Polk Audio set Vs Boston Acoustics

Finally i went to buy BA, the dealer said i have to waite for a month. He suggested to look at Tannoy if i want it urgently. He said Tannoy is much better then BA and Polk. What is this. ts so confusing.

Please do not buy until you hear Tannoy!!! Tannoy's are very good and might surprise you. Listen to them and then you can compare the three. It takes a lot of effort and patience to find the perfect system but its well worth it!!!

I auditioned Polk and they were very good to my liking, to each of its own. Please visit PRO-FX and demo in person.

I have heard the TSi and RTi. I personally love a warmer sound so polks being more on the brighter side work really well for movies. For movies most people prefer a brighter sounding system so best would be to demo and then decide what your ears prefer.

A good, near flat response over total sonic spectrum is expected from speakers. For personal likes or dislikes, there is tone control or equalizer in amp or AVR. So I don't actually understand the point to label some speakers as warm or bright. Do all the music pieces sound the best with same settings? Perhaps not. So we need to use tone controls to get preferred sound quality. By the way, I consider Polk RTi series as good speakers.

I have a point to make here.
4 years ago I auditioned both tsi 400s and rti a7s with the denon 2309. I picked up rti a7s.
Tsi series was much brighter and had much default throw than rti a7s.
When played music it was quite evident that rti a7 was subtler and accurate. Tsi was a shouting speaker. Strangely many of the regular buyers returned their rtis and took tsi in exchange as they felt that rtis lacked punch.
But feed the rti a7s with a powerful avr like pioneer sc37, and they start to sing.
Rti a7s are the most affordable and top class speakers I have found. If one has a very big room then just increase the throw of these speakers and they produce the most authoritative sound with subtle details.

Audition is the key listen to your ears and take the decision.....its all about budget, your listening preference, your room dimension etc.... invest time rather than regret later

Hi, i am new to audio video world and need help in selecting a good set of home theater system for my home. The area is quite big living room and dinning room are combined (Its a duplex house).
I finally researched and finalized two options: Please help me in selecting one of the following options.

Option I

Boston Acoustics A-360 pair

Boston Acoustics A-26 pair

Boston Acoustics A-225C

Boston Acoustics ASW-650

Denon AVR-2113

Option 2
Polk Audio Tsi500 pair
Polk Audio Tsi 200 pair
Polk Audio CS20
Polk Audio PSW 125
Denon AVR-2113

i just auditioned polk audio cs20 at my home and returned it, because , i found it too bright compared to the klipsch i have as a center speaker. you really get ear fatigue after continous listening. i would say consider boston acoustics.

Hi, As i told i am new to the forum and really dont know about the word used" warmer". Let me explain i have a big living room and wanted my to enjoy movies and TV channels. I am not sure whether they (Home theater package) work with TV for watching channels or only work with DVD/Blue ray players. The main purpose behind me buying a home theater system is to enjoy HBO/Star movies/Disney channels etc. I download movies in blue ray format from net would love to watch them on my big TV whilst enjoying the theater sound.

Regards
Vinod

From which site do you download blu ray movies?

I feel BA is much better but yes will check Tannoy as well....Also planning tobuy Samsung 64 F 8500. Can anyone suggest a good deal.

I auditioned RTi A7 last week and got surprisingly punch and throw for both Music and Movie pieces I tried. This was much better than my current HT that now I am planning to upgrade to RTi A7 myself.

However let the RTx series be out, the prices may go down.

The current deal looks like this
RTi A7 : 56000
FXi A6 : 26000
CSi A6 : 23000

just bought a pair of Tsi 200 and have a pair of Paradigm Tiitans for 1999.
love the Titians-leftthe TSI 200 were very nice and very mellow for Jazz and vocal Jazz
very little diff bet the two sets of speakers exccept more bass in Polk-very clean sound

I was astonished for $200 USA/pair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However just heard a pair of Focal Electra 1008 BE-$5000/pair-however there was not a $4800 diff bet the Polk and Focal!

just bought a pair of Tsi 200 and have a pair of Paradigm Tiitans from 1999.
love the Titians-the TSI 200 were very nice and very mellow for Jazz and vocal Jazz

very little diff bet the two sets of speakers exccept more bass in Polk-very clean sound

I was astonished for $200 USA/pair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However just heard a pair of Focal Electra 1008 BE-$5000/pair-however there was not a $4800 diff bet the Polk and Focal!

i have recently purchased a Marantz SR 5007 avr and looking to buy best compatible speakers under 30k budget , please suggest what would be the best towers to go for.

Last edited:
Finally i went to buy BA, the dealer said i have to waite for a month. He suggested to look at Tannoy if i want it urgently. He said Tannoy is much better then BA and Polk. What is this. ts so confusing.

Very intrigued by this. Which dealer was this ?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back