PS3 and Hard Drives

rise

I am hooking hard drives up to my ps3 and founf the following.

1. Only one of my hard drives (a transcend 500 gb) comes up
2. In the Transcend only some of my music folders come up
3. PS3 cannot go further down the folder structure and read files in sub folders

My questions are

1. Why do you think PS3 isnt reading the other Hard Drive? Drive works fine with laptop

2. Is there a setting so that PS3 will find all music files in all folders and sub folders?

Thanks

3. PS3 cannot go further down the folder structure and read files in sub folders

My questions are

1. Why do you think PS3 isnt reading the other Hard Drive? Drive works fine with laptop

2. Is there a setting so that PS3 will find all music files in all folders and sub folders?

Thanks

Hi,

the PS3 is a FAT32 complaint device ......... and this sys has got a lot of limitations like

Maximum disk size: 2 terabytes
Maximum file size: 4 gigabytes
Maximum number of files on disk: 268,435,437
Maximum number of files in a single folder: 65,534
Even the file/folder name's length is limited.

I guess the max limit for folder within folder is 255.

Cheers.

My questions are

Thanks

PS3 expects the external HDD to have files in a particular folder (Eg. PS3\MUSIC) to identify automatically, If you don't want to organize in a way PS3 doesn't want simple press the Triangle when the External HD is displayed and select Display all. You should now be able to see all the files.

Thanks.

I have been doing that not (display all). However all my music is in minute sub folders and its hard to get in there and play one or 2 songs at a time. Can playlists be imported from itunes or anything else?

So far I have been unable to get playlists going....

I noticed that when a track is copied onto the playstation you can list it by Genre etc,. However we cannot list tracks by genre when they are on a hard drive.....

I'm hoping to have playlists or a list of songs to play from. Opening folders is an issue...

Thanks.

I have been doing that not (display all). However all my music is in minute sub folders and its hard to get in there and play one or 2 songs at a time. Can playlists be imported from itunes or anything else?

So far I have been unable to get playlists going....

I noticed that when a track is copied onto the playstation you can list it by Genre etc,. However we cannot list tracks by genre when they are on a hard drive.....

I'm hoping to have playlists or a list of songs to play from. Opening folders is an issue...

Unfortunately PS3 isn't that competent, If you want to create playlists it should be in the internal hard drive.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back