Potential Buyers- PlayOn!HD Media Player

I would like to know if any of our guys who paid 10k got their balance amount because I didnt :mad:

I haven't got the balance. This is the reply I got from Ranga last week. "Sir signing authortiy to issue chq was not in station , will send it by Monday"

Placed order with Aqtronics today. Will be getting the same day after tomorrow.Thanks to everyone who made this group deal possible.

RENJITH
Trivandrum

I have been reading this thread and it is sad to see that 7.1 is not working, also the huge fluctuation in prices. I was looking at picking this one up , but as of now have dropped the idea. Guess will wait now and pick something up next year as my xtreamer is doing a great job and have not faced any performance issues.

Neo 49 , not to worry, you have made a good choice. I have been using the POHD extensively for a week now and I find it quite ok. It plays all formats ( from 1080p mkv's to Flac"s ) really well. It's internet radio function is great . I can also stream files from my laptop over wifi without any problems.
It does have a very plain looking interface , but how long are you going to be looking at the menu ? I understand there's a issue with HD audio ( some formats only ) but since i use stereo , I do not face any problems.
I think the guys who complain are nitpicking. Most media streamers have their share of problems( xtreamer has a lot of complaints ,too !)
The ac Ryan team is working on firmware upgrades and I'm sure things will work out.

Neo 49 , not to worry, you have made a good choice. I have been using the POHD extensively for a week now and I find it quite ok. It plays all formats ( from 1080p mkv's to Flac"s ) really well. It's internet radio function is great . I can also stream files from my laptop over wifi without any problems.
It does have a very plain looking interface , but how long are you going to be looking at the menu ? I understand there's a issue with HD audio ( some formats only ) but since i use stereo , I do not face any problems.
I think the guys who complain are nitpicking. Most media streamers have their share of problems( xtreamer has a lot of complaints ,too !)
The ac Ryan team is working on firmware upgrades and I'm sure things will work out.

I totally agree with you..
I have been using the POHD for the past 2-3 weeks and I am very happy with it. I have even streamed movies from my HDD on the computer and listened to songs wirelessly via my PC HDD and there is no issues.
Yes, there is a lot of upgrades that are happening and the AC Ryan team are working on it.
Yo have the C+ board and that supports 7.1. Wait till the bugs are fixed and then this will be one hell of a Media Player.

Hi Guys update from ranga regarding HD audio
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Please inform members of ur group buy that the current version of the firmware in AC Ryan has a bug .

Due to a current bug in this firmware version, user may need to set to HDMI 1080p 50Hz in order to pass-through HD audio correctly

Thanks & Regards
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

HD Audio seems to be an issue with every Media player out there with manufacturers making grandiose claims but not delivering within an acceptable timeframe.

I really hope that they come out with better F/W and that none of you will be disappointed.

Hi Guys update from ranga regarding HD audio
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Please inform members of ur group buy that the current version of the firmware in AC Ryan has a bug .

Due to a current bug in this firmware version, user may need to set to HDMI 1080p 50Hz in order to pass-through HD audio correctly

Thanks & Regards
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Which one do he mean by the current version of firmware - r3582 or the latest one r4090 ? Pl confirm from ranga.

Guru@ await rangas response on ur query.

also some more updates from ranga.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

1. When we do a firmware upgrade , and if by any chance u loose power , the box can go dead .
2. This holds good for all systems where we have a firmware upgrade option
3. One has to do the firmware upgrade with a proper UPS ( Not invertors due to delay )
4. If by any chance someone looses power , we can sometimes do a Software reset .
5. We recently had one customer going through the same and his Media player become ( Brick without any firmware )
6. Did not work with a software reset.
7. This box had to be sent to Singapore for RMA
8. As this is not company fault, we had to pay for Freight charges .
9. Please note that in this case freight charge to Singapore will not be covered under warranty .
10. A nominal charge will be levied on the customer for RMA . ( When we get Playon HD boxes from Singapore we get in bulk . When we send the box back for RMA we will only have one box )
11. Replacement of the box will be done on case to case basis provided we have a box available for replacement .
12. The above points will be circulated to all new buyers of AC Ryan according to Standard Terms & Conditions
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back