Problem with Marantz receiver

elangoas

I bought an used Marantz receiver SR 5200 from one of this forum members 6 months back primarily to listen to stereo source. It was a 6 Ohms - 16 Ohms speakers compatible. It was in good condition when i was using it with an 8 Ohms Onkyo HTIB BS speaker. Two months back i bought new wharfedale 9.2 to pair it up. it was working good for a month or so. Suddenly one day, i noticed that Left speaker was not working. so i swapped the speakers, noticed that it was not a fault of speaker but receiver :sad:

The actual problem is that when i switch on the system for the first time in the day listening to stereo source, both the channels work. after an hour or so, there is no sound from the left channel. There has been no problem with the right speaker/channel. Sometimes it acts very crazy. When i switch on for the first time in the day also, left channel doesn't work @ all.

Is it because i use a 6 Ohms speaker that the receiver is not able to drive it. Bcoz i have not noticed this issue when i used an 8 Ohms speaker.

My Marantz receiver has 6 channel preout. Should i consider buying a 2 channel power amplifier alone so that it can comfortably drive the speakers.

Any possible insights/expert opinions on this ?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back