Projector Screen Size & Video Source Quality Discussion

ATTACH]
..My distance is 11ft from screen and screen size is 106 inches .. HD tv image quality is good and comfortable.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1428319684468.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1428319684468.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 118
I think from 92" to 100" which is just 8" diagonal size will not make much of a difference.

If u go for a 100" screen it will be future proof, whenever u feel like getting the movies on Bluray rather than downloaded ones.

My suggestion will be 100" screen, there is not point in discussing for 8" of difference unless there is a huge difference of money between 92" and 100"

I am sitting at 9 feet distance and i got 100" screen, it is perfect for that distance (I personally feel that)

Last edited:
I dont think 8" diagonal size will not make much of a difference.

If u go for a 100" screen it will be future proof, whenever u feel like getting the movies on Bluray rather than downloaded ones.

I am sitting at 9 feet distance and i got 100" screen, it is perfect for that distance (I personally feel that)

I see. Yes, I will be watching blu ray and 720p/1080p rip things...
My questions
1. How are 720p rips on tat 100" screen @9feet? Bearable?
2. Any rainbows with ur projector? Do u see them around subtitles ans news tickers? Hv u seen sports. Do u notice them around white cricket balls?

I see. Yes, I will be watching blu ray and 720p/1080p rip things...
My questions
1. How are 720p rips on tat 100" screen @9feet? Bearable?
2. Any rainbows with ur projector? Do u see them around subtitles ans news tickers? Hv u seen sports. Do u notice them around white cricket balls?

i think what u r talking here is about the edges of an object or character pixelating .... which usually happens when the video quality is low and the screen is big.....

You will find that kind of pixels only when u play some really low quality stuff, like from youtube non-HD videos or DVD rips.
720 & 1080 rips are playing like a charm... no issues for me

i think what u r talking here is about the edges of an object or character pixelating .... which usually happens when the video quality is low and the screen is big.....

You will find that kind of pixels only when u play some really low quality stuff, like from youtube non-HD videos or DVD rips.
720 & 1080 rips are playing like a charm... no issues for me

Thanks. That helped.
My question to you specifically was also about the potential rainbow artifacts with single chip dlp projectors. do you see them?

Last edited:
Re: Would you buy a 100" screen for 9 feet viewing distance

I did 8 and a half feet with my 100 on the weekend and it was fine. :)

I am relatively a new pj user (only a week of ownership) with a viewing distance of approx. 14'. I started with 140" and have come down to around 120" at the moment. I have watched SD and HD TV channels as well as DVD's and Blurays in all 1.78, 1.85 and 2.35 aspect ratios and feel that maybe 110" or 120" is the sweet spot for me at the moment. I think you should be good with rather a 92" screen. 100" wouldn't be much of a problem either. But of course, nothing bigger than that.

Just my two cents.

Thanks. That helped.
My question to you specifically was also about the potential rainbow artifacts with single chip dlp projectors. do you see them?

NOT AT ALL :)

I use my projector daily 3 to 4 hrs ..... playing games on PC watching movies Bluray.

and on weekends i use it for continuously 10 to 12 hrs .... not turning it off for 5 minutes also. No issues faced till now using it from past 3 months.

I have Optoma HD141X FullHD 3D projector...... if u dont have a projector i suggest you to go for this projector ...buy it from Amazon ...i can help you out with that.

i have posted in your other thread about this distance issue :)
I hope you got it ....... dont worry about anything ..... if u r a real gadget freak u will love that 100" ... believe me ;)

I have 100" (16:9) elite screen for my epson tw480 pj and I am watching it between 9' - 10' distance, it's working fine for me. But initially it's seems too big for me but after some days of watching when my eyes get in with it, it's really a WOW experience for me now.
So don't worry go for it.

If you are playing those 1080p/720p or DVD rips through your PC, then my suggestion is to get a good Graphics card having up-scaling features and use MadVR as ur up-scaling software. Now you will get no difference between 92" or 100" screen.

If you are playing those 1080p/720p or DVD rips through your PC, then my suggestion is to get a good Graphics card having up-scaling features and use MadVR as ur up-scaling software. Now you will get no difference between 92" or 100" screen.

Yes, I suggest the same about the Graphics card..... without good Graphics card with HDMI port it will be a waste. I got a NVIDIA GTX750Ti....it has a HDMI port.

But when it comes to screen size ...i will not suggest u to take 92" when u can take 100" :D

Yes, I suggest the same about the Graphics card..... without good Graphics card with HDMI port it will be a waste. I got a NVIDIA GTX750Ti....it has a HDMI port.

But when it comes to screen size ...i will not suggest u to take 92" when u can take 100" :D

I am using exactly the same graphics card i.e. NVIDIA GTX750Ti for my pj and it is doing great up-scaling job through MadVR+MPC-HC.

What do you do and how do i get your job? :eek:hyeah:

:p

Business ,,..... its easy ....just throw as much money u can .... and ur business is set :p

but anyways ..... any job will be 8 hrs or 10 hrs or 12 hrs ...... the rest of the time u spend in ur HT room :D

Last edited:

I have 100" (16:9) elite screen for my epson tw480 pj and I am watching it between 9' - 10' distance, it's working fine for me. But initially it's seems too big for me but after some days of watching when my eyes get in with it, it's really a WOW experience for me now.
So don't worry go for it.

True , go for it ....100" :yahoo:

:p

Business ,,..... its easy ....just throw as much money u can .... and ur business is set :p

but anyways ..... any job will be 8 hrs or 10 hrs or 12 hrs ...... the rest of the time u spend in ur HT room :D

How old are you man ? :) I dont mean that as a derogatory remark, its a genuine question.

I am 37 years old and love doing what you are doing and often my wife shakes her head and looks at me like I am yet to grow up :rolleyes:

Last edited:
How old are you man ? :) I dont mean that as a derogatory remark, its a genuine question.

I am 37 years old and love doing what you are doing and often my wife shakes her head and looks at me like I am yet to grow up :rolleyes:

am 32 ...... and its same with my wife also :lol:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back