Projector Screen question

GeorgeO

Would appreciate some input on this:

I brought a DaLite screen across from the US a couple of months ago, the szie that I measured is 53 inches ht and 69 inches width. I plan to mount this using a wooden/steel aluminium frame to give it rigidity, and place a black border on the edges.

The pj is a Panasonic LCD AE 100, older model that I may upgrade later.

1. What is the screen size that I should aim for?

2. Any suggestions about the frame material? I plan to use tacks to stretch the screen and hold it in place.

3. Any other advice?

Thanks

George

The size thats least you should have aimed for is 72 " W X 54 " H.
As your screen falls a little short, adjust the projector distance for optimum size.
The screen can be tensioned onto a frame by two means.
1. make a steel frame with square pipes and then tension the screen by sticking on with Anabond.
2. Put eyelets onto the screen . This can be tensioned using nylon ropes onto a steel frame.
3. make a pocket @ the top and bottom of the screen. Slot in pipes and then hang it.
Both of these can be executed by any signage manufacturer

If interested I can share a screen manufacturer based in Baroda who can heat seam the black border and make the pockets for Option 3.

We have used his screens extensively for over events

Thaks for the useful suggestions, definitely can incorporate some of them. Let me chew on it and revert in te next few days. Have some things planned over this weekend with my son visting fom the US.

If I remember correct the size was a couple of inches higher at my brothers place, we cuta little bit to pack it. The width is the original width, no changes.

George

I would advice a screen width of at least 8 feet. This will be ideal for projections upto 102" to 110" wide in 2.40:1 aspect ratio.

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd put in my 2 bits. The screen width should not be more than half of perpendicular distance from viewing seat. It means if you sit 10 feet (120 inches) away from screen, than the screen should not be more than 60 inches wide. This width is actual width and not the diagonal.

Image adjustment from projector and masking of screen should be done accordingly.

AKG

I've been thinking over all aspects opf this for the past few weeks, and my situiation is as folows.

My basement is about 15 X 12 ft, with a 8 X 8 extension that opens out to a skylight about 29 feet high. At around 10 ft heoght is the dining area with a railing so that people can look down into the 8 X 8 court below.

At the basement floor level, I initially planned to have the screen mounted on one of the walls along the 12 ft length, then realised after listening to some music that the sound is a biot too boomy. Accordingly I plan to now have the screen on the 15 ft length adjoinging the court. The options I have are
1. Have a fixed screen-which means that light into the court will get blocked by it.

2. Have a fixed sframe, which retracts-possible.

3, Have a conventions drop down/roll up screen which retracts and uses minimal space.

At this time while I am exploring options to mount the screen on an alumnium frame and figure out how to retract it and drop it down, the conventional rolling type solutions looks easiest to implement.

Question-I already have the screen, so can anyone point me to comeone who may be able to fix this into the drop down/roll up mechanism?

Any onw have any thoughts or questions, please ask.

Thanks

George

The size thats least you should have aimed for is 72 " W X 54 " H.
As your screen falls a little short, adjust the projector distance for optimum size.
The screen can be tensioned onto a frame by two means.
1. make a steel frame with square pipes and then tension the screen by sticking on with Anabond.
2. Put eyelets onto the screen . This can be tensioned using nylon ropes onto a steel frame.
3. make a pocket @ the top and bottom of the screen. Slot in pipes and then hang it.
Both of these can be executed by any signage manufacturer

If interested I can share a screen manufacturer based in Baroda who can heat seam the black border and make the pockets for Option 3.

We have used his screens extensively for over events

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back