Potential Buyers- PlayOn!HD Media Player

viveknath

Dear All,

Just starting this thread, based on interest shown by few members on purchasing the PlayOn!HD Media Player as a group buy and get some decent discount from dealer.

Regards,
Vivek Nath

P.S :- I am aware the dealer is usually on hifi too :)

What is the duration (days, week's or month's) that you have this group buy?
Or you are looking at some total quantity say 3 or 5 or more?

As I see it the number stands at

1. Vivek Nath
2. Thomas Alex
3. SG Mane ( tentative)
4. whatzisnem
5. kaypaji
6. digitalv

Where-to-buy

Looks like they offices in many cities, check the link above.

I haven't talked to this guy still but one of the members had a quote of "10,500 without wifi dongle as on date for a single order lot" as on August 16, 2010.

And yes the target purchase is - Playon!HD ACR-PV73100P+ as given on Playon!HD | Full HD Network Mediaplayer by A.C.Ryan

Playon!HD package content:

Player Size: 227 x165 x60 mm
Player Weight: 1.0kg

1x AC Ryan Playon!HD
2x AA Battery
1x Remote Control
1x FREE AC Ryan HDMI 1.3 quality cable (2m)
1x composite A/V Cable
1x Y/Pb/Pr Cable
1x USB A to B Cable
1x AC Adaptor
1x Power Cord
1x User Manual

Hi Vivek
I had spoken to Ragaprasad of Aquatronics. He said that he he had ordered the new lot which is some advance version. It will be available in 7 days time. asked for a good quote for a min of 5 pieces including wifi dongle and shipping.
He will be giving the quote once the new lot arrives.
So those who r in bombay and delhi need not worry.
Hope we get a good deal.

I was told by Aqtronics, Bangalore on August 3rd that ACR-PV73100P+ would be available within 10 days. So I guess they should have it by now.

I had almost zeroed in on Xtreamer, but after trawling through many forums, it looks like POHD is a slightly better and well supported unit.

I was told by Aqtronics, Bangalore on August 3rd that ACR-PV73100P+ would be available within 10 days. So I guess they should have it by now.

I had almost zeroed in on Xtreamer, but after trawling through many forums, it looks like POHD is a slightly better and well supported unit.

what was the previous model. and what is the difference.
I call him today. it would take another 7 days for the model to be available.

what was the previous model. and what is the difference.

The old model# is ACR-PV73100 and the new model # is ACR-PV73100P+.
ACR-PV73100P+ is available internationally since April 2010 and has an improved Realtek chipset (1073DD C+ or 1283C+) which is responsible for HD Audio decode.

1073DD(C+) (commonly known as DD+, but DD(C+) is the official word)
TrueHD downmix and pass-through

1073DD
TrueHD downmix and pass-through core Dolby Digital 5.1

The current stock selling at retail outlets right now should already be with the new 1073DD(C+) chipset. You can identify it by looking at the serial number at the rear of the unit or on the retail box. It should end with a P+ word.

Also, the current SDK now does not identify this new C+ chip under the System Info. So even for those units with C+ chip will still display as DD instead. Once the appropriate SDK is released from Realtek, that will identify DD and C+ correctly.

Courtesy - AC Ryan Full HD Network Media Player! - Page 181 - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

If you want a new chipset 1073+ for future HD Audio pass thru feature enable (still, no promise from AC Ryan ya), pls look for below serial No. for the new chipset:
ACR-PV73100+ 37071 onward
ACR-PV73200+ 11394 onward

So well that makes it

1. Vivek Nath
2. Thomas Alex
3. SG Mane ( tentative)
4. whatzisnem
5. kaypaji
6. digitalv
7. adit1329

Anyways we are hoping to see the new chipset models only by this month end, as told by the dealer

I spoke to Aquatronics and he asked me to call back on Wednesday and he would update me of the stock as he said it has landed in Singapore.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back