Power cord upgrade

Okay
Then surely makes sense to try with the amplifier too.

It also reminds me about one more thing certain power cables by design or due to norms in some countries have inbuilt fuses.

I think either you change the cable or try to eliminate use of fuse OR ultimately try what changes you get with changing the fuse in the power cable.
Replaced in amp too with very positive results. Note that my system doesn’t have any special power cables but powered by Equitech.

33F3D883-E5A3-47C4-8F61-41D7CAD85BA5.jpeg7B4BAAFC-CE7E-4192-9537-CBB33F71B191.jpeg

Replaced in amp too with very positive results. Note that my system doesn’t have any special power cables but powered by Equitech.

View attachment 45241View attachment 45242
Can you guide me with ideal Fuse Upgrade for Parasound A21 power amplifier? ( Links if any)
The Main fuse is slow blow 12A rated which I'll be trying to Change first & there are four 8A fuses inside which I'm not looking to change Currently.
Thanks

Can you guide me with ideal Fuse Upgrade for Parasound A21 power amplifier? ( Links if any)
The Main fuse is slow blow 12A rated which I'll be trying to Change first & there are four 8A fuses inside which I'm not looking to change Currently.
Thanks
It comes in two sizes- big and small. Rest you already have like slow blow 12a. I bought them from vhaudio.

Whether there is a sonic improvement by changing cables or not is something that you would have to find it for yourself.. I have not tried it and thus would not be able to suggest either way. Having said that I would recommend getting everything in your system, including the room treatment nailed down first and then only proceed to trying change of power cords if you must.

As for me I don't have a hifi rig that would be the most revealing..heck my music room is a square dungeon.. so I am far from trying it out.

I tried many power cord with my amplifier and found a sound difference with every cable. But always back to stock cable after a couple of days. Nothing beats my stock cable still.

Thanks I checked it, it's Slow blow 6.3A fuse for my Parasound a21, I guess.
You need to check why fuse blew up.Unless there is something in PSU ,fuse will hardly blow up.Try new fuse without connecting speakers if am is getting on for 20-30mins.
Then try some extra/other speakers to check if amp works well.

To me powercord do change sound to some extend. 0.75 sqmm sounds dynamic,
1 sqmm improves weight in sound, 1.5sqmm is very cold sounding.More the guage, more the cold sound l feel.Poorly designed cables sounds edgy.Not tried high end cables in my setup,but used some good power cables.

Buy your fuses here.

Cooper busman is a good brand for fuses.

Don't buy local fuses if you are planning to use them in expensive gear. Fast blow means that your gear will blow before the fuse if you buy local.
I think fast blow will blow faster than slow blow fuse
SB fuse has some coil inside and does not blow with transient or impulse or inrush current. FB are notorious in handling in rush current I think. But some expert need to confirm this.

I think fast blow will blow faster than slow blow fuse
SB fuse has some coil inside and does not blow with transient or impulse or inrush current. FB are notorious in handling in rush current I think. But some expert need to confirm this.

I was just kidding. I had some bad experiences many years ago with some local fuses. It said fast blow on the cover. But my components blew instead of the fuse. I learned my lesson and now buy only from brands that have made a name for themselves making these things.

Where do you guys source the power cable termination from? Especially the amp side one? With so much cable talk I am tempted to try out a couple of cables.

MaSh

Btw, anyone have experience in automotive type fuses. I have never experienced any blown fuse in past 15 years till date. Before the fuse blow, it's the equipment that fails that was hooked. I think most are overrated.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back