Polk 110 Subwoofer.. or suggested other in the same price range?

Haren Asher

Hi!

I have an offer from profx for Polk Audio 110 - 10" /200W subwoofer for 13000/-

Is this a good sub? .. are there any others in this price range i should look at?

Is Wharf sub really better than POLK?
but Wharf is more expensive i guess. at about 23K
Which would you rate as the best sub at the price of about 10-15K and >100W

Give me some model numbers and brand name to work with.

BTW I have placed an order thru friend for POLK SW110 selling at 150$ from US. It should be VFM.

Hey!

I went to ARN systems yesterday afternoon. The Shop was all lit up but the doors were locked. Waited for about 20mins hoping for someone to turn up but no one did! I have emailed them enquiring about the pricing a few times but i have not got a response from them so far. :(

Online there is a Velodyne Sub model VX-11. That Seems pretty affordable. Online reviews of performance are also encouraging. Heres the link on Amazon. Its 172 USD, thats around (Rs. 7750). Adding an assumed 35% duty it works out to 10,450. Adding a 40% margin for the seller (to include shipping costs etc) price works out to 14,700/- . Assuming 1USD=45Rs.

Amazon.com: Velodyne VX-11 10" black 100W powered subwoofer: Electronics

The Velodyne Impact 10 costs about 25K

Will check out wharfdale with Vector systems today. But so far am inclined towards the Polks 110. If 13K is regular pricing. Can negotiate a price of about 10-11k for it me thinks.

what say guys?

Try Yamaha Subs also.. i bought mine at around 14-15K.. 150W.... decent sub for movies.. for medium sized rooms.. my room size is 10x10 and its more than enuf.. i keep volume at half level still it's enuf to shake my rooms windows (specially when watchin movies)..

here are the specs..

YST-SW215 - Subwoofers - Yamaha - India

cheers..!!

If your wallet is big, look out for a subwoofer with 12 inch driver and avoid entry level models.

velodyne is a decent sub better than polk and wharfdale and price will be around 30, which is beyond the price range you have mentioned.

If your wallet is big, look out for a subwoofer with 12 inch driver and avoid entry level models.

velodyne is a decent sub better than polk and wharfdale and price will be around 30, which is beyond the price range you have mentioned.

Wallet is big. Bigger now cos its full of Air :lol:

Am an Entry level guy in this .:D So sticking to Entry level stuff for now! ..

Right Now Using the Q2010s with a JBL center. Not Very Happy with them. But will give them some time to burn in. Need to pick up a sub to see how good the 2 front/Center and sub combo work.

cheers!

Haren, Pl audition Polk 110 before finalising it. I found it to be very boomy and fit only for movies. A good pre-used sub could be a much better option than this Polk at a budget of upto 15K.

@Anuragn.

Its fairly simple to audition speakers / Fronts .. But How do i go about auditioning a sub? ..

Totally noob at this.. .. Isnt Boominess controllable by the volume of the sub?

Is there suggested material that i could take with me to audtion the sub? .. do i ask the dealer to connect only the sub minus and other speakers and ask him to play an action scene or blue man group or any other "bassy" tune????

do let me know! ..

hi,

Take u 571 dvd/blu ray and play the bomb/charge dropping scene
or

pearl harbour - bomb drop scene. or similar type of movies.

compare the same with the mid/high end polk or some other sub available with the vendor, you will be able to notice the difference and what to look for and than take a call?

Is it possible to you pick up from Delhi....than I can point u a def tech supercube2 3 yrs old Sub for sale

Okey. You get what you pay. PSW 110 is good VFM. I have it, goes well with Movies and music. I have 12 X 18 feet room. Cant play it past 50% vol. it starts to rattle my windows (does'nt rattle itself though ;) ). Its a clean Sub, BUT requires a good break-in period, say 50 hrs.
Actually, I played Impact 10 & PSW 110, with Metallica's One and some other bass stuff.
Impact 10 was better, in the sense, PSW generated same punch @ 40% higher volume.However Impact 10 was a Demo model already broken In, plus it comes w/ 200 watts Amp (continous not peak), as compared to PSW 110 which has 100W amp (Continous). Hence, the difference.
I do not regret my decision, PSW is just right for me, I dont want chest Thumping bass, rather enjoy music or movie in its entirity :)
For PSW 110, rule of thumb is, set the crossover to 100 Hz for music & 85-90 Hz for movies.If you go past 110-120 Hz, X'over it wud become boomy.
...give it some time..it would shine for sure :)

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back