Power cables

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
I am planning to DIY, few power cables... but confused as what male IEC to use.
Can you pl suggest the right one.
Thanks

This really depends on what types of sockets you have in your power distribution board.

Universal sockets (like those found on Belkin power strips) are universal and can safely handle Indian, UK & US, but not European Schuko plugs (they have a very different grounding scheme).

But American plugs plugged into universal socket wired for Indian standard will have a reversed live and neutral wire. So beware. Your equipment will work but some equipments don't like reversed live and neutral.

The Euro is better suited for India...

Provided you have correct Euro socket.

My all time favourite- audioart power1 cable. Awsome-cost-18,000 for 2metres. It improves sound stage and I can clearly make out each sound and more crisp and had improved bass. 5 stars to audioart. After imax update my Marantz SR6013 sound signature has improved a lot and I love my Marantz the best receiver for music and movies

That's great. But my post is specific in looking for a power cable in my budget, not what's the best cable available in the market ;)

So my rig is as in my signature.

I'm looking for power cables for :

1. Marantz 6012
  2. Creed Audio 100a amp
  3. Cambridge cxn streamer
  4. Marantz 6006 CD player.

Will it make any kind of difference in either of the above. Yes I know none of the above equipment is high end. All mid segment hifi.

So is it worth the effort?

1. Marantz 6012
  2. Creed Audio 100a amp
Will it make any kind of difference in either of the above. Yes I know none of the above equipment is high end. All mid segment hifi.

For Marantz Amps make your own power cable with 4sqmm finolex wires. They work very well in my experience.
For streamer and CD player buy pangea 14se
For creek you need to research a bit for suitable cable and buy the one that suits your budget.

Lot of reviews say that the cable is very stiff. I definitely need one that’s a little more flexible. When you get the time and chance, can you send me some pics of the pangea and your opinion on watsapp? Thanks bud.

Last edited by a moderator:
This really depends on what types of sockets you have in your power distribution board.
Your equipment will work but some equipments don't like reversed live and neutral.

What has been your experience with reverse wiring in AC receptacles?
Does it seem to cause damage to equipment... or to the user?

Possible. In the event of a spike or ground fault, you want the fuse to blow.
When polarity is correct, fuse is connected to line/hot, thus protecting the transformer etc
If case if reversal, transformer is seeing line/hot and fuse is between neutral and transformer.
So there is a possibility of winding damage, before fuse blows (if it does)
The chances are remote, but it's a possibility.
Usually, the risk is when going directly to wall.
If using a spike guard, some safety net is there.
So don't lose sleep over it.
Cheers,
Raghu

I've never personally had problem with audio equipment due to reversed live and neutral, nor heard artifacts of the reversal on audio playback. But @raghupb explained it well.

Not audio related but the control board on my washing machine had blown thrice and the problem was due to reversed live and neutral.

I've never personally had problem with audio equipment due to reversed live and neutral, nor heard artifacts of the reversal on audio playback. But @raghupb explained it well.

Not audio related but the control board on my washing machine had blown thrice and the problem was due to reversed live and neutral.
Aren't we talking about Alternating Current (AC) where the polarity or direction reverses 50 times in a second (I'm technically noob otherwise)? How the reversal will cause the problem, is it due to relative polarity difference between Socket and the device?

I never had this problem, a senior electrician of my Apartment once told not bother about that but Never Wrongly connect the Earthing connection.

How the reversal will cause the problem, is it due to relative polarity difference between Socket and the device?

I honestly don't know why reversed live and neutral blew the control circuit board (thrice) but on correcting it the board never blew again. I was aware that the 16A wall socket which powered the washing machine was reversed (I had checked with a screwdriver tester) but didn't bother to correct it as I also believed that it doesn't matter.

1. Marantz 6012
  2. Creed Audio 100a amp

I use ASI Liveline power cable in CA Cxn. It makes a world of difference, biggest in my entire chain.

HiFi Rig: ASI Liveline power cable + Cambridge Audio Cxn + ASI Liveline Reference IC + Quad 405 MK2 + Piega Classic 3.0

this one can possibly eliminate the power strip while providing a proper mains cable with star grounding...

Am sure it will work with other electronics too..

Write to them and find out...

Last edited by a moderator:
.... I personally prefer the UK followed by the US for how they latch on to the socket.

I too prefer the UK, it seem to latch better compared to others. But I read the EU is THE BEST because the earth contacts first before the live & neutral so if redoing everything, then this is one point to consider.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back