projector recommendation

The question was basically aimed at LED projector owners. Do they see rainbow artifacts with these LED projectors? If so, what DLP colour wheel speed projectors are these rainbows comparable to (i.e. are the rainbows similar to the rainbows produced by a 2x, 4x, 5x, or 6x projector)?? Hope the question is clear.

I have been using the Benq GP2 LED projector for about 3 years now. I, or no one in the family, thankfully have had the rainbow effect ever.

Still the LED projector by Lg is not marketed well in India, the prices were ridiculously high. LG could have used its projector portfolio to counter LED TVs where its share is less.

They can include wireless HDMI feature to their projector and expect the HD set top box people to connect to it seamlessly.

In my opinion, except for rare cases, a projector, LED or otherwise, cannot replace a TV. When I bought my projector, LG ones were ridiculously priced. Not that I would have bought it anyway since I am quite averse to the brand, but then the pricing was too optimistic.

Thanks!

I am in a fix trying to avoid spending on an additional 55" inch television as I already have a 42" inch LG 3D TV and the options I am looking at for a projector is primarily to be portable and serve the purpose of watching TV series, movies and may be occasionally hook up my Xbox one for gaming. Not going to watch live TV

My budget is up to INR 60K and two HD models I had under consideration is Optoma HD141X and LG PF1500, I read about lag issues on LGPF1500 and Optoma eventually fell out of my shortlist due to the portability factor.

What would be your opinion on LG PW800G? It is costing approx INR 32168 if ordered from US against Indian MRP of 50799 as of today on Snapdeal.

I would also be investing in a projector screen (non-motorized)

My projector screen size 150"(4:3) costed me Rs.13,200 (Liberty-Quanto-Manual - insta lock). It was couriered from Hyderabad AV vision. Did you tried LG PF85U?

It is wise to buy the units (AVR from Europe & projector from US) from overseas(warranty is alone a risk). My LG PA75U main remote conked off(in india) with a week of purchase in US. But Im now using the bluetooth remote. Im OK.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back