a point, and the more power consuming they are, the more current will be drawn from the point. If too much is drawn in comparison with the rating of the socket, eventually it will burn and we’d realise the mistake. But when it doesn’t reach that limit but gets closer, as you say, there’d be a deterioration (which may not be noticeable). Can this deterioration lead to deterioration in the sound quality? If so, there might lie our answer.

Well explained. Current drawn will always be a function of the equipment. The more the equipment you add to a point, and the more power consuming they are, the more current will be drawn from the point. If too much is drawn in comparison with the rating of the socket, eventually it will burn and we’d realise the mistake. But when it doesn’t reach that limit but gets closer, as you say, there’d be a deterioration (which may not be noticeable). Can this deterioration lead to deterioration in the sound quality? If so, there might lie our answer.
Hi Sachin,
I am not sure or can't answer this.When it get closer to the 5 A limit, there will be heat generated for sure which is energy loss.I am not sure of its effect on sound quality.And I don't think there will be any perceivable effect on sound quality due to this.But single supplies to a single equipment is better considering harmonics,interference etc.Current ,Voltage etc is not compromised or have no effect here I think.I could be wrong.

One of the key aspects for me is "resolution" and system synergy. The greater the resolution you lose homogeneity in the system and soon the love/hate relationship starts between tracks , where as in a less resolute system you are often "hiding" the anomaly in recording and concentrating on the essence of music. Its a give and take situation. If you love 85% of your music collection then you are on the right track as an audiophile.

Hi Sachin,
I am not sure or can't answer this.When it get closer to the 5 A limit, there will be heat generated for sure which is energy loss.I am not sure of its effect on sound quality.And I don't think there will be any perceivable effect on sound quality due to this.But single supplies to a single equipment is better considering harmonics,interference etc.Current ,Voltage etc is not compromised or have no effect here I think.I could be wrong.
Somewhat related, I found this write-up on the MSB website to be a good read:

Thanks everyone for expressing their opinions in this thread. I have realised that essence of enjoyment for me lies in long listenability and emotions in vocals and tones with no over expression of bass, though i like my mids and treble to be expressive and little heavy and forward. Recently now with many changes done i am starting to listen more to my fav music and less to sound and audiophile tracks now, that means i must be on right track. Moreover i am not feeling like tinkering with system anymore so that is really good sign. What i really learned in the end is that real sound from speaker systems is a myth and as soon as one can accept this, more fun he can have with his music. For reality grab a guitar and jam.

Back