Problem with WDTV Gen 1

Yogesh

No Where Near to where I want to be yet...
For Last two days when I connect my Seagate freeagent 1 TB Ext to my WDTV Gen 1, error message is given that storage cannot aggregate. HDD is shown as folder. I can access my media from it. But, when I play media from it, Feed back of remote action is delayed by minutes. When I press Fwd/Rev/Pause,Options it takes effect after 4-5 minutes OR never. Even if fwd takes effect then play doesn't, it just keeps on fwd.
So, if I want to play movie from it, I have to watch it from start to fin at one go. No pause/rev/fwd, No sub change, No audio change nothing.

At present my machine is as good as useless. Pls help.

The WD player needs certain free space in the hard disk to perform all the necessary function. Say 100 MB of free space is required in a 1GB pendrive. Make sure that you have enough free in your external hard drive. Also detach the main HDD and check the USB port using pendrive with playable content in it. I guess the issue will be resolved.

The WD player needs certain free space in the hard disk to perform all the necessary function. Say 100 MB of free space is required in a 1GB pendrive. Make sure that you have enough free in your external hard drive. Also detach the main HDD and check the USB port using pendrive with playable content in it. I guess the issue will be resolved.

I have tried created space, still it is the same.

It was running fine with about 50 GB free on my 1TB HDD. Now I have increased space to 95GB. But, didn't help.

May be you need to upgrade the firmware ? Check on product website for latest firmware updates.

Do try this but may not effective ...
Backup your HDD

Format it
Again full format it
De fragment it

Put just a movie and attach it to WDTV -WDTV file directory will be written on HDD
Now copy all the content
If you wish again defragment it

See if it works

PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS..

There must be an option to "RESET" the WD player. Did you try that?

I did factory reset, didn't work.

Do try this but may not effective ...
Backup your HDD

Format it
Again full format it
De fragment it

Put just a movie and attach it to WDTV -WDTV file directory will be written on HDD
Now copy all the content
If you wish again defragment it

See if it works

PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS..

I can't backup HDD, I don't have another. So, If I format it, I will lose a years downloads.:sad:

Yes I have a Gen 1 WDTV HD media player purchased in the USA and been using it since June 2009. It supports even a 2TB HDD as I have personally tried. I am using the latest firmware too.

---Venkat

Since you did a factory reset....to me it looks like the issue is with HDD rather than the player.

Did you try with a pen drive or HDD of another friend? Does the same problem occur?

On a side not is it not under warranty now?

Thanx guys to u all for your support. The problem is solved. How? Let' see.

After listening to you all and a bit online research, I gathered that aggregate here meant writing on the HDD. After all else failed:sad: I tried to find out where does WDTV write on HDD? It writes in .wdtv folder and I thought it might be corrupted. I deleted it and connected my HDD and BINGO:clapping::yahoo::eek:hyeah::lol::D, it made another .wdtv folder and is back to normal.

Thanks again for all your help.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back