Polk Rti + Denon

ItsMe

I have a denon 2400 + onkyo (tower + surrounds) + SVS PB1000 sub combo in my mancave (12x8 feet, acoustically treated room) , and the itch of a speaker upgrade is troubling me for long. I am using this setup primarily for movies. Towers are bit inconvenient for me from placing standpoint, hence looking for bookshelves as front L&R. Already have a Tsx150 as a center channel, which is doing a decent job. Hence for my 7.1 setup, my inclination is towards polk rti a3 as front L&R and rti a1 as surrounds and back speakers. Do anyone have a similar combination? If yes, please share your opinion
I am equally attracted to Dali zensor 3 as front LR + zensor 1s as surrounds+back, but it will cost me 15k extra plus the overhead of changing center channel to timber match with the rest. Also some says its not worth to invest in Dali if your prime need is movies alone. Any recommendation?

While I dont have first hand idea on the RTIs - why dont you try the new 3020i series from Q Acoustics ? I use the previous 3020s and can vouch for their performance for both Movies and Music. I heard the new i series have better bass reproduction and WhatHIFI has again given them raving reviews.

I have a denon 2400 + onkyo (tower + surrounds) + SVS PB1000 sub combo in my mancave (12x8 feet, acoustically treated room) , and the itch of a speaker upgrade is troubling me for long. I am using this setup primarily for movies. Towers are bit inconvenient for me from placing standpoint, hence looking for bookshelves as front L&R. Already have a Tsx150 as a center channel, which is doing a decent job. Hence for my 7.1 setup, my inclination is towards polk rti a3 as front L&R and rti a1 as surrounds and back speakers. Do anyone have a similar combination? If yes, please share your opinion
I am equally attracted to Dali zensor 3 as front LR + zensor 1s as surrounds+back, but it will cost me 15k extra plus the overhead of changing center channel to timber match with the rest. Also some says its not worth to invest in Dali if your prime need is movies alone. Any recommendation?
Polk all the way. Makes most sense with little investment

Polk with Denon will be a good combo. It is a beautiful speaker, cost effective and can be used for both movies and music.

Polk RTi A3 are little sharper with Denon but can be easily driven by 2400 as they are 8 ohms.

The only thing you should think about is, it has a depth of 14" (which ideally requires enough space); however it has PowerPort Bass Venting And ARC Port, so you can keep closer to the wall.

1537277609933.png

1537277716766.png

Last edited:
Hence for my 7.1 setup, my inclination is towards polk rti a3 as front L&R and rti a1 as surrounds and back speakers.

BS speaker from Tsx range should be an ideal match for your center.. You may consider speakers from the same series for surrounds too..

Why surr back & not heights with an Atmos capable AVR?..:rolleyes:

Polk + Denon any day. Have you auditioned Zensor 7? They are also a good match with Marantz/Denon receivers.

MaSh

I have audition Polk RTiA 5/3 with Denon AVR and the combo make a good HT setup. Polk are little bright and hence make then ideal candidate for movie setup. Polk RTiA 3/1 can be wall mounted easily as they are front ported. Will suggest to change center speaker to CSiA4 for better integration between all speakers. You can use Polk OWM5/3 for Atmos speakers and will go very good with Denon AVR x2400 and Polk RTiAs.

The RTiA series is one of the best Polks have in speakers and they do work / blend well with most AVRs.....you can retain the center for sometime...else consider buying the RTiA series center (CSiA4...you could use the additional budget you would have spent if going for Dalis...sell off the Tsx150)

http://profx.com/browseproduct?brandId=17&catId=14&menu=1&aclass=2&subcatId=34

Check which dealer is offering the best rate....there are too many cooks ...hence you can bargain and see who gives the best along with 3 years warranty on speakers.....(usually profx ropes in 10% to 15%)

Dalis are also quite good but are placement specific......

Thank you all for your inputs... so polk it is... :)
I have Denon x2400, so its either 7.1 or 5.1.2 . So dropping atmos plan right now as most movies are available in 7.1 , not in atmos

Thank you all for your inputs... so polk it is... :)
I have Denon x2400, so its either 7.1 or 5.1.2 . So dropping atmos plan right now as most movies are available in 7.1 , not in atmos

Not necessarily. Now several titles are available for Atmos in the market. Since your 2400 is Atmos ready, make use of it.

OWM3 / OWM5 from Polk are placement friendly and excellent choice for Atmos.

Most of the today UHD and Blu Ray movie are release with Dolby Atmos or DTS -X sound track. It is experience that object oriented sound track provide better surround sound experience then conventional loss less track. If you have facility then you must have use it or upgrade as budget permit. Within few years all movie streaming services will also provide Dolby Atmos surround sound. Having provision is a better than nothing....

Thanks friends. I was having an atmos setup with my old speaker set till now, but thinking of a change for the time being. Ofcourse will go back to the atmos setup after sometime , once the source materials are common. The receiver has a limitation that it either support 7.1 or 5.1.2. So opting for 7.1 for the time being until atmos becomes a mainstream content. No options left unexplored for sure :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back