Projector for Small Home Theatre Room

deepsteptom

Hi Guys,

I am on look out for my first projector for my quite small home theatre rooom. I was using an LG 3D TV so far and it broke down a week back :( I want to go for a full HD 1080p projector. My max possible screen width is 60 inches. The max distance from screen to viewing area is just about 8 feet. So pretty much small.

Do i need to search for any specific category of projectors considering this small size ?
What should be the distance between the screen and projector ?
Any other recommendations/tips ?

Thanks
Thomas

Diagonal screen size is 68 inches
Budget is not the major constraint. However i expect it to be below 1500 USD

Do you think my room size is a problem. It was built as a TV room. Now when i want to convert it into a home theatre with a projector, my friends say that the room dimensions (6ft X 9 ft) are not good enough

Thanks

For anything less than 80 inches it actually makes sense to buy a TV, use it freely, no maintenance and you will not have to worry about the lamp hours either. TV panels are a lot less expensive now than what they used to be, especially with your budget.
If you plan to move to a bigger place in future then it will change the equation.

I have setup an HT in a small room of dimension 8'x12', and installed an acer projector with a 90" screen. Had to do some room acoustics, but its performing good now.
For your requirement as other FMs said, please opt for a flat panel as projector will be an overkill there. However if you really want a projector, go for any short throw projectors which will match your budget. Optoma will be a good choice

I think Epson 5350 should be good enough for this room. You can put a manual pull down screen and comfortable watch it.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back