Provisioning for Projector in Ceiling

Vivek Batra

Hi FMs

I am completely a noob when it comes to home cinema. I am constructing a new house and have a lounge where I want to provision for ceiling mounted projector. The only thing I know is the I need to run a HDMI cable from AVR to projector??. I was looking at some projectors online and saw there are USB/multiple HDMI/RJ 45 (LAN) and optical ports, power, 12 v trigger etc on the projector.

My question is how many cables we normally need to run between projector and AVR so accordingly I will plan the conduits. My plan is to have 2 conduits of 2 inches each from AVR.

Another question for people with ceiling mounted projectors, where do you plug in the projector for power, is it in the ceiling or run the projector power cable to a wall socket near AVR.

I am planning to have a socket near the projector on ceiling and the button on the wall where its easily accessible.

Kindly suggest if I am overlloking something or should keep in mind.

Thanks
Vivek

Power socket for projector on the ceiling makes sense as the default cables are not too long.

In my case, I run just a HDMI Cable to the projector from the AVR. I dont need the 12V trigger as I use a logitech remote which manages the power on and power off. Also, if its a mixed use (Music/movie) then for music you dont want the projector to always be on (due to the noise).

Depending upon the projector, you may want to look at a hush box to reduce the sound of the projector fan, and also give heat outlets. If you have lots of money, you can also look at a projector lift, so it gets hidden when not in use :)

Power socket for projector on the ceiling makes sense as the default cables are not too long.

In my case, I run just a HDMI Cable to the projector from the AVR. I dont need the 12V trigger as I use a logitech remote which manages the power on and power off. Also, if its a mixed use (Music/movie) then for music you dont want the projector to always be on (due to the noise).

Depending upon the projector, you may want to look at a hush box to reduce the sound of the projector fan, and also give heat outlets. If you have lots of money, you can also look at a projector lift, so it gets hidden when not in use :)
Thanks for the inputs @sud98. I wish I had a lot of money :( . Well I don want to hide things, the setup is in basement where I am keeping everything exposed, no false ceiling etc. So just a suspended projector will do for me. Its just planning for now. When the actual time comes for installing a screen, I will see whats economical, TV or projector. But I should have an option to pick either.

ok, make sure the power line to the projector is through a UPS (ideally online) so you can have smooth shutdown in case you have power failures or switchover to DG.

If it is still possible, please integrate a mount base into the ceiling when it being cast. Will avoid having to drill into the ceiling.

I use a Chief mount as it is easy to mount/dismount PJs from it.

If it is still possible, please integrate a mount base into the ceiling when it being cast. Will avoid having to drill into the ceiling.

I use a Chief mount as it is easy to mount/dismount PJs from it.
I am at electrical stage for the basement, rest of the house is done already.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back