ProFX Fusion 5.. Any idea?

kaykayshah

Hey all,

There is a new offer from ProFX.. HT Package includes Denon 1708 and ProFX fusion 5 - 5.1 Set, cables, installation.. all for 37k..

I am not able to find many reviews about ProFX fusion 5.. Any views here?

Its not worth. If u dont hav any probs with quality, u can go for it just for the sake of a home theatre. but honestly, its awful.

Actually I was going to recommend this to a friend who was looking for an affordable home theatre system. Is it really that bad?

When I visited ProFx, I could only see it as I had spent a lot of time in listening to other floorstanders. People who have listened to it - could you please pitch in?

Well initially in this HT package the same speakers were bundled with Denon AVR-1907 which was a much better receiver. Since this receiver was out of stock AVR-1708 was replaced in place or AVR-1907 and as per the information I received today i.e., 16/09/2008, the AVR-1708 is about to be replaced by AVR-1509 and the stock is expected by Pro-Fx guys. Comparitively AVR-1708 is much better than the AVR-1509 which they are planning to bundle with this package.

So from 1907 it became 1708 and now it is going to be 1509. Started with a decent receiver and now the package is going to be with a basic receiver and the best part is they are planning to revise (hike) the package price :D.

Hi everyone

This is Venkat here from Chennai, new to this forum. I love electronics / gadgets / a/v entertainment systems etc and am glad I found this forum.

My wife and I have booked our 1st apartment - 1100 sq ft 2 bedroom - and it would be ready in December 2008. We would move in by middle of Jan 2009. I had recently dropped in at a ProFX showroom here and was offered the Fusion 5 speaker system (front 3-way 150W towers, huge 100W 3-way centre unit, 100W bi-polar surrounds) along with a new Denon AVR-1509 AV Receiver all for 39k. I thought it was a good deal.

The speakers looked really good, available in the cherry and black colours. Front towers are huge and bi-polar surrounds look quite neat. Haven't had a demo on this system yet. These guys are willing to give me a demo at their showroom as well as bring the system to my house and set it up there so that I can hear and feel exactly how it sounds with my DVDs at my own place.

I am meeting the showroom executive at my new house tomorrow morning for him to have a look at the hall, check out whether concealed wiring can be done for the surrounds and to make general recommendations on choice of system etc. Will post back here after the meeting with info.

I plan to get a Samsung 50 inch Full HD plasma (costs around 1.3 lakhs now - latest model) and a good Pioneer DV 610 DVD player (with HDMI output and 1080p upscaling, USB port etc) for my hall. Initially I was thinking of a HTiB like what I have at my parents' place - the Sony HT-DDW840 mentioned in my signature - but I thought this ProFX deal was quite good.

The reviews for the Denon AVR 1509 on the internet seem to be pretty good. Though it's an entry level receiver in the latest Denon range, the company seems to have used the same high quality components used in their higher end models. And the sound is also very good it seems. Of course, if the speakers are not good, it can spoil the whole show. So this is yet to be personally determined by me.

Your views on my choice of home theatre kit would be welcome. I don't want to spend too much on the 5.1 system. I was thinking of 30k with the player, but this deal seems attractive, even if I have to buy a separate player.

Look forward to a great time here on this forum and I shall wait to hear from you all.

Thanks and warm regards,
Venkat

Dont fall in the trap....check out my posting on the similar products....not worth......i agree to what midrul is saying
========================================================

hey all,

there is a new offer from profx.. Ht package includes denon 1708 and profx fusion 5 - 5.1 set, cables, installation.. All for 37k..

I am not able to find many reviews about profx fusion 5.. Any views here?

Wecome and congrats on your new house! I am relatively new around here and have just set-up my HT system with help from the forum. The only thing I wanted to comment upon was the DVD player. Please see if you can upgrade to an Oppo 981 as it is simply brilliant - both for picture and sound. It would cost you about 18K in India which is still a fraction of the TV price. I think it would do much better justice to your TV which I also think is a great choice. Have not heard the speakers/reciver that you mentioned. I have Onkyo 705 and Wharfdale speakers which I am happy with. Thanks

hi babu here

hey why go for a seperate dvd player,

go for a ps3 , it can be used for gaming, bluray movies and dvd movies,

upscaling is very good in ps3, only draw back is u have to buy a seperate remote for ps3.
taht too for a 50 ich plasma it will be a treat to watch.

thx

I had recently dropped in at a ProFX showroom here and was offered the Fusion 5 speaker system (front 3-way 150W towers, huge 100W 3-way centre unit, 100W bi-polar surrounds) along with a new Denon AVR-1509 AV Receiver all for 39k. I thought it was a good deal.

Haven't had a demo on this system yet.

At the outset Welcome to the forum.

The Denon 1509 is a decent receiver, and at 39K with a full 5.1 speaker set is certainly a good deal. I have asked Shankar Ram to give me a call as soon as a 1909 or even the 1509 is available for a demo. I am looking at setting up a very similar system for a friend of mine in Coimbatore.

I am little weary of buying anything with a personal demo. Reviews are one thing, but whether the system meets your individual taste in music and movies can only be confirmed with a demo. The ProFx guys will tell you to confirm your order with advance before they show you a demo. Don't fall for that. Tell them you will like to see a demo without any commitment.

I would also suggest you hear the Denon with Polk's entry level monitors just for comparison.

I plan to get a Samsung 50 inch Full HD plasma (costs around 1.3 lakhs now - latest model) and a good Pioneer DV 610 DVD player (with HDMI output and 1080p upscaling, USB port etc) for my hall.

Both these products are good. As Anand has mentioned the Oppo 981 is in a different league at around 17.5, and if you can afford it it is worth it. If not the Pioneer 610 will give you good service. Don't pay more than 6000 for the Pioneer, though, and make sure it is region free before you buy it.

Cheers

Had a quick demo on ProFX Fusion 5 Speakers !!

At the outset Welcome to the forum.

The Denon 1509 is a decent receiver, and at 39K with a full 5.1 speaker set is certainly a good deal. I have asked Shankar Ram to give me a call as soon as a 1909 or even the 1509 is available for a demo. I am looking at setting up a very similar system for a friend of mine in Coimbatore.

I am little weary of buying anything with a personal demo. Reviews are one thing, but whether the system meets your individual taste in music and movies can only be confirmed with a demo. The ProFx guys will tell you to confirm your order with advance before they show you a demo. Don't fall for that. Tell them you will like to see a demo without any commitment.

I would also suggest you hear the Denon with Polk's entry level monitors just for comparison.

Both these products are good. As Anand has mentioned the Oppo 981 is in a different league at around 17.5, and if you can afford it it is worth it. If not the Pioneer 610 will give you good service. Don't pay more than 6000 for the Pioneer, though, and make sure it is region free before you buy it.

Cheers

Hi Venkat

Thanks for your response and apologies for my delayed response. I am unable to access this forum from office as most of the forums/blogs are blocked and as I get back late quite often, I haven't had the time to sit and check whether people have posted replies to my message here.

Well Venkat the Oppo sounds like a superb player but it is far beyond my budget. I can't spend 18k on just the dvd player at this point. Plus since I've always been using Pioneer dvd players, I decided on the DV 610 model since it basically plays every disc and format available.

For blu ray I think I would probably wait for a while till prices come down. The PS3 is a good deal at 24k now, but again it is about 3 times the price of the Pioneer DV 610. Of course the advantage is that you can play HD games on the PS3 too. Not sure if I can accommodate that at this point though. The time to buy would be around end Dec 08, early Jan 09 since my house would be ready only by then. So I shall wait to check out more offers while continuing my research till then.

By the way I had a quick demo of the ProFX Fusion 5 speaker system today and I thought it sounded quite good. Overall sound quality, punch etc was really good. However I had only 20 mins since power was cut at Spencer Plaza. I plan to go again next weekend for a longer demo.

No commitment at all for the demo - these guys are quite cool about it. I went with my dad today and even met the showroom manager and spent some time discussing stuff with him. He is prepared to give me a more detailed demo next time. I plan to take some of my audio CDs / favourite DVD movies to listen and watch there so that I know exactly how the system sounds.

I shall then post back here.

Thanks and warm regards,
Venkat

Hey all,

There is a new offer from ProFX.. HT Package includes Denon 1708 and ProFX fusion 5 - 5.1 Set, cables, installation.. all for 37k..

I am not able to find many reviews about ProFX fusion 5.. Any views here?

Did you go for this package .. what is your feedback ?

Am looking to setup a HT in a ~40K budget. 50% music + 50 % movies.

Want a decent AVR and the speakers need to be small to get spouse approval ..need to keep the system in a 12 * 15 hall.

Planning to pair the HT with Panasoni 42 inch PV8.

Overall budget 100K .. split 50K for the TV, 40 for the HT and 10K for the DVD player

Was initially thinking of going for a HTIB (Onkyo 5100 @ 39k) but the bulk of the recommendations on the forum seem to be against the HTIB.

I am now thinking of going for Denon AVR (1509 / 1709 / 1909)
+ Wharfedale diamonds 9.1
OR
Polk Audio RM 705
OR
ProFX Fusion 5
setup
.. will audition before finalizing :)

Looking for advice on probale prices of the above setup and suggestions on where to buy in bangalore

Was initially thinking of going for a HTIB (Onkyo 5100 @ 39k) but the bulk of the recommendations on the forum seem to be against the HTIB.

I am now thinking of going for Denon AVR (1509 / 1709 / 1909)
+ Wharfedale diamonds 9.1
OR
Polk Audio RM 705
OR
ProFX Fusion 5
setup
.. will audition before finalizing :)

I would not categorize Onkyo 5100 as a HTIB, an integrated package yes, but not a HTIB. A HTIB would come with a DVDP/Amplifier combo making future upgrading of the unit difficult, but with the Onkyo 5100 you can change the speakers/AVR, separate DVDP etc. Anyways leaving this aside, I can recommend the Onkyo 5100/5105, pretty good.

Otherwise, for speakers, Wharfedale Diamond 9.x depending on your budget. Even Polk is pretty good, but I was not impressed with ProFX Fusion 5.

Denon, definitely 1909. More powerful and also with HD Audio.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back