Power cord upgrade

Love4sound

Dear FM's

Just wanted to check how many of you actually upgraded your power chords from using stocks. I have a Denon 4500 and use it with the stock power chord. The chord provided by the manufacturer doesn't look audiophile so just wanted to check if any one has upgraded to something better and noticed any changes

Well i upgraded my power cord that came with my Nad T758 v3 with a Supra Silver-Series power cord. The difference i don't know if its there as i don't have that audiophile ears ;-)
For sure i know the power cable is super thick & shielded from noise which is important for an AVR & Power Amp.
Don't expect anything much with the power cord upgrade, just better looks & off course better shielding for noise.

Cheers.

Dream: Upgrading the power cord is going to elevate my system. Rhodium, Gold, Silver, Tin, Brass and Aluminium connectors are going to act as tone controls. I'm going to experience a jet BLACK background, lush mids, silky highs. There's going to be less harshness in the sound and I find myself listening more. I am rediscovering my music collection because I can hear details that I never heard before. Adding springs to the power cord will protect the cord from micro vibrations from the universe that mess up the sound and I will now need to experiment with shock absorbers too for better isolation.

Reality:

Dream: Upgrading the power cord is going to elevate my system. Rhodium, Gold, Silver, Tin, Brass and Aluminium connectors are going to act as tone controls. I'm going to experience a jet BLACK background, lush mids, silky highs. There's going to be less harshness in the sound and I find myself listening more. I am rediscovering my music collection because I can hear details that I never heard before. Adding springs to the power cord will protect the cord from micro vibrations from the universe that mess up the sound and I will now need to experiment with shock absorbers too for better isolation.

Reality:

Addendum

Wish:
(Only if) My listening was sensitive enough to hear the differences.

Just when I thought this would be an interesting thread..
Come on don't give up so easily :)

LOL...

On a side note, I must have a veil on my ears ...
The nicest , most audiophile grade power cable I have used is the rather elegant (by my standards) power cable that came with an ATV

Just when I thought this would be an interesting thread..
Come on don't give up so easily :)
Hahahah not giving up just that the stocks seems to do the job
Not a wise call; try at least DIY with 10 or 8 awg wire.

I confess that for initial few years, I did not use full potential of my system.
Ok will keep it in mind

Reality:

This is like

Feeling " Alcohol makes us Happy "
Happiness-Head.jpg

Fact - " Alcohol is a depressent"

Alcohol is a depressant. It can slow vital functions, leading to slurred speech, slowed reaction time and impaired memory. While some people may drink to relax, the effects of alcohol can actually include increased anxiety and stress.

Reality : Who cares :p

Interesting but as a student of science there are innumerable things which even science is not able to comprehend, especially when things where human brain is involved in interaction. So nothing wrong in going with ears and heart, listen and decide, definetely worth a try.

Interesting but as a student of science there are innumerable things which even science is not able to comprehend, especially when things where human brain is involved in interaction. So nothing wrong in going with ears and heart, listen and decide, definetely worth a try.
This could be true, especially when you see a piece of equipment that is well crafted and aesthetically beautiful. When you see a super thick cable that not only looks good but also feels good the first thought that comes across is 'WOW!, Great Cable'. Looks also play a major role in decision making.
and there is nothing wrong in this, I personally believe good aesthetics has far more influence in our decision making, this is just psychology, placebo takes over. The very fact that the OP said the below, proves the point!
The chord provided by the manufacturer doesn't look audiophile

This is the reason we have a blind test, to eliminate bias. Biggest bias even over aesthetics is Brand names!

One of the reasons I love Sonus Faber is their Gorgeous designs, period. If I'm spending that much money they better look the money!

This could be true, especially when you see a piece of equipment that is well crafted and aesthetically beautiful. When you see a super thick cable that not only looks good but also feels good the first thought that comes across is 'WOW!, Great Cable'. Looks also play a major role in decision making.
and there is nothing wrong in this, I personally believe good aesthetics has far more influence in our decision making, this is just psychology, placebo takes over. The very fact that the OP said the below, proves the point!

This is the reason we have a blind test, to eliminate bias. Biggest bias even over aesthetics is Brand names!

One of the reasons I love Sonus Faber is their Gorgeous designs, period. If I'm spending that much money they better look the money!

Absolute yes. Somewhere i can feel its a combination of placebo and reality, its valid in every field not just audio. Mental satisfaction is very important be it looks or else. I close my eyes while listening. My amps look like lemons.

Interesting but as a student of science there are innumerable things which even science is not able to comprehend, especially when things where human brain is involved in interaction. So nothing wrong in going with ears and heart, listen and decide, definitely worth a try.
So True.. the path of science is to prove /explain phenomena as a starting point..not close it down as questioning and exploring is the foundation of scientific learning :)

Unfortunately the unsaid rule of science is all things are mechanistic. Subjectivity has hardly any room. But our reaction to music is very subjective. etc.

To the OP: don't let other's opinions deter you. Try out different power cables and hear it for yourself if they indeed do make a positive difference to your sound.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back