Potential Buyers- PlayOn!HD Media Player

As per ACRyan staff, POHD doesnt support DTS-HD MA officially. It supports only Dolby TrueHD. So when we purchased, we were told by Ranga that it would support all HD audio!!!!!!! But now no...DTS-HD MA from .ts file is ok, but not from mkv. With m2ts, DTS-HD MA audio stutters. I am just least bothered about Dolby TrueHD because the contents are less with this audio and it is not so popular now.

ACRyan had just removed the DTS-HD MA from the POHD specs now. So will they refund our money now for being cheated?

Last edited:
Bought the ACR-PV73100 P+ for 9.5k with the wireless dongle included. The package was delivered in 3 days to Mumbai.
So far I've used it to view Blu Ray rips off an external hdd. Very happy thus far :)

Guys when you play diff format files using playon connected to the AVR does your avr show automatically dts dolby depending on file type ? What setting you have to do for this if it does not show the option?

Dear All,

Just starting this thread, based on interest shown by few members on purchasing the PlayOn!HD Media Player as a group buy and get some decent discount from dealer.

Regards,
Vivek Nath

P.S :- I am aware the dealer is usually on hifi too :)

yes,of cause ,HD media player 1080P

As per ACRyan staff, POHD doesnt support DTS-HD MA officially. It supports only Dolby TrueHD. So when we purchased, we were told by Ranga that it would support all HD audio!!!!!!! But now no...DTS-HD MA from .ts file is ok, but not from mkv. With m2ts, DTS-HD MA audio stutters. I am just least bothered about Dolby TrueHD because the contents are less with this audio and it is not so popular now.

ACRyan had just removed the DTS-HD MA from the POHD specs now. So will they refund our money now for being cheated?

This is why I decided to wait until the Playon HD Mini 2 is released in India. It supports all HD audio formats, according to the AC Ryan website.

If it bitstreams all HD audio formats like DTS-HDMA and True HD and can stream from my PC(wired of course),i am in for one....i can be relieved of the headache of setting up an entire PC for the same purpose.

Hi All,

Before I came in, wanted to know the main difference between playon!hd and ASUS O!Play Mini.

The ASUS is trending between Rs. 3500-3800 on ebay,

Response from playon HD.

We have both Play on HD Version 1 which supports all HD formats along with HD Version 2

Version 1 costs 7,800

Version 2 costs 9,500

Hema

FYI

Thanks & Regards

[email protected]
Mobile : 91-9880848036

GB in HFv are rare !
What makes the ASUS standout as compared to Seagate HT Plus ?
at 200% price
For me :
USB 3. 0 - useless , laptop dunt have it , not needed for HDD to the player interface
Gig Ethenet -- may be useful after 10 years
Realtek chip -- My content will be in 4gb range , 40gb rips also i demoed with seagate , seemed
pretty well
Seagate PLus Model Does DTS out too

any one installed bit torrent download. i have installed it and downloaded one movie. is it ok to leave the pohd switched on 24/7. also if the power supply goes, will it affect the hard disk.

any manual available for bit torrent download and usage.

pls find details to install yamj Wiki Pages - moviejukebox - Project Hosting on Google Code

Alex,

Did you say you tried downloading a movie via BT client on POHD?
What firmware are you on/ did you try to download the movie on?

Did the download get interrupted during the download or was it switched on all the time?

I have the POHD since last November and am not "very" happy with it..

I bought it mainly for the Torrent capabilities and HD Audio and unfortunately it has failed terribly in these 2 categories..

Spoke with Kittu few days back and he has given up on HD Audio with POHD.. he is already on the lookout for a better player...

As for me... I have just been able to procure some .M2TS files and have set them to passthru by my POHD... I have to check which all formats is it able to passthru and which not..

Will download the samples from Demo-world and let you guys know...

Thanks,

@snor,

Is your playon is version 1 or 2 ?

Mine was older version -1 (minus) . :p So it dint have the RTK chip license to play any hd audio formats. Now the new version seems to have got the license and playing all formats(Claim by AC Ryan). I am still gonna test hd2 before the buy.

@Kits

My bad, I didnt own it from November, rather did it from February.
Bought it for 145$ + 5$ shipping I guess.

And also mine was just POHD... so I guess its POHD 1. The Original 1.

how do I test, can you tell me which specific file to download from Demo-world and what mode to play it on my AVR to verify if I am getting HD audio or not...

Chances are.. I am not..

I am currently on the latest Beta firmware with GUI 2.0

Super buggy firmware... the 20+ GB rips (M2TS) start playing wonderfully, clear picture clear sound and then if I pause them or rewind them or any other operation. It just hangs and starts stuttering... I dont know whats the problem..

Thought problem is with the upscaling of both, POHD and AVR fighting together, so I switched off the upscaling of the AVR...
But that also didn't help...

Kittu - Do you encounter any issues with the playback of 20-30 GB files?

I found samples for these on Demo-world...
Will try them out...this weekend :)

Dolby Digital 2.0
Dolby Digital 5.1

Dolby TrueHD 7.1
Dolby TrueHD 5.1

DTS-HD HR 7.1

DTS-HD MA 7.1
DTS-HD MA 5.1

Dolby Digital+ 7.1

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back