Pritam Music Pvt. Ltd. - please avoid this seller on amazon.in

Never had any issues with BluRays sold by Pritam and fulfilled by Amazon. Ordered a lot and all were in great quality.

Recently I ordered a CD from this dealer through amazon and the CD was having scratches towards the outer edges. I returned and got another copy. That CD too is having some smudge marks! I don't have the energy nor the time to follow up once again so I have kept it with me. (I already spent at least 2-3 hours talking with the customer care and decided it is simply not worth the efforts)

Along with CD I had also ordered an LP of a recent Bollywood movie. The LP is completely warped. I could make that as soon as I saw the LP cover! Opened it and it was warped on both sides almost like that of a cowboy hat! Returned it and was promised to get a good copy. I paid again and placed an order. Now they have cancelled my order! Needless to say not worth the effort to follow up and waste more time.

I did not post it earlier on forum in "good-will" but these dealers just need to get their act right to avoid the frustration of users.

Because of that scratched CD my DVD player has developed an issue and now it Pauses after every song! :( I even posted it on the forum for help to solve this issue.
http://www.hifivision.com/blu-ray-d.../52145-dvd-player-pauses-after-end-track.html

The business model is such that the customer care is helpless and just gives excuses like the seller dictates of items available or not,etc which does not help at all in confidence building whether you would get what you have ordered.

I ordered individual Blurays of the LOTR trilogy....got two of The Return of the King...by the time I returned from my outstation trip it was too late to return one. Have ordered from them before without any issues....

Recently I ordered a CD from this dealer through amazon and the CD was having scratches towards the outer edges. I returned and got another copy. That CD too is having some smudge marks! I don't have the energy nor the time to follow up once again so I have kept it with me. (I already spent at least 2-3 hours talking with the customer care and decided it is simply not worth the efforts)

Along with CD I had also ordered an LP of a recent Bollywood movie. The LP is completely warped. I could make that as soon as I saw the LP cover! Opened it and it was warped on both sides almost like that of a cowboy hat! Returned it and was promised to get a good copy. I paid again and placed an order. Now they have cancelled my order! Needless to say not worth the effort to follow up and waste more time.

I did not post it earlier on forum in "good-will" but these dealers just need to get their act right to avoid the frustration of users.

Because of that scratched CD my DVD player has developed an issue and now it Pauses after every song! :( I even posted it on the forum for help to solve this issue.
http://www.hifivision.com/blu-ray-d.../52145-dvd-player-pauses-after-end-track.html

The business model is such that the customer care is helpless and just gives excuses like the seller dictates of items available or not,etc which does not help at all in confidence building whether you would get what you have ordered.

This seller operates as Amazon Fulfilled which means the inventory is stored at Amazon's warehouse and shipped from Amazon and not the seller. If items are damaged then it is likely a problem with Amazon's receiving, warehousing and shipping (i.e.) didn't properly check on receipt from vendor, didn't store properly and didn't ship properly. Perhaps you could point this out to Amazon India with a copy to Jeff Bezos google his e-mail address (or not, since I see after posting that the Capt. has posted the same idea just a few posts above.)

I have sometimes had scratched CD's from both Amazon.in and Flipkart and in some cases it has been due to the CD coming loose in the case and others for no reason at all (i.e.) CD looks untouched but has scratches that I notice right when opening it the very first time. I just rip em and mostly that gets the offending CD out of the way. Those that can't be ripped go back or sometimes if too tired like you and it's a track or two I couldn't care less about, I just forget about that track.

Last edited:
For me holding the physical CD and the artwork has meaning and so I end up buying CD! :) If I rip it I dont feel the same connection with the music, its similar to Vinyl which now I have ended up with due to same reason :)

Till now , ordered some 56 CDs and not dissapionted ...so it depends..every seller had some weak points....due to postage or anything..you should give some time to recover

Hello Plasmoid (and other disgruntled patrons),

My name is Ahsan and I am one of the executives that helps run the Amazon store for Pritam Music Pvt. Ltd.
Firstly I would like to offer my sincere most apologies to you and the others who has raised an issue in terms of the physical condition of a few products or the service of Pritam Music. I know this has been LONG overdue and we are disheartened to come across this post after a significant period of it being raised. Please allow me to explain the situation.
As @jsmithe rightly stated, "This seller operates as Amazon Fulfilled which means the inventory is stored at Amazon's warehouse and shipped from Amazon and not the seller. If items are damaged then it is likely a problem with receiving, warehousing and shipping (i.e.) didn't properly check on receipt from vendor, didn't store properly and didn't ship properly"

It is indeed something on those lines. I am not pointing any fingers here but it's just that there are quality control measures in place on our end and Amazon's end. We make sure that the CD is lodged in correctly, the cover isn't ripped off from any point along with other measures. If there is some physical problem with the unit then we make it a point to not ship it to Amazon. If there's a problem with the disc's condition internally or the media's playback that is something we can't really check by opening the seal and playing every CD. This particular issue is highly unlikely to come up, if it does then there is a "no questions asked" refund or replacement policy of Amazon on defective goods. Despite of all these measures the problems do come up as it involves logistics. We take full responsibility for ALL the problems pertaining to the quality of the product. We do step in and try to find a solution for the problem at a given point.

Since its fulfilled by Amazon itself, both parties (Amazon and us) are more than happy to replace it or accept returns in there's a problem with the unit on arrival. The policies are very explicit and straightforward.

We have been in the industry for more than 20 years, we are truly very happy to service the (Media) Entertainment needs of the Indian market and we don't plan on doing this in a mediocre or questionable way. If you need further reassurance, I'd be happy to get on a phone call with you as well. I can assure you that Pritam Music as an enterprise is not in the business of fooling people or cheating in any way, we work really hard to make sure that people get the right product with the best service possible on our end. I'd like to apologise once again for this mistake. I hope we can get past this incident and work on repairing this business relationship with all our patrons. :) :)
Let us know how we can help fix this. Feel free to get in touch with us anytime on 022-40598835 or write to us on [email protected].

Thanks Plasmoid. It is indeed very shocking. Look at the way the feedback is given. I think they should be smart enough to use different user names when they add FAKE feedback :). Look at all the feedback by "Ravi Jain" on the same day.. WHAT A JOKE. I think Amazon should have caught this as a fake feedback and just deleted them.

Next Page
5/5:
"Good Service."
Ravi Jain, 22 October 2013
5/5:
"Prompt Service."
5/5:
"Good service."
5/5:
"Great Service."
5/5:
"Superb."
5/5:
"Great."
5/5:
"Great."
5/5:
"Just Superb."

I know I am replying for old post because I didn't notice that earlier. So I would like to say.... these are not fake feedbacks.

Suppose we purchase lot of items from any seller (doesn't matter in one order or many) or don't leave feedback for them. Whenever (within 6 months I guess) we go to leave feedback.... on feedback page it asks to leave the feedback for every item one by one. So what people do is.... they leave same feedback for all items by doing just copy-paste (Superb, Great Service etc etc) and the date shows same for all left feedbacks (which look fake but it's not).

I never had any issue with Pritam Music Pvt. Ltd. OR Smart Buy Movies OR Amazon. If any issue occurred, they resolved the issue immediately.

Except packing related small issue for one of my order I found Pritam Music's services quite satisfactory and competitive

I have occasionally bought music and movies from Amazon. I opt for Pritam if they are in the list of sellers. Very satisfied.

Mostly all DVDs/ Blurays I have purchased from Amazon was from Pritam music or Smartbuy movies. The service was good. No issues faced.

I must have purchased around 30 cds from Amazon India and everytime seller is Pritam
Never faced any issues
Infact my very close relative deals with pritam directly and she says they are very ethical business wise

Pritam is one of the biggest wholesalers. Back in those days, even Rhythm House used to buy from Pritam

I usually order lots and lots of CD s yearly from these guys in Amazon and I did have a problem and that's 1 in a 100 !!! Even that problem has been taken care with utmost integrity.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back