Pre Delivery Checklist- Creta

Vivek Batra

Dear FMs

I have been informed by my Hyundai dealer about the arrival of Creata DCT. The delivery should be due with in 1 week. Could you please let me know what are the pre delivery checks from my side?

Also the dealer has added the cost of Extended Warranty (approx 21k for 5 Years or 1 Lac KMs). I think the extended warranty can be bought when the standard warranty is about to expire which is (3 years unlimited KMs).

Many thanks.

Thanks
Vivek

Dear FMs

I have been informed by my Hyundai dealer about the arrival of Creata DCT. The delivery should be due with in 1 week. Could you please let me know what are the pre delivery checks from my side?

Also the dealer has added the cost of Extended Warranty (approx 21k for 5 Years or 1 Lac KMs). I think the extended warranty can be bought when the standard warranty is about to expire which is (3 years unlimited KMs).

Many thanks.

Thanks
Vivek
Congratulations Vivek. Wishing you many miles of driving pleasure. I feel the extended warranty cost should have been added after your consent. Besides if I am not mistaken, it can be extended when the current warranty is about to expire.

Congratulations,

Please ensure that DCT is covered under extended warranty. They are known for mechatronics issues.

Check the buying cost of extended warranty post 3 year. It may differ at that time. Some time they may not even offer post 3 year.

Put some nice sun film 3M CR 70 & 50 series are best. I use it in my Vento for past 10 years. Really good performing one.

Check what you are being billed for INSURANCE.... Some rip you off on Insurance.

The Tata Motors NEXON EV I am buying A car I am buying in Mumbai, includes (1st year) insurance @ Rs 85,000.

Acko & HDFC Ergo have quoted Rs 35,000 & Rs 38,000 respectively......

Enjoy your new car.

Congratulations Vivek. Wishing you many miles of driving pleasure. I feel the extended warranty cost should have been added after your consent. Besides if I am not mistaken, it can be extended when the current warranty is about to expire.
Thanks Nitin, well I haven't paid anything yet except booking amount. Extended warranty is still optional. Will check if it can be bought later or not.

Check what you are being billed for INSURANCE.... Some rip you off on Insurance.

The Tata Motors NEXON EV I am buying A car I am buying in Mumbai, includes (1st year) insurance @ Rs 85,000.

Acko & HDFC Ergo have quoted Rs 35,000 & Rs 38,000 respectively......

Enjoy your new car.
The insurance cost is around 57k, I guess it would be for 1 year only. I think the norm now days is 3 years insurance upfront?

Put some nice sun film 3M CR 70 & 50 series are best. I use it in my Vento for past 10 years. Really good performing one.
Is it allowed to have any kinda film? The rear windows in creta come with retractable sun blinds though.

Dear FMs

Many thanks.

Thanks
Vivek
Sir you get audio head unit ???( I mean CD player & DVD player with car )

Sir you get audio head unit ???( I mean CD player & DVD player with car )
No more CD/DVD players in most of the cars now days just a FM and support for USB, android auto and apple or streaming services e.g MG Hector comes with Gaana App pre installed. Not sure if it can be installed in Creta

Thanks Nitin, well I haven't paid anything yet except booking amount. Extended warranty is still optional. Will check if it can be bought later or not.
Most welcome Vivek. I had extended my warranty later after expiry of the normal warranty for the Jazz. But you may need to check with them if Hyundai does that.
Also in Mumbai atleast , films on the windows are not allowed. I had to remove mine as I was stopped twice for it.
As fm IndianEars has rightly pointed out, the insurance amt varies. There are many companies like Bajaj Allianz, Iffco Tokio etc. Pls see which one is good and the premiums are reasonable. I have had decent experience with Bajaj Allianz.
Pls check with the dealer what accessories they are providing and the usual no. of free services in the first year. Whether the 24/7 Hyundai service is also thrown in should you get stuck up in some remote place due to some vehicle issue.

Hi Vivek Congratulations on your new acquisition. There is a standard PDI checklist in the Team BhP forum which is very useful. Further many people are not very comfortable with the DCT transmission (the costs for repairing the same are prohibitive) so would suggest to take the extended warranty, however, if the prices remain same till the expiry of normal warranty you can avail the extended warranty at that point of time. You can browse through the Team BhP forum for a good idea about the usefulness or otherwise of extended warranty.

No more CD/DVD players in most of the cars now days just a FM and support for USB, android auto and apple or streaming services e.g MG Hector comes with Gaana App pre installed. Not sure if it can be installed in Creta
Thank you for your reply sir # you didn't not ask Hyundai showroom manager # head unit available or not??

Hi Vivek Congratulations on your new acquisition. There is a standard PDI checklist in the Team BhP forum which is very useful. Further many people are not very comfortable with the DCT transmission (the costs for repairing the same are prohibitive) so would suggest to take the extended warranty, however, if the prices remain same till the expiry of normal warranty you can avail the extended warranty at that point of time. You can browse through the Team BhP forum for a good idea about the usefulness or otherwise of extended warranty.
Thanks will check that thread.

Thank you for your reply sir # you didn't not ask Hyundai showroom manager # head unit available or not??
It comes with Audio Visual Navigation system 10.25 inch screen that's it.

Dear FMs

Many thanks.

Thanks
Vivek
Congratulations Vivek, very happy for you. Would be better to check forums like Team BHP to get a better understanding of PDI checks.

If standard warranty is for 3years/unlimited kms and lets say you crossed 1lakh, how Extended Warranty for 1 Lac KMs is going to be valid ?
Also, I believe 21K is for 2 more years ? or is it 5 years ? If its latter, its no brainer :p
The coverage in Extended warranty will be less than standard warranty, do get the list and keep it in your records. And if it covers gear box, do take it.
Companies might have offers after 3 years for you/might extend or change extended warranty T&Cs, its all at company's discretion.
So, you will be right person to decide it

Reg. insurance, if taken from showroom, it will be always a lot high. Take from outside and it should be bumper to bumper, zero dep for peace of mind. The insurance rep will pitch the details for you.

PDI checklist - teambhp has a thread which will have all details, also, google your showroom name for other FMs experience.

Also, check final estimation , showrooms are notorious to add handling charges and other extra charges , which they should not.

and
Congrats on your new car

If standard warranty is for 3years/unlimited kms and lets say you crossed 1lakh, how Extended Warranty for 1 Lac KMs is going to be valid ?
Also, I believe 21K is for 2 more years ? or is it 5 years ? If its latter, its no brainer :p
The coverage in Extended warranty will be less than standard warranty, do get the list and keep it in your records. And if it covers gear box, do take it.
Companies might have offers after 3 years for you/might extend or change extended warranty T&Cs, its all at company's discretion.
So, you will be right person to decide it

Reg. insurance, if taken from showroom, it will be always a lot high. Take from outside and it should be bumper to bumper, zero dep for peace of mind. The insurance rep will pitch the details for you.

PDI checklist - teambhp has a thread which will have all details, also, google your showroom name for other FMs experience.

Also, check final estimation , showrooms are notorious to add handling charges and other extra charges , which they should not.

and
Congrats on your new car
Valuable info, thanks.

Also, I believe 21K is for 2 more years ? or is it 5 years ? If its latter, its no brainer
EW starts when the standard warranty ends. Just confirmed from HMIL website. The extended warranty KMs are counted from the date of delivery. You raised a very good point.

This is from HMIL Extended Warranty policy

5th year or up to 1,40,000 km those vehicles alread 5th year or up to 1,40,000 km y have 3 years Basic Warranty or have opted 3rd year or up to 60,000/80,000/100,000 km Extended Warranty, further could avail 4th & 5th year or up to 1,20,000 km Extended Warranty from the date of delivery of new vehicle, whichever occurs first, before the expiry of 3 years Basic/Extended Warranty. However, in case the new vehicle is driven for more than 1,20,000 km in the first 3 years itself from the Date of Delivery, this 4th & 5th year Extended Warranty will get lapsed.

Last edited:
Back