Primephonic Western Classical Music App

It’s seems even on Chromecast it is limited to 16-bit, 48KHz. It’s a server side limitation of Primephonic as per their response quoted here:

It’s seems even on Chromecast it is limited to 16-bit, 48KHz. It’s a server side limitation of Primephonic as per their response quoted here:

That explains it, hope it will be supported in near future.

Just got an email this morning that Primephonic has been bought over by Apple.
We are getting a refund on our subscription amount along with a 6 month free trial of Apple Music.

Current subscription gets short closed in September and will be replaced with Apple Music sometime next year.
Should be interesting how this develops but over all a good move for Primephonic.

Just got an email this morning that Primephonic has been bought over by Apple.
We are getting a refund on our subscription amount along with a 6 month free trial of Apple Music.

Current subscription gets short closed in September and will be replaced with Apple Music sometime next year.
Should be interesting how this develops but over all a good move for Primephonic.

A good move for Primephonic but not a good move for us listeners? I really enjoyed the excellent curating, recommended recordings etc in the PP app.

A good move for Primephonic but not a good move for us listeners? I really enjoyed the excellent curating, recommended recordings etc in the PP app.

Yes definitely. Although they seem to indicate that the Apple is redoing the Classical Music area based on PP.
I took up the offer on the free Apple Music trial and it's really not very impressive so far.

Yes definitely. Although they seem to indicate that the Apple is redoing the Classical Music area based on PP.
I took up the offer on the free Apple Music trial and it's really not very impressive so far.

According to their press release Apple wants to release its own classical music app based on PP. But whether that will be available as part of an Apple Music subscription remains to be seen. I have never been impressed with any Apple software - no offense meant to any Apple fans. Their hardware is superb though.

I really enjoyed the PP for past 4 - 5 months time on my mobile, PC (Web Player). Their categorization, grouping based on composers, instruments and Genre was excellent. Also, the radio feature also was great option to pick random music. When I saw that announcement, was bit upset, but nothing can be done. :-(. So, I picked the option provided to me to take up Apple Music. Right from starting, in every aspects, Apple music disappoints me like App Install time, performance and Music organization, load on mobile etc. I lost most of the flexibility I had with PP app. Since, I never used Apple music earlier, I got total of 9 months of trial period, which I think its good. Let me see, if PP + Apple comes with separate or improved app for better experience.

Also, not sure how much Apple music support Chromecast streaming, which I was using with PP to my x1600H AVR.

Even though my ask may be inappropriate here in this thread , can I ask one question to related to streaming. I bought the Chromecast 3rd gen for PP/Amazon Prime music listening. Chromecast connected to my X1600H. After bit of research, I found that Chromecast will never help to stream in HD/Lossless quality. Built-in BT in my X1600H never gave me pleasant experience (frequent disconnect). So, Can I go for external BT receiver like BluMe HD? Will it give better experience than Chromecast 3rd gen?

Even though my ask may be inappropriate here in this thread , can I ask one question to related to streaming. I bought the Chromecast 3rd gen for PP/Amazon Prime music listening. Chromecast connected to my X1600H. After bit of research, I found that Chromecast will never help to stream in HD/Lossless quality. Built-in BT in my X1600H never gave me pleasant experience (frequent disconnect). So, Can I go for external BT receiver like BluMe HD? Will it give better experience than Chromecast 3rd gen?
Any input on this?

Any BT equipment won't do Lossless. Chromecast will do Lossless till 24/48.

Any BT equipment won't do Lossless. Chromecast will do Lossless till 24/48.
Thanks for the reply Yogesh. Yesterday, for the first time after moved to Apple music, i tried to cast music from my phone to Chromecast and the symbol for lossless icon gone and volume was very low. When i connected my phone to denon through BT, lossless icon popup again. Not sure if i am doing anything wrong..

Thanks for the reply Yogesh. Yesterday, for the first time after moved to Apple music, i tried to cast music from my phone to Chromecast and the symbol for lossless icon gone and volume was very low. When i connected my phone to denon through BT, lossless icon popup again. Not sure if i am doing anything wrong..
Also, are u referring to Chromecast audio, Yogesh?

Any input on this? Or, am I not getting any reply because, I posted in an inappropriate queue may be??
Selvaa , Yogesh has already mentioned the cons. BlueMe supports 24bit audio with aptxHD . So if you do want to use aptxHd then both the receiver and sender should support the same. Otherwise BlueMe is just another BT receiver.

With regards to playing Apple lossless from phone to AVR , I was watching an Darko review where he connected an audioquest external dac to ipad and then routed that to amp. there must be a reason why he does that , I didnt get a chance to complete the video.

I dont think you will be able to get lossless on BT to Denon . Current limitations to Airplay 2 also restricts the lossless playback on AVRs.

Chromecast Audio supports the audio formats as in the link below. So i am not sure if it would play Apple lossless

I am too thinking of various means to get the lossless play on my Marantz :) .

Today, i did a small test with my phone by connecting to AVR and my Sony BT headset and checked the Bluetooth negotiation. Denon negotiate with SBC and my headset negotiate with aptX. Of course, not much diff between them, though. Just attached the screenshot. In the phone codec options , could see up to LDAC. Not sure if my phone can scale to that level.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-163818.png
    Screenshot_20210916-163818.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210916-164431.png
    Screenshot_20210916-164431.png
    149.7 KB · Views: 4
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back