PS3 gets a price cut! Better than gaming PC?

Is PS3 (now reduced price) better option than medium/high end Gaming PC?

• PS3 is better VFM

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Gaming PC is better than Console's

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • High investment, high running/maint. cost but high eye candy as well on PC

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
Oh really then how come the same game in XBOX360 has better anti-aliasing?

PS3's anti-aliasing is mediocre and that is not because of the game engine it is rather because of the PS3 console itself.

If these games look smooth to your eyes with no jaggies i guess you dont understand what is AA or you have not played a proper quality game in pc, out of all these games you mentioned only MSG4 looks digestible in terms of AA.

I have almost 30 ps3 titles and all suck in AA, it is just as simple as that and it become more apparent when you display on a larger TV, in my case a 50" HDTV.

MSG4 is full HD as well.

Ofcourse its hardware specific and how can we neglect that fact! Keep that aside for a while my friend. What makes a game really shine is how well its rendered on a given platform. There is a plethora of factors that matter. The rendering engine, lighting engine, post processing and so.

And why would you compare the console graphics with PC? If you read my earlier post, I mentioned something called 'trade offs' which means there is a lot of compromised done.

Again, what matters is the experience you get end of the day. I play games on consoles and also on a super expensive gaming rig which you might not have come across- as I work in the video game industry and we deal with all sort of fancy stuff :D

Batman Arkham Asylum is the game that made me sell the PS3 since its 10 times better on PC.

Can't compare the exclusives. They are a different league. AA or no AA, they truly are gorgeous. A real feat for the eyes.

You hit the bulls eye there! End of the day, what matters is that 'real treat to the eyes' and all other factors are ignored as you immerse your self into the game.

what controllers do you guys use for PC gaming? I think the wireless controllers of wii, ps3 etc are quite good and that itself is a good reason to go for a gaming console.

on a super expensive gaming rig which you might not have come across

like? PC's made of test sample 12 core dual processors ,quad cross fire or SLI test sample graphic cards with more than 32 gigs of RAM where multiple SSD's on raid acting as secondary memory and all this cooled by liquid nitrogen? if yes then i might have not come across a pc like that, if otherwise then i guess you should stop assuming things:)

like? PC's made of test sample 12 core dual processors ,quad cross fire or SLI test sample graphic cards with more than 32 gigs of RAM where multiple SSD's on raid acting as secondary memory and all this cooled by liquid nitrogen? if yes then i might have not come across a pc like that, if otherwise then i guess you should stop assuming things:)

Hahaha! good one!! thats why I had mentioned the word 'might not' . Anyways, the topic stands correct, Console to PC comparison- a strict NO NO :)

Cheers mate!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back