Polk ES 30

kaushikr86

I have a Pioneer AV receiver VSX 531 that my dad left behind. I am planning to start my 5.1 journey by buying the POLK ES 30. I am getting a 2 month old, used one from my friend for 18k.

Is it a good start or is there better value for money at the same price point?

I primarily watch movies with my wife and kids so center channel speaker is important for me. I have very old Sony speakers that I will use for left, right and surround.

I am planning to get the POLK ES15 pair later!

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a Pioneer AV receiver VSX 531 that my dad left behind. I am planning to start my 5.1 journey by buying the POLK ES 30. I am getting a 2 month old, used one from my friend for 18k.

Is it a good start or is there better value for money at the same price point?

I primarily watch movies with my wife and kids so center channel speaker is important for me. I have very old Sony speakers that I will use for left, right and surround.

I am planning to get the POLK ES15 pair later!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Is not ES30 a center speaker? If yes then what speakers do you have for Left & Right?

Usually most start with Left & Right then add a center then subwoofer and then surrounds. These Polk will work well.

Check the pre owned market like OLX etc where you can maybe get good speakers for less.

All the best

Is not ES30 a center speaker? If yes then what speakers do you have for Left & Right?

Usually most start with Left & Right then add a center then subwoofer and then surrounds. These Polk will work well.

Check the pre owned market like OLX etc where you can maybe get good speakers for less.

All the best
Hi...Thanks for the Reply. I use very old SONY passive Speakers that cam along with a DVD player

Since I watch a lot of movies I was under the impression that the Centre Channel was what I should start with and then upgrade me left and right.

Let me check OLX as well

Attachments

• sony.jpg
    sony.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 10
Hi...Thanks for the Reply. I use very old SONY passive Speakers that cam along with a DVD player

Since I watch a lot of movies I was under the impression that the Centre Channel was what I should start with and then upgrade me left and right.

Let me check OLX as well

Speakers are speakers as long as there are no impedance issues or watts handling. You can connect the same carefully and try at low volumes and see if the AVR is overheating fast etc.

If the Sony speakers are working fine then go for the center then the sub and later perhaps update the Left + Right and surrounds based on available budget

Speakers are speakers as long as there are no impedance issues or watts handling. You can connect the same carefully and try at low volumes and see if the AVR is overheating fast etc.

If the Sony speakers are working fine then go for the center then the sub and later perhaps update the Left + Right and surrounds based on available budget
Hi...I have got the POLK ES 30 and I love how they sound. Im able to hear the dialogues much better. I have placed in right below the TV on a wood panel. I hope the placement is correct.

I am planning to buy the POLK ES 10 after while and expand!

Where will I be bale to get answers for these questions that I have

1.What are the best quality wires to use to connect them to the AV receiver?
2.Should I use the speaker with the grill or without it?
3.How to adjust the settings for the speakers in the AV receiver to get the best out of them?
4.I have got 4 small round stickers along with the speaker, how to use them and are they important?

Hi...I have got the POLK ES 30 and I love how they sound. Im able to hear the dialogues much better. I have placed in right below the TV on a wood panel. I hope the placement is correct.
Yes that is the appropriate placement just like a Cinema hall, dialogues come below or from the screen.

I am planning to buy the POLK ES 10 after while and expand!
Good Choice. If the Center works well this means this model is an ideal match for the AVR.
Where will I be bale to get answers for these questions that I have

1.What are the best quality wires to use to connect them to the AV receiver?
2.Should I use the speaker with the grill or without it?
3.How to adjust the settings for the speakers in the AV receiver to get the best out of them?
4.I have got 4 small round stickers along with the speaker, how to use them and are they important?

1. The Gauge of wire depends on the distance. Oxygen Free cables (OFC) are used for speakers, see this link for some options: https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-...36777&sprefix=speaker+wir,aps,196&sr=8-3&th=1
  2. If you have no pets or kids and live in a dust free environment then you can. The Grills are meant to protect the speaker driver / cones from accidental damage.
  3. Download the Owners Manual from the AVR website and read the instructions. Most AVRs come with a setup Mic which calibrates the levels, tones etc to provide the best experience. If you need to do this manually typically the center speaker is kept at higher levels when compared to fronts and surrounds. Again the levels will depend on the Listening Poisition (where you would be seated to watch / hear).
  4. I believe the 4 round stickers are possibly the rubber Feet to be used when placing the Center on a table or stand. This helps to keep the speaker firm when playing at loud volumes. You can refer to the owners manual that came with it or download the same from the website to confirm / understand better,

1. I have bought the 14 gauge speaker wire instead of the 16 gauge as it was cheaper. Also the speakers are placed close to the receiver so I guess I should be fine!

2. I have twin toddlers at home so definitely using the grill
4. I have stuck the rubber feet under the speakers that have come with the unit

3. I have lost the setup mic that comes with the Pioneer receiver. When I try to calibrate with some other mic I am getting sound on and off from the front right speaker and then an error as shown in the image. Is there a special mic I need to calibrate it?

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 3
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back