Power Amp best Suited For the Whaferdale Linton

Understand what you say..

SWMBO = Someone Who Must Be Obeyed...

Since you mentioned a budget ...I would take a dekko at that Rega DAC R

Stuff like this comes rarely locally and that too with the attraction of an audition.

Source is king...so better the feed to the amplifier better the output is the logic.

Good luck !
I am going to slowly make a change .. but do read about this
Dac Xiang Sheng DAC -O1A stereo D/A Converter

So an engineer friend in the US uses it ...He told me that's one of the cheapest piece of gear in his Home and he uses it to test all plain Vocals and Acoustic Guitar Recordings ...
And he told me there is good separation in the Dynamics ..this is what He uses in his mix test process at home to hear what comes out while he brings his Mixes Home ..

He specifically told me its for alot of the accoustic stuff he does ..Only
His Process ..is
So while he mixes a song it the studio , and for next day going back to the mix for changes ..he brings it home and plays the song using this in chain

Hence blindly picked it cause I know his ears

And first he said Its Cheap but Boy it has something about it

Thanks and regards Macoy

Thanks and

I am going to slowly make a change .. but do read about this
Dac Xiang Sheng DAC -O1A stereo D/A Converter

So an engineer friend in the US uses it ...He told me that's one of the cheapest piece of gear in his Home and he uses it to test all plain Vocals and Acoustic Guitar Recordings ...
And he told me there is good separation in the Dynamics ..this is what He uses in his mix test process at home to hear what comes out while he brings his Mixes Home ..

He specifically told me its for alot of the accoustic stuff he does ..Only
His Process ..is
So while he mixes a song it the studio , and for next day going back to the mix for changes ..he brings it home and plays the song using this in chain

Hence blindly picked it cause I know his ears

And first he said Its Cheap but Boy it has something about it

Thanks and regards Macoy

Thanks and
And if you ever want to Test it Please feel free to borrow it

Thank you sir.

Ultimately the owners happiness is all that counts.

Have you heard any other dac in your system ?
No I haven't and would love to

Cause this is going to be an endless pursuit and so I am queit enjoying this quest and journey as of now conversation and learning on HiFi Gear is happening

And I want to pay attention to details of Muisc first then moving into playout via Hifi gear so quality Music in every aspect of its composition, recording etc takes
INCEPTION TO DELIVERY ..

And brother you can call me MACOY straight up

But do read if you get a chance on this inexpensive Dac ...and hopefully with sound quality advice from members here will initiate the next steps offcourse with your guidance that's key

I really appreciate the honest dedication of help and advice with Time from You cause it shows the deep passion and involvement very few people live with passion and I know Music enthusiasts are Number on my list

To help . His top Student is Ashish Manchanda
A Very good Afternoon..

TAKEN THE PLUNGE

Made a call, Finally ordered the AudioLab 6000a ...

It should be delivered sometime today ..

THANK YOU TO EVERY SINGLE MEMBER

FOR THE " SOUND ADVICE " Took it seriously ...

Really appreciate

will soon let you all know how it sounds..
At home ...
Mr Anil from HiFi Mart .." what a sweet guy " ..always helpful ...

Just don't know what to do with the Cambridge audio cxa60 ...

Should i let go or keep its like trying to pick a finger to choose with my eyes closed...

Anyways thank you once again

Also I would Like if a member WHO IS WILLING from the forum could borrow the CURRENT DAC thay I used to just give it a shot for a review so that I get a fair understanding and explanation of how and what is expected for delivery of sound when a Dac is added in chain

Just to kind of help

Thank you so very much for the advice every single one

Godspeed Macoy

wish you luck McCoy but I want to ask if you auditioned at your home before you pulled the trigger ?
@oldmonk Nope .. I kept reading about it and spoke to Mr Anil who gave me a complete low down and there are fantastic, reviews and sometimes you just have to have faith in the ones who have know what they are talking, its like I am in school all over again and like a kid in awe of his teachers ...

I just about hooked up the babies to Mommy and the family is singing beautiful, such warmth..completely floored .....

Also playing the first CD played for test

Is a cd from our BIG GRAND DADDY ...Mr Quincy Jones ..a double disk called " From Q with Love " ..alot of the songs are Mixed By Bruce Swedien...and my oh my ..

I have left the house in a mess just in awe

@oldmonk Nope .. I kept reading about it and spoke to Mr Anil who gave me a complete low down and there are fantastic, reviews and sometimes you just have to have faith in the ones who have know what they are talking, its like I am in school all over again and like a kid in awe of his teachers ...

I just about hooked up the babies to Mommy and the family is singing beautiful, such warmth..completely floored .....

Also playing the first CD played for test

Is a cd from our BIG GRAND DADDY ...Mr Quincy Jones ..a double disk called " From Q with Love " ..alot of the songs are Mixed By Bruce Swedien...and my oh my ..

I have left the house in a mess just in awe
Lastly Thank You ..couldn't have reached here without advice from all of you ...its the season of Advent and it has begun with such warmth ..thank you

Lastly Thank You ..couldn't have reached here without advice from all of you ...its the season of Advent and it has begun with such warmth ..thank you

thats excellent !

Frankly i was afraid the 50W would not be enough !

But this is indeed a hobby full of surprises !

enjoy the music !

Excellent choice with the 6000A. It's very musical and tremendous VFM.
Did you try the digital output of your CDJ-900NXS into the 6000A? It has got a very capable DAC - like I said, extreme VFM! The only niggle is that it does not accept USB input - a pity, that.

Did you try the digital output of your CDJ-900NXS into the 6000A? It has got a very capable DAC - like I said, extreme VFM! The only niggle is that it does not accept USB input - a pity, that.
Hello Keith Its sounding so sweet and warm ..its Just so beautiful..have no other words to describe...the speaker have opened up a lot more and the Amp what must I say..its just so unbelievable..I have been playing it for a straight 6 hours now

Thank you sir.

Ultimately the owners happiness is all that counts.

Have you heard any other dac in your system ?
Nope I haven't...just enjoying .would love to have any one from this thread take it and use it for however long and give me your honest thoughts...

Let me know would send it asap ...

Is the 6000A used only as a power amp a good choice considering price / value . The only other class ab ss state power amp choices seem to be emotiva,iota vx pa3

Is the 6000A used only as a power amp a good choice considering price / value .
Yes! Also, consider the Rega Brio in the same price range though feature lacking as compared to the Audiolab.

Last edited:
Hello and Good Evening
I am absolutely new to this forum and need some sound advice ..Appreciate the Time Taken To Help ...

I am currently using the Cambridge Audio CXA60 to run my recent purchase of the Whaferdale Linton ..Very impressed and extremely happy to have purchased these , they are a about two days old ..( A big thank you to HIFI Mart and Mr Anil ..Really patient and kind )

So my query here is , SHOULD I INVEST IN A POWER AMP
I would like to drive these NEW BABIES with a Power Amp , keeping my Cambridge Audio CXA60 as the Pre..( I am happy with the Cambridge Audio Amp )
Having said so I have heard the Swara Power Amp at a family friends home and Also had the privilege of hearing the Emotiva Audio BasX A-300 Stereo Power Amplifier at a dear friends home ..

I have a budget of 70k and would love to stick to that only ..( I more invested towards Sourcing Music than just gear )

Your guidance and help will kind of help me find direction to either Yes go ahead or Stick to this for a while and then Figure Something later , Not being in a hurry

My Current Setup is mentioned below

1- Speakers - Whaferdale Linton
2- Xiang Sheng ( DAC -01a Stereo D/A Converter )
3- Pioneer PLX1000 ( TT )- Use the 2m RED
4- Yaqin - ( MS-23B.RIAA) 12AX7 TUBE PHONO PRE AMP )
5- Pioneer CDJ 900 Nexus CD players ( Have two of them )

Thank you once again ..

Regards Macoy
Hi,
I also use cambridge cxa60 amp. This is a great amp very clean and meaty sounding but I always think something is missing. So I was in serach for a separate power amp to use with cxa60.

Recently I am using norge 1200 power amp and using cxa60 as pre-amp/switch.
It is only 2 days while writing this message. I know it's early to review the setup but still the sound has changed a lot. It's like I am using different speakers. So yes adding power amp does change the sound and not necessaryly always does better.

I have used norge 2060 integrated amp before and it sounds great for the money it costs.Typically norge sounds raw and musical and does not try to change the sound at all. This new power amp has all these characteristics but it sounds thin and harsh. May be it needs break-in period. Let's see how it ages.

Hello and Good Evening
I am absolutely new to this forum and need some sound advice ..Appreciate the Time Taken To Help ...

I am currently using the Cambridge Audio CXA60 to run my recent purchase of the Whaferdale Linton ..Very impressed and extremely happy to have purchased these , they are a about two days old ..( A big thank you to HIFI Mart and Mr Anil ..Really patient and kind )

I would like to drive these NEW BABIES with a Power Amp , keeping my Cambridge Audio CXA60 as the Pre..( I am happy with the Cambridge Audio Amp )
Having said so I have heard the Swara Power Amp at a family friends home and Also had the privilege of hearing the Emotiva Audio BasX A-300 Stereo Power Amplifier at a dear friends home ..

I have a budget of 70k and would love to stick to that only ..( I more invested towards Sourcing Music than just gear )

Your guidance and help will kind of help me find direction to either Yes go ahead or Stick to this for a while and then Figure Something later , Not being in a hurry

Thank you once again ..

Regards Macoy
Hi,

could you compare the audiolab 6000A with your old cambridge cxa60 amp briefly? How it is different than cxa60?
BTW I also own a cxa60 and planning to upgrade.

Thanks,
vivesh

Hello and Good Evening

Thank you once again ..

Regards Macoy

Hi Macoy,

I read about your notes on xiang sheng dac-01a. Looks like it will be a good choice for me as this is the first time I am buying a DAC, and there is a seller nearby who is quoting Rs.18,500 (used). Is it worth that amount of money?

Thanks in advance
Chris

Guys, am looking for a power amp for Lintons. Any ideas? How is the Audiolab 8300XP going to pair with them Lintons.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back