Probably the most professional stereo setup in India today

Hehe +1 to above, the installation is for a certain clientele not for cheapdas like me who would dream of sitting and listening to music for free at someone else's cost. It would be super weird unless you were a customer or a friend indeed. So take solace and the vivid visual description fm's like bhagwan or magma give us.

Reading all the posts here has me confused. Since this is a ladies fashion store why would they entertain people who go there just to listen to the system? This is a commercial establishment right, and their means of making revenue is by selling ladies fashion. Now if he was a audio dealer it is a different issue, unless he is and I am mistaken. I remember when I was on vacation in Venice, my wife wanted to look at some glass sculptures (murano I believe). We walked into this store and the lady who ran the store had a high end stereo set up in one corner, sonus faber speakers, T & A electronics etc. She saw my bored expression and invited me to enjoy some cd's while the wife browsed. We ended up spending about 400 euro there, but it was a pleasant experience for me. I am sure this lady would not let me walk into the store off the street just to listen to music. I am guessing it is the same scenario here.
Cheers,
Sid

I am sure the store has a great installation but I guess like all things expensive the audition is reserved for the super rich.

So for those of you who want to audition the system I hope you are either friends with the owner or rich in this case super rich.

Sad to learn;
But I suppose there may be some truth to it.
It is a 'commercial' establishment & the idea to make a 'sale' at the end of it. Rs. 1 cr ++ has been spent on it [audio gear alone] & the rent for the place must be 7 to 10 lacs a month - so maybe they are just looking for 'referral' clients - specifically they have their clients 'set' in place [people that purchase their clothes] & this is just for them to 'relax' while the clothes are being shown & if there is some interest that gets aroused, then the products can be explained & things could be taken forward - this is just my speculation - I have not been to the store - so I have no idea of the actual situation on the ground...

I am once again posting pure speculation;
The Designer Mr. A. G. has his flagship store in DLF Emporio Mall.
This is the 2nd store of his in the NCR region.
He sells Hi Fashion garments for MAN & WOMAN.
He was in Munich in 2015 & 2016 - MOC Audio Show.
He has set up this store with a 'super idea'
People that buy from him are generally HNI's & if they come to shop - this can become a super place to sit & wait - while the outfits can be shown to them & in the process they can get exposed to what Hi Fi [2 Channel] is all about.
He already installs a lot of HT's in NCR Region. He wants to promote 2 channel & therefore this is his approach.
I personally do look forward to visiting the store sometime & do hope that Mr. A.G. allows me in & lets me listen to his set up for an hour at least....

I am sure this lady would not let me walk into the store off the street just to listen to music. I am guessing it is the same scenario here.
Sid

Spot on SIR;
This is a Hi Fashion Store first.
Hi Fi Audio is Phase II
Therefore the emphasis is Clothes.
Audio is an 'off shoot'
That said, if someone is 'seriously' interested in PMC / Octave etc. [gear that is installed & on demo] they can schedule an appointment & drop in for a listen.

Koi 2Cr ka kharcha sirf aise hee thodi karega ke sabko sangeet sunata rahe...maal ki bikri kaisi hogi bhai. Biwiyan paise kharch kareingi aur kapde khareedeingi aur miyan bechare gana suneinge jisse kharche ka dard kuch kam ho jayega... ;)... lol... :)

From reading the news articles, the designer is both fashion designer and audio consultant.

Obviously he is catering to a client base which is of a certain cut. There is nothing wrong with that.
One just can't assume you can do a "walk in" just because you are an audio fan.
They are a business which has to be respected and given the appropriate courtesy.

Regards

Went to ND for 3 days.
Specially for audio.
Visited the Abhishek Gupta Sound Room [don't know if it has a name]
Also went to Gaziabad [its far from where I was staying] to visit Mr. Ranjeet Guru Mukh's house.
Finally was @ Sound of Music @ MG Road.

This was a 'dedicated' trip to ND for pure audio.
Did not have any other work.

1st on the 'agenda' was the room @ Def Col.
I have been here before - unfinished.
This was my 2nd visit here.

Its a very well made room.
Looks 'understated'
The 'pics' just cannot make a person understand what is going on here.

One needs to visit - sit - listen & experience it to try and understand what has been attempted & achieved to a 'large' extent.

Its not a 'big' room by any standards.
replicates a 300 sq. ft. room in most 'regular' houses.

Kuzma TT
AVM Transport [slot based]
Stahl Tek Opus DAC
Octave HP700 Pre
Octave RME 220 Mono Amps with Super Black Box
vDH Carbon Cables - 2nd & 3rd all over.
PMC MB2se Speakers on dedicated stands.

This is what I heard. Spent 2 days here.
Logged in more than 15 hours of listening over the 2 days.

The 'Host' was most kind & accommodating - always present & eager to play music for me.

I flew back with pleasant memories.

3 cheers to all that are connected with this project in India & Overseas. It looks professional & sounds professional.:clapping:

More about the other visits - not sure if I can post it here - or on some different thread....mods - please do suggest.

This is what I heard. Spent 2 days here.
Logged in more than 15 hours of listening over the 2 days.

The 'Host' was most kind & accommodating - always present & eager to play music for me.

I flew back with pleasant memories.

3 cheers to all that are connected with this project in India & Overseas. It looks professional & sounds professional.:clapping:

More about the other visits - not sure if I can post it here - or on some different thread....mods - please do suggest.

15 hours !! I am sure there is a reason :) Would love to hear more from you !!

What makes this room special ?
What was the most striking thing about the sound ?

Source = Kuzma
Transport = AVM
DAC = Stahl Tek Opus
Pre = Octave HP700
Power = Octave RME 220 + Super Black Box
Speaker = PMC MB2se
Cable = vDH - The Second & The Third [full carbon]
Room = Kaiser Acoustics [Germany]

Its an experience.
A must go to for every audiophile - a great lesson in how to control bass in a small confined space.

Audiophilia is all about personal preference & we need to look for & find what we want. This is a 'flavor' that is almost without a 'signature' & hence worth an experience.

All the Best to Mr. A.G. !
Excellent Effort;
Great Execution.
Its an oasis for music lovers.

Back