Polk/Wharfedale Speakers with Yamaha RXV663?

rav3011

Hi Friends,

I am new to this site but reading comments on this website from last one year and I find reviews really sensible here so thought of being a part of it.

Recently I bough Yamaha RXV 663 and now looking for the speakers. I have auditioned a few and liked following set (5.1)

1. Polk Audio
Floor Standing - Tsi300
Bookshelf - Monitor 30 Surround
Center - CS-10
Sub - PSW 110
Total Cost 50K (around)

2. Wharfedale
Floor Standing Diamond 9.5
Bookshelf Diamond 9.1
Center - 9.cs
Sub - SW150
Total Cost 71K (around)

They both sound nice but having a big price difference. I have read a lot about Wharfedale on this website but not much about Polk speakers which is making me hesitant to buy Polk.

My Room Specification 16x14
Preferences
1. Listening Music - Ghazals, Slow Songs, Sometime I listen to loud music but not much.
2. Watching Movies I need Clarity in sound with good cinema effect.

Please suggest for which I should go for? Also provide your valuable inputs. I am also open to any other speakers for audition as I have not made my final decision yet.

Thanks.

I love Polk speakers. My RTi A-3 bookshelves sound very complete.

You could go for better New Monitor Tsi 200 or 100 for surround as Monitor series is now discontinued.

Further more, if you have budget of 70k then you could go for better Polk models:
Tsi 400 fronts, Tsi 200 surround, CS 20 center, and PSW 125 sub.
(MRP 78.5 but they always offer at 10% disc)

This will sound much better.

But you need to audition all probable speakers with your Yamaha receiver. This is mandatory. If the showroom does not have this model then take yours.

Hi Reju,

I have made my budget of 50K only and I took my RXV 663 while auditioning. Definitely for surround I will listen to Tsi100 or 200. Thanks for your feedback on surround. :)

For 50 K what you say? Will it be a good deal according to my requirements? Or mandatorily I need to upgrade to get good feel of music?

The Rti models have more depth/ punch and clarity as compared to Tsi. They are much better than Tsi for music.
But the basic floor speaker is costing 40K. Try to audition them once and you will know what I mean.
But within your budget Tsi maybe a good option.

Preferences
1. Listening Music - Ghazals, Slow Songs, Sometime I listen to loud music but not much.

Please suggest for which I should go for? Also provide your valuable inputs. I am also open to any other speakers for audition as I have not made my final decision yet.

Thanks.

Okay polks are great for movies not for music (atleast TSI series). TSI will give you very (shrill)/thin sound (i.e. higher resposne to low and high frequencies and less on midrange though its clear). While the wharf does nto suffer from these problems and very good for music and movies.

And since you have a average sized room and do not fancy FS, try going for the 9.2 BS upfront. With the yamahas the wharfs pair really well. Audition and decide yourself.

PS: I personally expected a lot from the polks - musically they failed to deliver with yamaha/denon etc (TSI series only)

Hi Friends,

I am new to this site but reading comments on this website from last one year and I find reviews really sensible here so thought of being a part of it.

Recently I bough Yamaha RXV 663 and now looking for the speakers. I have auditioned a few and liked following set (5.1)

1. Polk Audio
Floor Standing - Tsi300
Bookshelf - Monitor 30 Surround
Center - CS-10
Sub - PSW 110
Total Cost 50K (around)

2. Wharfedale
Bookshelf Diamond 9.1
Center - 9.cs
Sub - SW150
Total Cost 71K (around)

They both sound nice but having a big price difference. I have read a lot about Wharfedale on this website but not much about Polk speakers which is making me hesitant to buy Polk.

Preferences

Thanks.

if both sound similar to you then its a no brainer - go for the polk. they're reputable when i comes to quality etc as well so no worries thats side

Ghazals and slow songs do not go with the Polk Tsi series. Even the RTi series which is far better than the Tsi does not quite have that open quality that makes some speakers so enchanting to listen to vocals on.

The Diamonds are more versatile and better suit your usage.

Ghazals and slow songs do not go with the Polk Tsi series. Even the RTi series which is far better than the Tsi does not quite have that open quality that makes some speakers so enchanting to listen to vocals on.

The Diamonds are more versatile and better suit your usage.

Amen to that - I wish people take a bit of our experience wrt to setups that invole mix and match (component systems always do) and then trust their ears during the audition to decide and make their buying decision a smooth and wise one :p

Thanks for everyones input. And I really agree upon Polk Tsi series that they are not as good as Wharfedale for music. I was not 100% sure if this is only me who is finding the difference or other people also noticed the same thing and now I got my answer right. Soon I will go with Wharfedale. As I already told my budget is 50 K so I will leave subwoofer Sw-150 for now and will buy it as soon as I will get my bonus :)

Thanks for everyone to provide your valuable comments.

Rav3011, I read your PM. I am sorry for seeing this thread late. But you have already got good advice and take a good decision. So get your system and enjoy it fully.

Cheers

Hi Friends,
2. Wharfedale
Bookshelf Diamond 9.1
Center - 9.cs
Sub - SW150
Total Cost 71K (around)
Thanks.

Hi,

Can you pls tell me where you got the quote for the wharfdale? Am looking for a store in Bangalore which sells these.

Thanks
Lokesh

Hi Mahaloki,

Sorry my frined. I am from Delhi and got the specification from Bass N trebel, Dwarka, Delhi itself.
But you can take down the number of the dealer if this help

Danny - 9999076124.

And I bought my Wharfis last weekend :) and 100% satified with the speakers. This is what I was looking for and I got the right thing. Thanks for this community website.

Hi Mahaloki,

Sorry my frined. I am from Delhi and got the specification from Bass N trebel, Dwarka, Delhi itself.
But you can take down the number of the dealer if this help

Danny - 9999076124.

And I bought my Wharfis last weekend :) and 100% satified with the speakers. This is what I was looking for and I got the right thing. Thanks for this community website.

Hi,

I am also looking for good speakers for may yamaha 667. which model u got ? where i can audition that ? my budget is also below 50K.

Please suggest.

Thanks
Amar

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back