Projector help

uzair

Hi all,

I have been recently researching projectors and was amazed at the amount of information that is available on this website. I hope somebody can give me advice/guidance on my query.

Well i have never owned a projector, but recently a friend of mine mentioned that he has a MITSUBISHI XL25U projector that he no longer uses. I have researched some info on this model and it seems pretty good.

However i would certainly want your opinions on this. My primary usage is going to be for home use, for watching movies, for the occasional match and for my playstation2.

Would this Model suit my needs?
I have been told that the lamp is in pretty good shape and will last for at least another 1500 hrs, do i change it now or do i let it burn out?
The model looks in good condition from outside, but are there some other checks that i need to do?
I understand that this would be used but im sure as its my first one id rather have it used while i experiment with it:D:D

more questions to follow when/if i buy it:lol:

Hi all,

I have been recently researching projectors and was amazed at the amount of information that is available on this website. I hope somebody can give me advice/guidance on my query.

Well i have never owned a projector, but recently a friend of mine mentioned that he has a MITSUBISHI XL25U projector that he no longer uses. I have researched some info on this model and it seems pretty good.

However i would certainly want your opinions on this. My primary usage is going to be for home use, for watching movies, for the occasional match and for my playstation2.

Would this Model suit my needs?
I have been told that the lamp is in pretty good shape and will last for at least another 1500 hrs, do i change it now or do i let it burn out?
The model looks in good condition from outside, but are there some other checks that i need to do?
I understand that this would be used but im sure as its my first one id rather have it used while i experiment with it:D:D

more questions to follow when/if i buy it:lol:

following the link Mitsubishi Replacement Lamp for SL25U, XL25U and XL30U ( VLT-XL30LP ) - Replacement Lamp - Mitsubishi Projector
a fresh lamp for the same prj is told to last 1500 hrs..
even the brand new prj models have a lamp life of 2000hrs..
reconfirm the same from ur friend
download the manual of the prj and try to find the used lamp hrs and then make ur decision..
if the lamp life is not much then no use pyurchasing this as lamp wd set u back by 400$USD

Thanks jayad08,

I will certainly ask him about the lamp life

However, could you also inform me if this projector model or an epson emp 835 are suitable for my requirements?

Thanks jayad08,

I will certainly ask him about the lamp life

However, could you also inform me if this projector model or an epson emp 835 are suitable for my requirements?

epson emp 835 fares better than mits model..but again what is the lamp life left on defines whether u take it or not..
why dont u shop for a new viewsonic/epson DLP WXGA instead, should be in the range of 20-30k..
the ones u r looking at are worth only if u get them below 10k IMO

what is your budget that would be the deciding factor. If you can get one from abroad there are plenty of options available around 500$ +

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back