• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Protouch Universal remote UR-501L

Wharfedale Diamond 11 Series

mathan

Hi,

I have both Protel UR 501 and Harmony 650 remote. Bought Protel before I got Harmony 650. Protel seems to be much more easier and user friendly to use than Harmony. I am still not able to get the Harmony to work with Airtel HD STB. I had to use the learning method for that and Harmony always requires it to connect to the computer to update anything. Only advantage with Harmony is that it can start and stop multiple devices with single button.

skris_78

Yes I did( the learning function), and it works very well. For changing from dvd to bd to sat , tuner ,etc I used the nos 1 to 5 on the protouch and it works like a charm. Cofigured other buttons like menu, vol, etc, no problems. Have not reached the limit of this remote's memory yet....
Hi...I have gone through the full length of the discussion but couldnt figure how to configure the remote to control denon avr...you did this by the learning method...can you pls elaborate it a little more and also pls provide the code to configure the remote, if there is any. I have Denon AVR-1509.
Tried googling for the code but couldnt the find any.

Thanks

canchi

Folks,
Bought a Pioneer tuner. Trying to get the Protouch remote to control the tuner. Have lost the manual, did dig up some codes for pioneer on the net, but I don't know how to enter the codes in the Protouch remote. Would appreciate some help from fellow hfv members who own this remote. Anyone with the user manual would be a great help.
Cheers

Neeraj0272

Sorry for broken reply but I am not that versed with the process of uploading images.
I can upload photo of the direct codes also if you want.

canchi

Sorry for broken reply but I am not that versed with the process of uploading images.
I can upload photo of the direct codes also if you want.
Neeraj,
Thanks a bunch for those pics. Will try using this tonight. Yes, the direct codes will help, do upload a pic of that ! Looking in particular for Pioneer tuner and if possible ( I know it is a long shot) Hathway stb codes.
Cheers.

Last edited:

Neeraj0272

There are a lot of pages of direct codes. Please tell me the relevant section like television or VCR etc. I have posted a pic of the index also.

canchi

There are a lot of pages of direct codes. Please tell me the relevant section like television or VCR etc. I have posted a pic of the index also.
Thanks again, looking for the SAT codes from page 38, specifically, hathway hd stb and for the AMP codes ( specifically pioneer) .
Cheers

Neeraj0272

BTW my Protouch remote is working perfect and to my pleasant surprise all of its buttons are like new even after 3 years of heavy use. Attaching a pic of it as well.

pvkkvp

Hi,

I bought new Protouch UL-501 remote for my New HATHWAY HD STB (model:HDS 6300) (Make: Skyworth).

I lost my original remote.

I bought a new protouch UL-501. But I could not find the CODE for Hathway STB HD. The one given in the manual does not work.

Could some one help me providing the right code to the HATHWAY HD STB HDS 6300.