Problem with Airtel HD+ box - Distorted & Garbled Sound

Priyadarshi5

Hi Everyone,

I am facing a typical problem with my Airtel HD+ box. The sound for some of the channels is distorted and garbled. It happens particularly with Zee and Zee HD along with host of other non HD channels. The problems rectifies for most of the channels except the Zee ones by itself or when the set-top box is restarted.

I have changed the set-top box and HDMI cable on the advice of Airtel engineers but the problem persists. They asked me to contact LG, my TV guys and I got it checked by them.

There seems to be no problem with TV as confirmed by LG Engineer. I also feel the same as I have connected my TV to different devices to get crystal clear sound and it also works good for most of the channels on Airtel HD+ box. The engineer from LG also confirmed that he faced a similar problem with other Airtel customers.

Please Help.
Piyush

Zee HD channels have bad sound along with Sony Max on my Tata Sky too. No proper channel separation in 5.1 similar is when I try stereo for these channels.

Try Times Now+ (HD) if you get good sound in 5.1 then probably there is no solution to the bad sound of the Zee channels. If Start movies HD and Times Now+ also have bad sound then something might not be correct with the STB.

Hi Everyone,

I am facing a typical problem with my Airtel HD+ box. The sound for some of the channels is distorted and garbled. It happens particularly with Zee and Zee HD along with host of other non HD channels. The problems rectifies for most of the channels except the Zee ones by itself or when the set-top box is restarted.

I have changed the set-top box and HDMI cable on the advice of Airtel engineers but the problem persists. They asked me to contact LG, my TV guys and I got it checked by them.

There seems to be no problem with TV as confirmed by LG Engineer. I also feel the same as I have connected my TV to different devices to get crystal clear sound and it also works good for most of the channels on Airtel HD+ box. The engineer from LG also confirmed that he faced a similar problem with other Airtel customers.

Please Help.
Piyush

What I'd suggest is that you can connect a normal RC Cable from the set top box to your TV and check.

I had a similar issue with certain HD channels in my Tatasky and ended up replacing the STB.

HOpe this helps.

BR,
Rajiv

you can sell your Airtel HD+ and buy tata sky hd by online offer Rs. 2050 with two months HD subscription free.

Hi Everyone,

Please Help.
Piyush

Try changing the audio setting of STB to Dolby Digital if it is set to Dolby Digital Plus.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back