Projector Vs 75 in TV

Don't demo the 7100. It's a trap. If you've not seen a projected image other than in cinemas, you will definitely fall for it and regret later.

Also, 7100 suffers from uniformity issues. You just can't get it focused uniformly across the screen/ wall. I don't know Epson fixed it or not.

Nothing beats a 9400 except the higher end Sony or JVC. Period. But their (Sony, JVC) replacement lamps are expensive, too. And less brighter than an Epson. I will suggest you wait the fortnight and get the 9400.

8300 is punchier than BenQ. But BenQ is sharper since it is a DLP projector.

You can go take the demo for the fun of it. Mind you, 9400 is super sharp. Unless you observe it side by side with a DLP, you don't know the difference. But when you compare them side by side, you will know sharpness isn't everything and Epson wins hands down.

Don't demo the 7100. It's a trap. If you've not seen a projected image other than in cinemas, you will definitely fall for it and regret later.

Also, 7100 suffers from uniformity issues. You just can't get it focused uniformly across the screen/ wall. I don't know Epson fixed it or not.

Nothing beats a 9400 except the higher end Sony or JVC. Period. But their (Sony, JVC) replacement lamps are expensive, too. And less brighter than an Epson. I will suggest you wait the fortnight and get the 9400.

8300 is punchier than BenQ. But BenQ is sharper since it is a DLP projector.

You can go take the demo for the fun of it. Mind you, 9400 is super sharp. Unless you observe it side by side with a DLP, you don't know the difference. But when you compare them side by side, you will know sharpness isn't everything and Epson wins hands down.
Will I see similar noticeable difference between 8300 and Benq 800M ? Demo is available for only these two. Benq 800 is 50k cheaper too and I have to think that also. I will go for demo even though 9400 is not available. That guy has a screen of 110 inch and viewing distance of 20 ft. I will get a rough idea of 130 inch vs 26 ft distance for me.

Will I see similar noticeable difference between 8300 and Benq 800M ? Demo is available for only these two. Benq 800 is 50k cheaper too and I have to think that also. I will go for demo even though 9400 is not available. That guy has a screen of 110 inch and viewing distance of 20 ft. I will get a rough idea of 130 inch vs 26 ft distance for me.

I have the 8300 and the BenQ HT1075, the 8300 can not compare in sharpness and colors. The BenQ can not compare in brightness, contrast.

I project a 120" screen and sit at 14ft. I find the size just right. Like I said, go for the demo to have an experience. It will help you make the final decision. The price difference is there for a reason.

The demo will also help you find out whether you're rainbow sensitive. If you're, you will see horizontal rainbow colored lines moving on the screen. Once you see, you will always see them.
I have the 8300 and the BenQ HT1075, the 8300 can not compare in sharpness and colors. The BenQ can not compare in brightness, contrast.
Yeah. But Epson is good with colors, too. We can't compare it with entry level BenQ.

I project a 120" screen and sit at 14ft. I find the size just right. Like I said, go for the demo to have an experience. It will help you make the final decision. The price difference is there for a reason.

The demo will also help you find out whether you're rainbow sensitive. If you're, you will see horizontal rainbow colored lines moving on the screen. Once you see, you will always see them.

Yeah. But Epson is good with colors, too. We can't compare it with entry level BenQ.

The Epson is good but the BenQ has that DLP color, can't explain it but it just pops and looks beautiful (to me anyway). There is no denying the Epson is a good projector but DLP is good as well, higher end DLPs (particularly 3 chip) with lens shift would be my choice now if I went back to projectors.

Edit: DLPs with laser/LED etc of course, none of that color wheel stuff.

When it comes to contrast levels, DLP is way behind. But they are catching up, though. Every projector needs to be calibrated/ recalibrated no matter how good the out of the box color is.
Once calibrated, contrast matters a lot since it adds depth to the image. That's where DLP lags behind 3lcd and lcos.

DLP produces a decent image. Sharp. Only when you compare a DLP image with a 3lcd image side by side, 3lcd wins big time. Lcos tech is a different story altogether.

Having seen various projectors at private theaters at various price points, including a Barco, my opinion is, DLP and I say this after having lived with both DLP and LCD. LCD does not "win" but it is popular because in the less than 5L range it is a value proposition as it does a lot of things well. If you go into big budget the DLPs are better. Only if you are into black levels (I am not) you might consider Sony/JVC.

Even I myself bought the 8300 the last time I was looking for a projector, and I'm a DLP fan, that should tell you right there how good the 83300 (and of course the 9400) is. The fact of the matter is that modern projectors are pretty good in general, even at lower budgets you get machines at price points you could not have dreamed of even 10 years ago.

In short, buy the 9400 if you can. It IS a good machine.

I am still waiting on projector. Can someone suggest an alternative to 9400 ? I even bought a 10ft by 6 ft screen ...lol.

Try BenQ w2700.

I am sure you can get a demo in Delhi. It is a capable projector. Priced along the same lines as Epson 9400.

I can't vouch for its black performance, but it won't disappoint you, though. And the sweet DLP sharpness.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back