Prices of audio amplifiers.

I've posted this before but for your convenience - I got the nad 325 without VAT refund for 16K from singapore, dec 2008. With refund should be around 14.5K.

Now you know what your are getting ... :)

Cheers

suprateep

where are you located
if you can come to mumbai i can help you getting the NAD 325 BEE (NEW) at a very good price
way under that 25k !
(i fell out of my chair when i heard 25k for a demo piece!)
The MRP for a new NAD 325BEE amp is 23.5k-24k (at least i was told that last month by a dealer i go to regularly for my car audio)

The norge 1000 that you are considering is also a good amp.i feel it should pair well with your missions.
if you dont find the sound signature of the norge1000 and NAD too different i would say the norge is very good VFM

As you have experienced i believe the norge 200 mospfet is quite laid back and would either cater to that kind of audience or require speakers on the brighter side to pair well with it

Did you get a chance to audition the NAD315BEE with your missions?
It is rated 10w lesser than the 325 and cost much lesser.

Thanks,

I am not getting any for home audition here in Pune :mad:

I tried the norge 2000 mofset with quad bookshelves - hell i hated it. No bass. High treble (with tone defeat off course). I will try the 1000 again in May and try to get it for home audition.

If not satisfied i will go for the NAD (which i simply loved)

I've posted this before but for your convenience - I got the nad 325 without VAT refund for 16K from singapore, dec 2008. With refund should be around 14.5K.

Now you know what your are getting ... :)

Cheers

Hey my friend is in Singapore.I'm trying to convince him to buy me an amp from there :)
Please tell me @ which store in Singapore you brought your amp?
Can you also share the prices of any other models you saw in Singapore ?
It'll be of great help :)

Thanks

suprateep

where are you located
if you can come to mumbai i can help you getting the NAD 325 BEE (NEW) at a very good price
way under that 25k !
(i fell out of my chair when i heard 25k for a demo piece!)
The MRP for a new NAD 325BEE amp is 23.5k-24k (at least i was told that last month by a dealer i go to regularly for my car audio)

The norge 1000 that you are considering is also a good amp.i feel it should pair well with your missions.
if you dont find the sound signature of the norge1000 and NAD too different i would say the norge is very good VFM

As you have experienced i believe the norge 200 mospfet is quite laid back and would either cater to that kind of audience or require speakers on the brighter side to pair well with it

Let me check the norge 1000 again -this time with an home audition. If i like it - i will take it. On the other hand i can always visit mumbai next month (am deep down in a RFP) and get the NAD,

Anyway i though the NAD 325 is discontinued so can better prices - guys please comment.

A lot of "THANKS" to suprateep and jeevabobby26. you guys really a true music friends to this site users. wish to express much more thanks but somebody says that "more the words used for expressing less the divinity felt" but anyways once again "THANK YOU VERY MUCH"

Let me try to revive this thread. I auditioned Yamaha A-S500 yesterday at the Yamaha AV square in Kolkata. The price quoted for this one is 28K, after bargaining that is. I was also told that prices have gone up and couple of weeks later we will have to pay 31K for the same model.
A-S500 I felt is a good amplifier, unfortunately its performance was hindered by the pairing Yamaha speakers.

Cambridge Audio 851 A is around a lakh plus while the 651A is at 45 K. Mind you these are the MRP. I was at Lakozy recently and came to know that the NAD 356 Bee DAC is at 65K while the 375 Bee is a lakh plus.

Nothing much to cheer about these prices (the expected explanation is the volatility of the Rupee). Indeed the prices of audio equipment these days is hardly music to the ears.

Cheers:)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back