projector recommendation

^^Not yet. Still confused. :) The new LG LED full HD projector PF 1500 has been just released and some folks have bought it in USA and have posted good initial reviews on AVS forum. It costs around $950 at the moment. Will wait for couple of weeks to see if it gets released in India at reasonable price of around 75-80K.

@ deepbluesky,
any specific reason for Led projector? Did you demo any?

Yeah there are quite a few reasons for going for LED projector,

1> No bulb replacement required, long projector shelf life.
2> No dust blob or maintenance issues like filter cleaning.
3> High durability
4> Instance on/off
5> Very less heating and fan noise (on Eco mode)
6> Very portable
7> Available at reasonable price in India with LG 2 years warranty (so peace of mind)
8> Minimal rainbow effect (for those who are susceptible)

mine got yesterday.
gcr-albums-acer-picture706-wp-20150412-004.jpg

I connected via VGA cable with my old pc. picture quality is good. 3D also working via VGA cable. I'm using sainsonic glasses one rechargeable and other with button battery
gcr-albums-acer-picture707-wp-20150412-012.jpg

Last edited:
mine got yesterday.
I connected via VGA cable with my old pc. picture quality is good. 3D also working via VGA cable. I'm using sainsonic glasses one rechargeable and other with button battery

Cool. Congrats. Try connecting it via HDMI if you can. Quality will be much better over HDMI than VGA connection. I have ordered LG PA77u Led Projector from Amazon.com. I have also ordered Sainsonic rainbow 3D glasses with that. I should receive it by Friday I think, I will post a review then.

Hi members,

I'm planning to buy one of the following projector from US this month.

1) Epson HC 2000 @ $600
2) Optoma HD141X @ $600

3) Acer H5380BD @ ~$450 (because of huge fans of its predecessor H5370BD)

I know its LCD vs DLP. I don't know whether i'm sensitive to rainbows.

I've been eyeing on Acer H5370BD and epson HC2000 last year, but it didn't worked out. (720p vs 1080p).

Which one should I go for? Or any other suggestions.. (to confuse more.. :eek:hyeah:)

And one more thing..
I need a media player too.

KDLINKS HD700
Keedox Amlogic s802
Micca MPLAY-HD

regards
girish:)
I suggest you the option Optoma HD141X as it is full HD and provides an impressive contrast ratio of 20,000:1.Brightness is also above average.But as you mentioned that it is out of our budget that is should suggest you the can buy a projector screen at affordable price.I suggest you to visit there projector screens are available at affordable prices.

@Granceshin,
thanks for your suggestion.HD141X is gaining more and more fans here. But, i already bought acer h5380, and its with me now :yahoo: .

I vote for Optoma HD141X ;)

oh ...hahaha
I didnt see the entire thread :D

I see u got Acer projector :clapping:

have fun .. :)

Thanks aditya ( can I ? ). The threads
My First HT Room !!! and Optoma HD141x HD / Full 3D made me to include HD141X. But I finalized Acer. I got it at sub $400.
Now i'm checking screen to enjoy it fully. i will go for fixed one. I saw blackout cloths locally.

The thread got deviated.

regards

Last edited:
@Granceshin,
thanks for your suggestion.HD141X is gaining more and more fans here. But, i already bought acer h5380, and its with me now :yahoo: .

Thanks aditya ( can I ? ). The threads
My First HT Room !!! and Optoma HD141x HD / Full 3D made me to include HD141X. But I finalized Acer. I got it at sub $400.
Now i'm checking screen to enjoy it fully. i will go for fixed one. I saw blackout cloths locally.

The thread got deviated.

regards

Yes, u can call me Aditya :p
have fun in setting up the system and dont forget to post the pics ;)

Yeah there are quite a few reasons for going for LED projector,

1> No bulb replacement required, long projector shelf life.
2> No dust blob or maintenance issues like filter cleaning.
3> High durability
4> Instance on/off
5> Very less heating and fan noise (on Eco mode)
6> Very portable
7> Available at reasonable price in India with LG 2 years warranty (so peace of mind)
8> Minimal rainbow effect (for those who are susceptible)

I concur the views on LED, mine is LG PA75U connected through an HDMI from my ONKYO 609 to a 130inch screen. Its good except it doesn't support HDMI with ARC and MHL which the new model (PF1500) supports. Main advantage with respect to bulb projectors is the instant ON and OFF without any major cooling arrangement.

update: i bought wall mount for the projector. Blackout cloth locally .
Ordered raspberry pi 2, will be reaching here next week.

I concur the views on LED, mine is LG PA75U connected through an HDMI from my ONKYO 609 to a 130inch screen. Its good except it doesn't support HDMI with ARC and MHL which the new model (PF1500) supports. Main advantage with respect to bulb projectors is the instant ON and OFF without any major cooling arrangement.

That new LG model PF1500 looks to be a great LED projector, the only downer being the absence of 3D in the US version(not a big deal, in my opinion. The Korean version has 3D) and lack of lens shift (again, not a deal breaker). Regarding rainbows, the review on projectorcentral stated that the rainbows are minimal and comparable to the rainbows produced by a 6x color wheel DLP projector. Which effectively means that this model is as good as it is going to get with regard to the rainbow effect.
Having said that, I am curious about the rainbows produced by the older LED projectors like the Acer K330, LG PB60/72G, Qumi, etc. Can anyone comment on the colour wheel equivalent of these models as far as rainbows are concerned?

That new LG model PF1500 looks to be a great LED projector, the only downer being the absence of 3D in the US version(not a big deal, in my opinion. The Korean version has 3D) and lack of lens shift (again, not a deal breaker). Regarding rainbows, the review on projectorcentral stated that the rainbows are minimal and comparable to the rainbows produced by a 6x color wheel DLP projector. Which effectively means that this model is as good as it is going to get with regard to the rainbow effect.
Having said that, I am curious about the rainbows produced by the older LED projectors like the Acer K330, LG PB60/72G, Qumi, etc. Can anyone comment on the colour wheel equivalent of these models as far as rainbows are concerned?

The question is not clear. May be topic got deviated. I have acer h5380 with me. I'm enjoying it. Didn't installed it yet. Rainbows are there, but not bothering me or my family.

The question is not clear. May be topic got deviated. I have acer h5380 with me. I'm enjoying it. Didn't installed it yet. Rainbows are there, but not bothering me or my family.

The question was basically aimed at LED projector owners. Do they see rainbow artifacts with these LED projectors? If so, what DLP colour wheel speed projectors are these rainbows comparable to (i.e. are the rainbows similar to the rainbows produced by a 2x, 4x, 5x, or 6x projector)?? Hope the question is clear.

^^Not yet. Still confused. :) The new LG LED full HD projector PF 1500 has been just released and some folks have bought it in USA and have posted good initial reviews on AVS forum. It costs around $950 at the moment. Will wait for couple of weeks to see if it gets released in India at reasonable price of around 75-80K.

Still the LED projector by Lg is not marketed well in India, the prices were ridiculously high. LG could have used its projector portfolio to counter LED TVs where its share is less.

They can include wireless HDMI feature to their projector and expect the HD set top box people to connect to it seamlessly.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back