Projector buying from B&H PhotoVideo - Does anyone has exp?

jitendra_wilankar

Hey guys,
Just now I hav recd a quote for landed India price (approx) of 56600/- for Vivitek H1080FD projector from B&H Photovideo's India office situated in Pune i.e. BH India.

Does anyone have experience in dealing with this company for shopping from US and delivery to India which includes Customs, etc duty payment in the landed price.

Have bought lots of camera stuff from their US online store. Excellent experience overall. Their india office is also supposed to be decent!

I got lens filters like polarizer, ND , conversion adaptor etc from their US store. Prompt dispatch service. Didnt know they had an Desi branch.

Cheers

Hey guys,
Just now I hav recd a quote for landed India price (approx) of 56600/- for Vivitek H1080FD projector from B&H Photovideo's India office situated in Pune i.e. BH India.

Does anyone have experience in dealing with this company for shopping from US and delivery to India which includes Customs, etc duty payment in the landed price.

Try ICCWorld and ShopYourWorld, both have landed price in INR and are pretty decent in their service.

ICCWorld first gives you a final quote via mail and then only you make a payment (via their gateway, so no cross-border fees).

Shopyourworld has all the leading stores in their basket. The prices+taxes+duty all are displayed just before you checkout in your cart.

Hope this info helps.

Have bought lots of camera stuff from their US online store. Excellent experience overall. Their india office is also supposed to be decent!

Didnt know they had an Desi branch.

Thanks guys!

Although we have to purchase the item on US online store only, but the custom charges needs to be paid to the courier directly by DD or cash at the time of the delivery - as per their quotation mail stated.

How u guys got ur stuff delivered in India...I mean the customs and all?

Last edited:
just a word of advice.
if i were you, I wouldnt want to get a projector shipped all the way from US, its a delicate item.

What's the other way for us to procure it safely if not by Shipping? The question is being asked since I am also planning to get a DLP projector and need some direction, was planning to get it via ICCWorld.

Thanks

What's the other way for us to procure it safely if not by Shipping? The question is being asked since I am also planning to get a DLP projector and need some direction, was planning to get it via ICCWorld.

Thanks

I just put a quote request on ICCWorld. Now checking the price on Shopyourworld which is shown as 48200/- against 56600/- from B&H !!

pls check for ur model as well and let me know.

Thanks guys!

Although we have to purchase the item on US online store only, but the custom charges needs to be paid to the courier directly by DD or cash at the time of the delivery - as per their quotation mail stated.

How u guys got ur stuff delivered in India...I mean the customs and all?

No I happened to be traveling then. I got other stuff from borderlinx as well and unlike the experience of atleast two other members, my speaker driver was perfectly intact with packaging untouched by customs as well.

Cheers

Great to know that B&H can be used from India to buy product but what is the rate of Customs Duty for Audio Video Product and Photography Product if imported for personal use only.

Kindly specify.

Great to know that B&H can be used from India to buy product but what is the rate of Customs Duty for Audio Video Product and Photography Product if imported for personal use only.

Kindly specify.

Check their India website - bhindia.com
for AV items they quote 26.84% :sad: duty and other charges!

I just put a quote request on ICCWorld. Now checking the price on Shopyourworld which is shown as 48200/- against 56600/- from B&H !!

pls check for ur model as well and let me know.

Check again, in shopyourworld you have to proceed to checkout, at that place is where you will get the final quote. Currently these are the values that I get

Total: 48,200.00
Addl Item Discount 0.00
Discount 0.00
Custom Duties & Tax 13,496.00
Sub Total 61,696.00

B&H is much cheaper than this.

Check again, in shopyourworld you have to proceed to checkout, at that place is where you will get the final quote. Currently these are the values that I get

Total: 48,200.00
Addl Item Discount 0.00
Discount 0.00
Custom Duties & Tax 13,496.00
Sub Total 61,696.00

B&H is much cheaper than this.

May be ur right...after multiple tries also, my shopyourworld cart is shown empty! So couldn't check the final cost.

Here are my queries answered by BHIndia -

1. The item will be delivered to your doorstep. The landed cost includes price, shipping, customs duty & clearing charges but excludes octroi if any.

2. To place an order with us, the payment has to be made 100% in advance by credit card or bank wire transfer.

For Credit card Payment:

We need a scan / fax of back & front of your credit card.
On the scan / fax please mention,
The Expiry date
Name of the card holder
Credit card number
Card Name

Billing & Shipping Address with contact nos.

To make a bank wire transfer:

You will need a proforma invoice and B&H bank details and account number from us.
Please submit it to your bank. It normally takes 3 working days for the wire to be received at our end in NY.
When we receive the payment, equipment is shipped directly to your address from B&H New York.
Customs duty (included in Landed Cost) applicable has to be paid on delivery to the courier company via DD or by cash.
And if any Octroi is applicable that is paid by you to the courier company directly on receiving the goods.

We need your Billing Address with contact no. in order to issue the Proforma Invoice.

3. The courier company will inform you a day in advance of delivery the exact amt. of duty & clearing charges.

4. The deviation depends upon the fluctuation of the US dollar rate.

5. Accessories mentioned as item includes on the B&H NY website will be included.

Remote Control With Battteries (AA x 2)
Component Cable
User's Manual (on CD-ROM)
Warranty Card

6. As of now the product is in stock so estimated delivery time will be around 8-10 working days once the order is placed.

Original queries -
1. The item will be delivered to my address i.e. door delivery included in the approx landed cost below...?
2. How to place the order?
3. After order placing and US payment made, when I will be notified about the actual cost of customs, etc which has to be paid to the courier?
4. What is the normal % deviation possible between the approx and actual landed cost?
5. The item shall contain all standard the accessories mentioned on the US site...right?
6. Actual delivery time after placing the order?

Original qoutation -

Our Price: $ 832.64
Discount Price: $ 815.99

Shipping to India via UPS: $ 143.01

TOTAL COST: $ 959.00
US DOLLARS NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY NINE ONLY

Landed Cost Approx: INR 56,600.00 (includes US dollar cost, customs duty and clearing charges)
------------------------------------------------------
The rupee price is subject to the exchange rate.
Dollar Conversion calculated at 46.00
100% US price to be paid in advance in US dollars via credit card or bank wire transfer.
Plus Custom duty etc to be paid directly on delivery via DD [demand draft] or cash to the courier service.
Landed cost includes shipping cost, clearing charges and duty applicable, but excludes Octroi if any.
Every effort is made to supply equipment that runs on 220 V only.
However, certain equipments are supplied with 220/110 V, if equipment of 110V is supplied please use a transformer.
Return policy: If at all the item is defective or damaged you need to notify us within 30 days.
Validity: This quotation is valid for one week.

May be ur right...after multiple tries also, my shopyourworld cart is shown empty! So couldn't check the final cost.

Without logging in, the cart will always be empty. I faced the same problem the first time, the FQA and those introductory vedio never say this.

Overall looks like B&H India looks a better choice.

Thanks man....
recd the following from ICCWorld -

Total all-inclusive cost of item for delivery to India based on current exchange ****rates will be:

Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 42496

International Shipping: Rs. 2484

Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 13306
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL Rs. 58286

I provided them the B&H US link itself and they offered the above price!
Yes, it is more than BH India.

Thanks man....
recd the following quote from ICCWorld -

Total all-inclusive cost of item for delivery to India based on current exchange ****rates will be:

Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 42496

International Shipping: Rs. 2484

Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 13306
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL Rs. 58286

I provided them the B&H US link itself and they offered the above price!
Yes, it is more than BH India.

Here is the quote from Shoyourworld + Buy.com

Card Type 3MCreditCard
Items 1
Total 49,100.00
Addl Item Discount 0.00
Discount 0.00
Custom Duties & Tax 7,365.00
Sub Total 56,465.00
Shop Your World Rupees: - 0.00
Grand Total 56,465.00

Add. Discount of 1250/- for ICICI Net banking.

Have bought tons of stuff from B&H's store in NY.

Its a pleasant surprise that they have started this service. Please do post your feedback about this service if you choose to use it.

Have bought tons of stuff from B&H's store in NY.

Its a pleasant surprise that they have started this service. Please do post your feedback about this service if you choose to use it.

Sure...!

Right now I am inclined to Shopyourworld.com's 55k quote....let's see. Feedback is assured.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back