Polk Audio T15 as surrounds??

amitnigam2809

Friends,

I was looking all over the forum for some reviews on Polk Audio T15 BS, but found very few.

I am thinking to get them for surrounds. BA A26 are serving well as fronts.
AVR is Yamaha 481.

I understand that my priority should be Sub and Center before going for surrounds but I am getting Polk T15 at the price of Rs. 8856/- from amazon.com including shipping. And I think it is irresistible.

I am looking forward for valuable suggestions/opinions from respected members.

Thanks
Amit

Would like to know

Never buy anything just because you are getting an "offer" or it is a "fantastic deal".

Plan and buy your home theater surrounds making sure that they are timbre matched to your BA A26 (I don't know which speakers they are!).

Friends,

I was looking all over the forum for some reviews on Polk Audio T15 BS, but found very few.

I am thinking to get them for surrounds. BA A26 are serving well as fronts.
AVR is Yamaha 481.

I understand that my priority should be Sub and Center before going for surrounds but I am getting Polk T15 at the price of Rs. 8856/- from amazon.com including shipping. And I think it is irresistible.

I am looking forward for valuable suggestions/opinions from respected members.

Thanks
Amit

Would like to know
Why are you looking for those speakers? They match with your BA or because they are for 8k?

Choose your components carefully, cos once you start listening and you don't like it, every penny you spent will go down the drain.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Btw polk audio is available with profx india, for 9200/- After getting 10% discount on the product it should be Rs. 8280/- so buying from amazon.com is a bit expensive. Also as others guided you, pick up the center and subwoofer first. And adding proper matched surrounds will be better than buying different ones. Try getting same series speakers all around. Subwoofer can be different brand.

Why are you looking for those speakers? They match with your BA or because they are for 8k?

Choose your components carefully, cos once you start listening and you don't like it, every penny you spent will go down the drain.

MaSh

Hi,

I don't know exactly, whether they will match with Boston Acoustics A26 or not. That's why I am here to know from FMs.

I took interest in Polk T15, seeing their specs. 8ohms, 89db and frequency range of 60Hz to 25KHz. Of course, offer price is also a factor.

Thanks

Btw polk audio is available with profx india, for 9200/- After getting 10% discount on the product it should be Rs. 8280/- so buying from amazon.com is a bit expensive. Also as others guided you, pick up the center and subwoofer first. And adding proper matched surrounds will be better than buying different ones. Try getting same series speakers all around. Subwoofer can be different brand.

Thanks Rayvonee. I agree with the advice and recommended by others too. I should concentrate more on Sub and Center first.

Thanks Rayvonee. I agree with the advice and recommended by others too. I should concentrate more on Sub and Center first.
Yes that would be a better approach. I would suggest build a good 2.1 system first then go to 5.1 by adding center and rear surrounds. You could move the BA to the rear and get better speakers for the front that would match the center.

MaSh

Yes that would be a better approach. I would suggest build a good 2.1 system first then go to 5.1 by adding center and rear surrounds. You could move the BA to the rear and get better speakers for the front that would match the center.

MaSh

Thanks a lot. I will be going for a decent sub in budget. My bass requirements are not high. Just a decent bass is enough.

Will be happy to know about some budget(Rs. 15K arox.) sub options.

If your looking to buy new then would suggest go for Polk PSW110 priced at 18.5k with some bargain @ ProFx you should get some discount too.

Else look at these pre-owned too if your interested.

http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owne...x201-subwoofer-hifime-sabre-9018-usb-dac.html

http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/61941-yamaha-yst-fsw050-100w-ported-active-subwoofer.html
Hi,
21K for a used sub?? Sorry, I will prefer Polk PSW110 if I will spending this much.

Yamaha FSW050 looks interesting but don't know exactly how it will deliver from 6.5 inch driver.

Thanks

Hi,

Specs wise it looks good but can't find any user reviews. I am bit hesitant for it.

Thanks

The feedback & reviews which i have come across Taga products are good esp Sub & they are catching up with some good products in indian market. With your prerequisite of min invest on Sub i would suggest either Taga TSW-90 / Polk PSW110. Both has 10" driver & Frequency Response starts from 30Hz in case of Taga which is better than Polk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuXFycheWNY

Few other links on Taga sub just for your reference might help you decide, Happy reading :)

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/...fers-budget-50k-max-suggestions-please-9.html

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/64875-boston-acoustics-asw-250-vs-taga-harmony-sw10.html

Hi,
21K for a used sub?? Sorry, I will prefer Polk PSW110 if I will spending this much.

Yamaha FSW050 looks interesting but don't know exactly how it will deliver from 6.5 inch driver.

Thanks
Go for the polk sub from pro fx. This along with your other equipment will not be the last. So get the one you can afford right now. With time you will be more clear on what you want, what connectivity the sub should have, etc. That will also make you realise why different subs with similar specs are priced so differently.

MaSh

I have been using my Yamaha fsw050 for last 3 years in a 12'X14' room (the link referred by fm apbinu - thanks a lot brother for the same). I felt the bass is room filling. Please feel free to pm me for further details.

Sent from a handheld device. Some typos may creep in

I have been using my Yamaha fsw050 for last 3 years in a 12'X14' room (the link referred by fm apbinu - thanks a lot brother for the same). I felt the bass is room filling. Please feel free to pm me for further details.

Thanks Saikat,

I have seen your post for Yamaha FSW050 earlier too and the offer is still in consideration but i am looking for a bigger sub. My room size is 18x10.

Thanks Saikat,

I have seen your post for Yamaha FSW050 earlier too and the offer is still in consideration but i am looking for a bigger sub. My room size is 18x10.
Thanks. In that case you might consider a sub with 10" or larger driver.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back