Projector from US

Kevin16

Hi all,

Iam planning to buy full hd projector from US.

Please share your suggestions, which model or brand I should look for.

Budget 35k inr approx.

Thanks
Kevin

Hi all,

Iam planning to buy full hd projector from US.

Please share your suggestions, which model or brand I should look for.

Budget 35k inr approx.

Thanks
Kevin​
Are you planning to bring it with you or you meant importing one?

Please do remember the warranty won't be covered in both scenarios. I will suggest getting one from India once you reach home.

Is the budget flexible? Most of the decent full hd options are north of 50K INR.​

Are you planning to bring it with you or you meant importing one?

Please do remember the warranty won't be covered in both scenarios. I will suggest getting one from India once you reach home.

Is the budget flexible? Most of the decent full hd options are north of 50K INR.​
One of my friend is coming back from US, So i thought of bringing one.

Compared to IND most of the projectors are cheaper in US.

Yes, they are. But it has its downsides, too. If you could raise the budget, you can find a good deal in India. Projectors, especially Epson keep the prices almost similar across US and EU.

For example, Epson 6050UB sells for around +/- $3000 in US, in India you can bargain and get a 9400 for ₹1.8 lakhs ( bargaining skills ).

Both are identical units. As you can see, there is a considerable difference in price. And warranty is a plus here.

Yes, they are. But it has its downsides, too. If you could raise the budget, you can find a good deal in India. Projectors, especially Epson keep the prices almost similar across US and EU.

For example, Epson 6050UB sells for around +/- $3000 in US, in India you can bargain and get a 9400 for ₹1.8 lakhs ( bargaining skills ).

Both are identical units. As you can see, there is a considerable difference in price. And warranty is a plus here.
Exactly this. Before covid i was certainly going to get this projector from the US. Covid forced me to evaluate my options in India, I thought okay i will need to downgrade and pay the same amount in India for an inferior projector.

To my surprise i ended up getting the same product much cheaper in India without the hassle of carrying one. (Epson TW9400) Additional warranty to boot!

There you go. :D

We often forget to weigh our options. Projectors are still considered as a luxury in India. That's why the huge price tag attached to them. And some of the dealers do not know much about them.

At the same time, it depreciates faster, too. One just has to wait for a deal. Delayed gratification.

I understand that my suggestion to go with 9400 involves a substantial 'raise' in OP's budget. My intention was to give him an idea about the prices in India. Hope I didn't make him drop the plan.

@Kevin16 Talk to your local dealer, and don't divulge your budget. Try to audition and find out whether you're fine with the quality of the image ( Contrast, Sharpeness and Color accuracy ). Though no point in looking for accurate color in any of the entry level projectors irrespective of the brand.

Most entry level projectors advertise mainly on resolution and brightness.

I have seen people starting with a budget of 50k and after auditoning, they raise the budget and ended up with an Epson or a Sony, lol. Not just for projectors. This hobby is dangerous to the wallet.

Also, please do not hurry. I understand the excitement. Do you plan on building a home theatre or just adding a projector to the existing setup?

If you're are building a home theatre from scratch, then please plan and get other HT components from US except projector.

You're at the right place to ask anything. All the best :)

Last edited:
There you go. :D

We often forget to weigh our options. Projectors are still considered as a luxury in India. That's why the huge price tag attached to them. And some of the dealers do not know much about them.

At the same time, it depreciates faster, too. One just has to wait for a deal. Delayed gratification.

I understand that my suggestion to go with 9400 involves a substantial 'raise' in OP's budget. My intention was to give him an idea about the prices in India. Hope I didn't make him drop the plan.

@Kevin16 Talk to your local dealer, and don't divulge your budget. Try to audition and find out whether you're fine with the quality of the image ( Contrast, Sharpeness and Color accuracy ). Though no point in looking for accurate color in any of the entry level projectors irrespective of the brand.

Most entry level projectors advertise mainly on resolution and brightness.

I have seen people starting with a budget of 50k and after auditoning, they raise the budget and ended up with an Epson or a Sony, lol. Not just for projectors. This hobby is dangerous to the wallet.

Also, please do not hurry. I understand the excitement. Do you plan on building a home theatre or just adding a projector to the existing setup?

If you're are building a home theatre from scratch, then please plan and get other HT components from US except projector.

You're at the right place to ask anything. All the best :)
Thanks mate, I already have an existing setup in my living room and I've planned to move that to another bedroom.

I bought my Epson HomeCinema 2045 Full HD during my US trip in 2018 along with additional Projector lamp for $600 USD in an offer. IMO, it was really worthy, even though there is a risk involved on the warranty side. At that time, when I checked, same/similar model costed more than 75K INR. Now that projector is in deep sleep now for past 1 year, after my TV upgrade.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back