Potential Buyers- PlayOn!HD Media Player

... HD Audio and unfortunately it has failed terribly in these 2 categories..

Spoke with Kittu few days back and he has given up on HD Audio with POHD.. ...,

Hi the PlayOn HD and mini both which have the latest D+ chip do play HD audio I've tested them. I myself have a play on mini with the D+ chip and it plays HD audio without any issues.
Chech which chip your device uses.

cheers.

PS;- mine is the generation 1 device with the latest chipset.

Last edited:
noob question - but which is the quickest way to check the chipset? I think there's some where in Setup to checkup installed Firmware version and chipset?

Not able to recollect where exactly it was.

Hi the PlayOn HD and mini both which have the latest D+ chip do play HD audio I've tested them. I myself have a play on mini with the D+ chip and it plays HD audio without any issues.
Chech which chip your device uses.

cheers.

PS;- mine is the generation 1 device with the latest chipset.

Aneel,

Did u play large capacity files 20+gb , and noticed and sluttering ?

Thanks

@ Kittu -
So I checked the settings on my POHD and I saw the following system info.

Software - v7.4.3 r2115
compiled at Feb 26 18:27:36 2011
Bootloader - 0000.0202.1026L
Board : 1073DD C+

Is this the new one? So far all the file formats I have played on it have played flawlessly and the data has been decoded by the AVR perfectly fine

Phew... yeah I think I have seen DTS HD, TRU HD and HD MA... logos while playing movies. This time I will observe closely...
What about yours kittu, what all can yours play?
And guess what... OT.. but one of the tweeters of the ETC 5.1 isn't working... :(
Called RD and they said if they are not able to fix it onsite they will refund the full amount and I can return it... but then again i will be speakerless :(

I am planning to buy hd2 now. Checking with friends in bangalore if they have some 40+gb rips to test the sluttering issue before buying.

See if they can replace that one speaker from their stock.

40+ gb Rips? Do they even exist? I think a 200 min movies also wraps up in 30 GB or less when encoded in lossless M2TS format.. isn't it? The max I have is a 25-30 GB BRip ...

The panga with RD is, that this was the last piece in their stock. They may offer me to take one from the demo piece but thats bruised and battered and scratched piece. I do not want that one... lets see what happens.

well I flipped that speaker to the right rear surround... and the surround would work only rarely when rear sound effects appeared... so it was great... plus it isn't too noticeable...

OT -

yesterday they said, they have logged the complaint, and they would send an engineer to check the system "day after tomorrow", but he dropped in yesterday itself, when no one was at home... So I have called him again today...

He knows electronics so if its a soldering etc gone loose, he will try and fix it. Before that, he will check the speakers himself and decide whether my claim of defective tweeter is correct or not... If he can fix it on the spot.. he will... Else RD will refund me... no credit note funda, money comes back to my card.... hate to do that.. I love the speaker set.

Nope never played them... as a matter of fact... I don't have a single FLAC file... Can you upload one and PM me the link? To test it out... I have only high bitrate MP3s right now... 320 kbps.. max.

Supposedly, FLACs sound better then MP3s?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back