Power cables to power amp.

sunder

Hi friends, I need RR Kabels or Finolex or Supra cables 2x1.5 meters with
3 core 2.5sqmm + drain wire, and Crabtree 3 (round)pin power plug,
to build my own power cables for my 2xmonobloc power amps. So please let me know the dealers name & address. Thank you.
sunder.

Hi friends, I need RR Kabels or Finolex or Supra cables 2x1.5 meters with
3 core 2.5sqmm + drain wire, and Crabtree 3 (round)pin power plug,
to build my own power cables for my 2xmonobloc power amps. So please let me know the dealers name & address. Thank you.
sunder.

Supra Cables are available at Lakozy, Mumbai. Finolex and Crabtree Plugs-- you can get in any Good Electrical shops

RR Kabel and Finolex can be found in your local electrical market. RR Kabel is much better at similar price but is available in 90 ft rolls only. I have used RR extensively in my dedicated room build.

RR Kabel and Finolex can be found in your local electrical market. RR Kabel is much better at similar price but is available in 90 ft rolls only. I have used RR extensively in my dedicated room build.

Thank you santhol2, Is that RR Kabel sheilded? any code number
for the cable? Is it 2.5sqmm? Can we find a retailer to buy only 3 meters?
Any dealer sells Supra cables in Bangalore? Thank you.
sunder.

Hi Sunder
If it is possible try to get the Supra Power cable from USA
the dealer is selling 1.5 sq mm cable for $11 per meter

Here is the link

Guru speakers, Supra Cables, Holographic Audio, Moserobie - Sjfn HiFi Seattle Denver Montreal Chicago Minneapolis

Lakozy, the dealer for Supra in India is very erratic with the prices and for sure they wont be able to match the USA dealer price.

You can call them up and ask the prices and then take a decision

Thank you for the information rikhav. I try.

I thought we had decided that only 4sq.mm cable will do for audio on another thread a year back???

Of course nobody believes that audiophiles can ever reach a consensus... But still ... Was everybody pretending to agree then?!! :eek:hyeah:

Gobble, it is recommended that you use 4 sq.mm for transferring power from the mains upto to your rack. But for individual units, there is no harm in using 2.5 sq.mm. A Finolex 2.5 for example, carries 1100V and upto 22 amps quite easily. It is ideal for short distances.

A 4 sq.mm carries the same 1100V and upto 29 amps. The reason that a 4 sq.mm is recommended for longer distances is that it has lesser resistance.

Cheers

Last edited:
Gobble, it is recommended that you use 4 sq.mm for transferring power from the mains upto to your rack. But for individual units, there is no harm in using 2.5 sq.mm. A Finolex 2.5 for example, carries 1100V and upto 22 amps quite easily. It is ideal for short distances.

A 4 sq.mm carries the same 1100V and upto 29 amps. The reason that a 4 sq.mm is recommended for longer distances is that it has lesser resistance.

Cheers

And I have very little resistance to your line of reasoning :eek:hyeah:

Cheers

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back