gr_babu

hi
this is babu

any reviews on

Polk Audio DSW PRO 600
and
MORDAUNT SHORT AVANT 309i SUB WOOFER - AVANT 309i sub

Hi,

I auditioned MS and polk 500 when I was looking for a sub. I preferred the MS over the polk. MS was much more tight and mixing well the rest of the setup. Even polk was decent, but not as good as the MS.
What personally I liked the best was KEF 2500, but that costed around 32k. Eventualy I ended up finishing my budget with a plasma tv.:confused:

But the MS 309i sub does not spec the -3db range of its freq but instead just mentions 35 Hz to 200 Hz which could jolly well be its overall freq resp. BTW, the Polk DSW 500 goes down to 30 Hz (lower -3db limit) and upto 160 Hz (upper -3db limit). Its overall freq response is 23 Hz to 160 Hz.

I bought the DSW PRO500 in Feb-2008. During the U-571 depth charge scene, the Polk sub repeatedly shook the ProFX listening room!! That apart, it's musicality was very good when I played my Dave Brubeck CDs (Blue Ronda a la Turk and Take Five). Ditto with my Clapton unplugged CD too.

HI srinath,

I listen to rock, slow rock and 70,80s with western classical in my system.

Indian classical and jazz in world space.

regular pop in mini system.

And to show off to my friends I have some disco.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back