Power cord upgrade

To the OP:
From personal experience I suggest trying power cables as upstream as possible; Source/Dac/Preamp. Once you catch the bug, try on power amps as well. :)
Heck I use Supra on my subwoofers. :rolleyes:
I would recommend Sound Foundations as a starting point, though no personal experience, simply due to accessibility and a good review by a member.

Last edited:
On hifimart look at Lapp Olflex..

Check if soundfoundations can make you one with that

To the OP:
From personal experience I suggest trying power cables as upstream as possible; Source/Dac/Preamp. Once you catch the bug, try on power amps as well. :)
I would recommend Sound Foundations as a starting point, though no personal experience, simply due to accessibility and a good review by a member.
On hifimart look at Lapp Olflex..

Check if soundfoundations can make you one with that
Sure will check

Dear FM's

Just wanted to check how many of you actually upgraded your power chords from using stocks. I have a Denon 4500 and use it with the stock power chord. The chord provided by the manufacturer doesn't look audiophile so just wanted to check if any one has upgraded to something better and noticed any changes

Upgrading power cord did not make huge diff in my avr but in my stereo system diff was immediately noticed, still you can try diy power cable just use any thick good ofc cable and try. I used klotz 4sqmm speaker cable to make diy power cable for avr.

To the OP:

+1
I would expand that to everything, power, power cord, IC, Isolation etc etc. source first then work the way down the chain as relevant.

Power cables work with some ears and don't with others ( me included )
It's not your ears, you're getting very clean power, Newlash09.
Having said that, I would still try out one on the Devialet. In my experience Class D amps do show an improvement by a power cable change.

Caution though; once you start you cannot stop :)

It's not your ears, you're getting very clean power, Newlash09.
Having said that, I would still try out one on the Devialet. In my experience Class D amps do show an improvement by a power cable change.

Caution though; once you start you cannot stop :)

Haha...thanks...I tend to agree :)

honestly i have played with lot of RCAs and never with power cord , but a audiophile friend suggested that power cord upgrade is a must , but don't over spend on that .

so i ordered transparent cords for my entire setup and after the lock down i can test and give results .

but again it will not be leap of difference but off course if your audiophile a basic upgrade will make you happy in a long run .

honestly i have played with lot of RCAs and never with power cord , but a audiophile friend suggested that power cord upgrade is a must , but don't over spend on that .

so i ordered transparent cords for my entire setup and after the lock down i can test and give results .

but again it will not be leap of difference but off course if your audiophile a basic upgrade will make you happy in a long run .

Dont underestimate the difference until tested, you may be surprised.

I created a thread on this but have recently started wondering if we should play with fuse first before venturing into power cable? I am suggesting this applying logical mind that it is unwanted/unnecessary vibrations that pollute our music and fuse is closest we can get to power play that is producing your music. I would highly recommend using some audiophile fuses if not something better than the stock ones.

I created a thread on this but have recently started wondering if we should play with fuse first before venturing into power cable? I am suggesting this applying logical mind that it is unwanted/unnecessary vibrations that pollute our music and fuse is closest we can get to power play that is producing your music. I would highly recommend using some audiophile fuses if not something better than the stock ones.

Have you even tried upgrading fuse of your karan amp or it already comes from the factory with high quality fuses?

No, not yet but I will be very soon. The one it has appears to be basic one.

Okay
Then surely makes sense to try with the amplifier too.

It also reminds me about one more thing certain power cables by design or due to norms in some countries have inbuilt fuses.

I think either you change the cable or try to eliminate use of fuse OR ultimately try what changes you get with changing the fuse in the power cable.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back