Power-outage when switching ON PC/subwoofer!

TheSeeker

Hello,

this issue has arisen at my home since past some time. doesnt occur everytime, but frequently. if i switch ON the UPS of my main PC, or switch ON the subwoofer of my HTS, there's a power-outage. i suspect that my earlier inverter went bad due to this, and i upgraded to a new su-kam falcon+ 1.1kva model. earlier, power-outage used to happen by the MCCB tripping. now that doesnt happen, instead, power goes off and the inverter is unable to take load. cant understand what/where's the issue - a wiring gone bad, too much load, or what.

if it helps, following are some components to give you an idea of power-consumption.....

MAIN PC:

asus p8z68 v-pro mobo, benq g2420hd monitor --> connected to an APC 1.1kva UPS, which in turn is connected to the mains with no spikeguard connected to it.

HTS:

Marantz NR16606, DNM A777 stereo amp, 12" powered subwoofer --> connected to an APC 1.1kva UPS, in turn connected to the mains.

now this power-outage thing rarely, if ever, occurs when switching on the washing machine, or TV (pana 550VT20), or my HTPC. but mostly only when switching ON the sub, or the PC/its UPS (sometimes i keep the UPS turned OFF; seldom though).

please advise how to rectify this issue....

TIA.

Possibly fault in wiring in that plug point. आर you using any adapter for the UPS or the subwoofer? Switching on my pc used to cause power outage in my room and the electrician identified the faulty universal adapter as the cause.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back