Process Lasso for Windoze

keith_correa

Can someone who uses a PC and Windows try this software ["Process Lasso" from https://bitsum.com] and report back if it has an effect on sound quality? A friend of mine living in the US says that it has a noticeable effect.

Let me also ask my friend if there are any specific settings that he did within the s/w to get the benefits that he's claiming.

Do ask your friend on how he exactly uses to have an impact on the sound quality. Conceptually it must be prioritizing the processes/freeing RAM, so that while digital play it reduces the jitter.

Anyway, do ask your friend.

My friend uses JRiver and he's set "Gaming Mode" to trigger when JRiver is started.

keith as per the website the Gaming Mode gets activated when any game is started as I cannot set it to Gaming Mode on my music-pc. Or I may be missing some setting as your friend is able to set to this mode while playing JRiver. Let us know how your friend has done the same. I have installed it but not done any listen as no power with just the UPS backup :mad:

keith as per the website the Gaming Mode gets activated when any game is started as I cannot set it to Gaming Mode on my music-pc. Or I may be missing some setting as your friend is able to set to this mode while playing JRiver. Let us know how your friend has done the same. I have installed it but not done any listen as no power with just the UPS backup :mad:
Go here: https://bitsum.com/docs/pl/Using the GUI/using_the_gui.htm
In that page, go to section VI. i. in the Index.

Last edited:
He told me that yesterday, he installed Windows Server 2012 R2 and SQ is now even better. I told him he's a retard :)

Downloaded and installed the give away on my music PC. Thanks for the pointer, Keith.

PS: Server 2012 is supposed to be the best Windows for audio.

He told me that yesterday, he installed Windows Server 2012 R2 and SQ is now even better. I told him he's a retard :)

Yes the WS 2012 Release 2 is the best OS as far as music is concerned. There are many threads on the computeraudiophile.com site with specific settings on how to optimize it. But unfortunately this OS cannot be installed on all systems. I have a fanless Intel based Foxconn barebones PC which is not compatible with the server edition. I tried installing a copy of the 2012 R2 but I get an error that the hardware does not support it. Otherwise I would have given it a try as well as not sure whether a JRiver or Foobar apps have versions in the server OS.

Downloaded and installed the give away on my music PC. Thanks for the pointer, Keith.
You're welcome!

PS: Server 2012 is supposed to be the best Windows for audio.
Yeah, that's what I have read too. Maybe I'll believe it when many people in the forum say so after experiencing it themselves or when I experience it. :eek:hyeah:

Ok I set it to Gaming mode and had a small listening session. I felt the sound is smooth with a good base. Also felt like the PC was running smoothly without any hiccups. Yet to fully go through the site with the different settings, will have to read over the weekend :)

Ok I set it to Gaming mode and had a small listening session. I felt the sound is smooth with a good base. Also felt like the PC was running smoothly without any hiccups. Yet to fully go through the site with the different settings, will have to read over the weekend :)
Keep us informed about your findings.

I have a fanless Intel based Foxconn barebones PC which is not compatible with the server edition. I tried installing a copy of the 2012 R2 but I get an error that the hardware does not support it.
I wonder why since the hardware requirements are quite basic. What processor does the Foxconn use?

Hi,

have it running on my pc. Thanks for the heads up.

Spent the morning listening to Pretzel Logic.

No difference that I can make out. Should it ? fb2k uses 0.02% of cpu and process lasso 0.06%

ciao
gr
ciao
gr

Yeah, that's what I have read too. Maybe I'll believe it when many people in the forum say so after experiencing it themselves or when I experience it. :eek:hyeah:

I have been trying to get HQPlayer to run on my 32 bit Win 7 as I heard rave reviews by a fellow forumer. He said it beats JRiver except in UI. I had no success with HQPlayer. It gives an error when trying to run it, though installation was successful. Seems to be a known issue with 32 bit Win 7, so I ended up having another discussion with another friend who's running Server 2012 R2 on his music PC. He swears by it. May be I'll also give it a try. And apparently it is less resource hungry than Win 7.

I have been trying to get HQPlayer to run on my 32 bit Win 7 as I heard rave reviews by a fellow forumer. He said it beats JRiver except in UI. I had no success with HQPlayer. It gives an error when trying to run it, though installation was successful. Seems to be a known issue with 32 bit Win 7, so I ended up having another discussion with another friend who's running Server 2012 R2 on his music PC. He swears by it. May be I'll also give it a try. And apparently it is less resource hungry than Win 7.

Yes Joshua even the same case with me as well. It either hangs or crashes when playing a song in my Win 7 32bit OS.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back