Projector screen queries

krishnamurthy

I have received quotes for the screens with the following terms:

4k resolution, 3D enabled, gain ratio, half view angle, viewing angle.

I can understand gain ratio of 1-1.1 but 1.4 gain ratio is advisable?

Half view angle of 30 degrees. What is the optimum one for half view and full view fixed frame screen?

Can the screen really be 4k resolution and 3D enabled?

Can the screen really be 4k resolution and 3D enabled?

A screen can be 3d enabled polarization preservation screen when someone has 2 Projector setup which separates right and left eye image. But there is nothing fancy if you are using a single 3d PJ.

4K screen? its just a marketing gimmick. Resolution is produced by projector and it the surface does not matter. May let it be a plain wall.

Everyone wants to sell by using trendy words. I will not be surprised if we hear 4k spectacle very soon. :lol:

1) so basically i want recommendations for a good vfm projector,i have done some research on snapdeal and the like but i could really do with some recommendations here.budget:25k,can be extended in case its not enough.
2) i coudnt find a screen smaller than 90" on amazon or ebay will 720p content suffer from pixelation on this size?
3)i hope getting the right projector and screen is all thats required?then i just have to plug it in,maybe fiddle with a setting or two and its mostly plug and play?
let me know if i am missing something,really looking forward to this setup!
i created a thread with these same queries but its taking a long time for it to be approved so i am seeking answers here too,i want to buy the components soon but i cant as long as these questions remain unanswered.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back