Power Amp best Suited For the Whaferdale Linton

Thank you...

Please dont do anything now
-2 days is too short a period to decide you need a change
-The question you need to ask is why do you want to change especially if you are a happy with the sound

If you have the budget the better bang for the money, at this stage is always on the source ie DAC/Phono etc...not the amplification.
Thanks Arj...solid thought there will surely take some time out to enjoy the way it is and after a good while and information floated on the Forum will kind of invest in that ..till then I shall enjoy the experience of breaking in time and learn from this experience
Thank you for the guidance and time
Regards Macoy

Thank you.

While you must play more music in order for the speakers to "bed in " ...there are something's that can possibly be done in a Mumbai flat or apartment ( I assume ) ...subject to SWMBO etc...

A. The glass shelf near the right speaker...can that be moved ?

B. I don't know weather to ask you to pull the speakers out about 12 inches and see what happens.

But the others have a point...leave it as it is...

Try looking for a better DAC I see a Rega DAC R for sale in Mumbai and the seller says he can send it for audition.

I have a strong feeling it will be a good upward move .
B ...I live on rent in Bandra and been here for a while now ..Plan to move to a bigger place by next year end actually...I have kept a distance of a good 16 inches from the back of the speaker ..also alot off balancing with the lady of house actually . GOT TO KEEP HER HAPPY WHICH IS ALWAYS A TOUGH ONE ...with the amount of space I have slowly and steadily taken over time for either for my CDS or Vinly ...
And today just about convinced her to let me make a special case for my Okki Nokki cleaner had to balance between protection and also the decor of the house gets Tough at Times

Its been about three days the speakers are slowly opening up ...
The Vocals coming across nice and gentle ..
But the roundness I haven't heard in the longest time

While I worked in a studio we used the Dynaudio m2 .Great Studio Monitors
The studio was designed by no other than John Storyk..and that familiar old feeling has come home
so its sheer pleasure ☺ hapoiness and whole lot of gratitude

B ...I live on rent in Bandra and been here for a while now ..Plan to move to a bigger place by next year end actually...I have kept a distance of a good 16 inches from the back of the speaker ..also alot off balancing with the lady of house actually . GOT TO KEEP HER HAPPY WHICH IS ALWAYS A TOUGH ONE ...with the amount of space I have slowly and steadily taken over time for either for my CDS or Vinly ...
And today just about convinced her to let me make a special case for my Okki Nokki cleaner had to balance between protection and also the decor of the house gets Tough at Times

The studio was designed by no other than John Storyk..and that familiar old feeling has come home

Hi Macoy,

If you are happy with the sound in the current setup then you can defer the spending on the basis of presumption. Later on, you can borrow the Swara power amp if possible from your family friend & check whether the difference is worth spending on.

Regards.

Hi Macoy,

If you are happy with the sound in the current setup then you can defer the spending on the basis of presumption. Later on, you can borrow the Swara power amp if possible from your family friend & check whether the difference is worth spending on.

Regards.
+ 1

As Mr Prodigy Suggested you will never go wrong with Indiqaudio Platinum Monoblock. Beleive it is very good amp with good quality sound, excellent imaging with depth and smoothness.
I am using with my Fyne Audio F502 speakers. I can hear many instrument sounds that was missing with Marantz 7025 power amp. My stereo soundstage has improved as well my as 7.2.2 .
I will post detailed review very soon.

Hi Macoy,

Regards.
I guess I shall ask and try it out ..

but will focus on the breaking in time and then take it from there ..

thanks and regards Macoy

Understand what you say..

SWMBO = Someone Who Must Be Obeyed...

Since you mentioned a budget ...I would take a dekko at that Rega DAC R

Stuff like this comes rarely locally and that too with the attraction of an audition.

Source is king...so better the feed to the amplifier better the output is the logic.

Good luck !

As Mr Prodigy Suggested you will never go wrong with Indiqaudio Platinum Monoblock. Beleive it is very good amp with good quality sound, excellent imaging with depth and smoothness.
I am using with my Fyne Audio F502 speakers. I can hear many instrument sounds that was missing with Marantz 7025 power amp. My stereo soundstage has improved as well my as 7.2.2 .
I will post detailed review very soon.

Very good set up. As FMs advise, please wait for burn in/ break in and then you will enjoy. I have recently got rigs of my choice and my initial feeling was rather disappointing. But after about 5 days I began to enjoy my vinyls and CDs.
Cheers
Thank you Bhaskar ...

Absolutely following this thought process

Thank you once again

Here is the Setup

Not an ideal placement. Move the vertical glass cabinet away and move the speakers further apart from the central cabinet. And ideally you’d need to pull the speakers out leaving 2 ft from the wall. How much of this is possible is upto you.

You’ve done the right thing by upgrading your chain starting with the speakers. These are well-loved speakers and have distinctive signature. These will draw you into the music and they are happy speakers. Not laid back, neither too forward.

Yes, your rest of the chain would need upgrading to bring the best out of these speakers. But you can do that gradually. I heard these with Audiolab 6000A and they were still impressive. I’d imagine CXA60 is in the same ballpark. You can surely enjoy the combo. But at some point in future you might look at upgrading the amp. When I heard the same speakers with Luxman there was remarked improvement in the sound (details in my review posted in the forum). I’d imagine something in the 1.5-2.0 lac range could be quality amplification eventually. Avoid going for a power amp within 70k (new). That would be a compromise. Save the money and eventually go for a superior amp. These speakers will respond to it.

Till then CXA would do a reasonable job. As some other FMs have suggested, spend the money on a better source, eg on the DAC. Even out the pedigree of the components in your chain, even if gradually. The Lintons will keep you good company for years to come.

P.S. There’s a Wharfedale Linton Heritage user group (100 plus members) on FB. You’d get an idea on what other users are pairing the Lintons with. Even the much bigger Wharfedale Loud Speakers FB group has lot of discussions on the Lintons.

P.S.2: Are you into DJ’ing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not an ideal placement. Move the vertical glass cabinet away and move the speakers further apart from the central cabinet. And ideally you’d need to pull the speakers out leaving 2 ft from the wall. How much of this is possible is upto you.

You’ve done the right thing by upgrading your chain starting with the speakers. These are well-loved speakers and have distinctive signature. These will draw you into the music and they are happy speakers. Not laid back, neither too forward.

Yes, your rest of the chain would need upgrading to bring the best out of these speakers. But you can do that gradually. I heard these with Audiolab 6000A and they were still impressive. I’d imagine CXA60 is in the same ballpark. You can surely enjoy the combo. But at some point in future you might look at upgrading the amp. When I heard the same speakers with Luxman there was remarked improvement in the sound (details in my review posted in the forum). I’d imagine something in the 1.5-2.0 lac range could be quality amplification eventually. Avoid going for a power amp within 70k (new). That would be a compromise. Save the money and eventually go for a superior amp. These speakers will respond to it.

Till then CXA would do a reasonable job. As some other FMs have suggested, spend the money on a better source, eg on the DAC. Even out the pedigree of the components in your chain, even if gradually. The Lintons will keep you good company for years to come.

P.S. There’s a Wharfedale Linton Heritage user group (100 plus members) on FB. You’d get an idea on what other users are pairing the Lintons with. Even the much bigger Wharfedale Loud Speakers FB group has lot of discussions on the Lintons.

P.S.2: Are you into DJ’ing?

Good Morning Mr Sachin

Firstly thank you for your time and really appreciate the sound advice

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread I live on Rent here in Bandra and I have been a dj in my teens that was way back in the early 90s ..

I have owned several technics TT in the past ..

I have also been a Srudio Sound Engineer , as a Tracking and Mix Engineer

I am a avid music listener and for me I have always paid attention to music the other way round , as I had the Privilege to Train and work under some of the best Known Names of the Music Business ..who gave us insights of where a album was recorded , by whom it was mixed , their microphone techniques, the kind of outboard gear used in the process , the console used etc

In fact I have also owned a few good studio monitors...in the past

While training under one Sound Engineer who was a mentor and father figure

He had some of the best Studio Amps and Speakers at Home and , a few of us got trained to understand..what it takes to get a good balance in a mix , creating separation, understanding treatment and processing in a mix

And also learning Mono Mixes which for one is a tough one to practice and get better at

That's my journey so far

I moverd to TV then Radio now .
I have collected Music over the years and in that Journey Met Joshua at work we worked together 14 years ago and we used to .spend our time in buying music and sourcing Music
So I kind of had a look at Joshua who always guided and has been around as Brother and friend and he has always helped Me understand the world of HiFi
seeing his passion on gear happening and experience and Knowledge i Focused solely on Music collection

I always believed the efforts of a good engineer spells well on anything, cause if you speak to any of them ..They advice you to understand that a mix should be ready to sound good anywhere , so pay attention to details..that's where the Devil is ...

recording and mixing and mastering process all matter to me in that order

Bruce Swedien, God Rest his soul and all we did growing up was listen to him daily, By playing Music recorded and Mixed by Him, Train You ears , listen to live and natural instruments daily , he had so much advice and information..

He broke all norms and saying so now that I am much older and bit grey I have decided to treat myself to Home Audio thats going to be my part of the journey and I am hear to learn and mix my experience with such as You and Many More who have such advance understanding of Home HIFi Gear ..

And take my little baby steps into understanding why , how and what can deliver Music through Great Equipment at home

Please feel free to guide and inform on anything that can improve my journey

And I shall take your advice seriously

Thank you sir..have a lovely day ahead
GOD SPEED

Understand what you say..

SWMBO = Someone Who Must Be Obeyed...

Since you mentioned a budget ...I would take a dekko at that Rega DAC R

Stuff like this comes rarely locally and that too with the attraction of an audition.

Source is king...so better the feed to the amplifier better the output is the logic.

Good luck !
Hahahahah understanding what this means SWMBO this is sweet

Good Morning Mr Sachin

Firstly thank you for your time and really appreciate the sound advice

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread I live on Rent here in Bandra and I have been a dj in my teens that was way back in the early 90s ..

I have owned several technics TT in the past ..

I have also been a Srudio Sound Engineer , as a Tracking and Mix Engineer

I am a avid music listener and for me I have always paid attention to music the other way round , as I had the Privilege to Train and work under some of the best Known Names of the Music Business ..who gave us insights of where a album was recorded , by whom it was mixed , their microphone techniques, the kind of outboard gear used in the process , the console used etc

In fact I have also owned a few good studio monitors...in the past

While training under one Sound Engineer who was a mentor and father figure

He had some of the best Studio Amps and Speakers at Home and , a few of us got trained to understand..what it takes to get a good balance in a mix , creating separation, understanding treatment and processing in a mix

And also learning Mono Mixes which for one is a tough one to practice and get better at

That's my journey so far

I moverd to TV then Radio now .
I have collected Music over the years and in that Journey Met Joshua at work we worked together 14 years ago and we used to .spend our time in buying music and sourcing Music
So I kind of had a look at Joshua who always guided and has been around as Brother and friend and he has always helped Me understand the world of HiFi
seeing his passion on gear happening and experience and Knowledge i Focused solely on Music collection

I always believed the efforts of a good engineer spells well on anything, cause if you speak to any of them ..They advice you to understand that a mix should be ready to sound good anywhere , so pay attention to details..that's where the Devil is ...

recording and mixing and mastering process all matter to me in that order

Bruce Swedien, God Rest his soul and all we did growing up was listen to him daily, By playing Music recorded and Mixed by Him, Train You ears , listen to live and natural instruments daily , he had so much advice and information..

He broke all norms and saying so now that I am much older and bit grey I have decided to treat myself to Home Audio thats going to be my part of the journey and I am hear to learn and mix my experience with such as You and Many More who have such advance understanding of Home HIFi Gear ..

And take my little baby steps into understanding why , how and what can deliver Music through Great Equipment at home

Please feel free to guide and inform on anything that can improve my journey

And I shall take your advice seriously

Thank you sir..have a lovely day ahead
GOD SPEED
Wow, You are indeed the Real McCoy! Hope to gain insights into assessing the sound recording, mixing and mastering quality that could help us FMs source the better versions/releases of albums we love and save hard-earned money wasted on poor remasters. Do consider starting a thread on the subject to educate us. Kind of ‘Dummy’s guide to sourcing right’.

Wow, You are indeed the Real McCoy! Hope to gain insights into assessing the sound recording, mixing and mastering quality that could help us FMs source the better versions/releases of albums we love and save hard-earned money wasted on poor remasters. Do consider starting a thread on the subject to educate us. Kind of ‘Dummy’s guide to sourcing right’.
Thank you ..Sir ..

Why don't you play Thriller And count the number of times there are finger snaps done by Micheal Jackson in Billy Jean ..
Each time you hear over and over your count will increase

That was my first real start to the education of training your ears and catching these details to help ear reflex while listening to music

Regards Macoy

Thank you ..Sir ..

Why don't you play Thriller And count the number of times there are finger snaps done by Micheal Jackson in Billy Jean ..

That was my first real start to the education of training your ears and catching these details to help ear reflex while listening to music

Regards Macoy

This can be a starter post - I second @SachinChavan. We spend so much on equipment without understanding the source , the good pressings , the bad masters , how to identify those etc.
Please start one.

Thank you ..Sir ..

Regards Macoy

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back