Portable Media Player, which one? Help please.

I think I should give an update from my side. Thing is that part of my requirement is being fulfilled now. I got an Samsung Galaxy S and this thing almost plays many of the video files that I've (except .m2ts and files larger than 4GB(it's FAT32)) and watching hi-def movies on this SuperAMOLED screen is just stunning. Watched few movies on it and I think I'm good with this phone+media player as my portable video player. Got a 16GB micro SD and so along with the onboard 14GB I'm now having a good 32Gb of memory. Only issue might be the battery life.
Also as a bonus it plays FLACs too although I'm not sure how good the quality is as I've not used it for music much yet. But for me it might just work. And if not then I'll go for a dedicated music player like Cowon or Sansa later.

video go easy with a lil crap sound too ..i use JXD 300b..
plays MP4 encoded vids ,yes i need to convert movies ,but 1 movie is needs 30 sec to convert in freez 3gp converter..
works like charm.

i can solve ur battery issue ..for places like flights /while in car . grab a usb emergency charger :
DealExtreme: $9.77 Soshine 4-AAA USB Emergency Power Two-Way Charger with Flashlight .. 9$ well spent free shipping!

sku_3205_3_small.jpg

charges your AAAs from USB port ,charges ur phone for extra hours

Last edited:
Hey that's cool. does that thing means that if I run out of charge I can just put 4 AA cells into that and connect my phone/iPod charging point? How long would the batteries last if I use say 2300mAh batts? Any idea?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back