PS3 or Xbox

If you have a blu-ray player then may be the 360 or if you want one then the PS3 which servers as a blu-ray player. Also depends on the games you like.
Good exclusive titles for PS3, some good ones on 360 as well. PS3 is slightly costlier but worth the difference. Further if you are want Move games (which have a controller) or Kinect games (which can work without one) if you are into such games or for your family. PS3 has better controllers and controller battery life. PS3 also has online gaming for free if you are into it. Anyways whichever one you buy, enjoy and have fun :)

ahaaa the good ol debate ... which is better -- PC or Mac ? Xbox or PS3 ?
Some questions just never die out..

I was in the same predicament till last week.. Finally decided for xbox 360 simply because it sounds more interactive and fun for the entire family with the CONTROLLER FREE Kinect.

As for Blue ray , I wouldn't want to play my Blue-rays ( whenever I buy any) on a Rs 20,000 console. I would rather buy a 5k-6k dedicated blue ray player

behold the war between 360 n PS3 .... I have been a prominent participant in some of the biggest debates between the two on forums .......

My take ,,,

If its only games you are concerned and nothing else, ....360
If you are more concerned with a console that also acts as a media assistant, including the Bluray player ..... PS3.

I'd still go with 360 and a dedicated 6,7K BD player, though PS3 as a BD player is much superior than a 5-6K dedicated BD player in terms of A/V quality.

^^ how old is he ...???

5-6 year ::: He would probably enjoy Wii more. else 360 should be the choice .....

Some points I can tell being a PS3 owner are below.

PS3 games are costlier if you want to buy original games without modding your PS3. india online sites like flipkart and letsbuy and quickr can help you find discounted price on PS3 games. Further there are US sites like gamestaq.com which sell used PS3 games in mint condition at as low as 25% of the original price. I have bought games from gamestaq.com and they are pretty good unless you tell someone they are used ones no one would be able to make out.

Seperate motion controllers for PS3 cost around 2000 to 3500 each depending on variations (one set comes with the PS3 if you are buying PS3 with move starter pack and that is a deal indeed). Kinect on the other hand saves you the cost of buying separate motion controller.

It is easier to mod a 360 than a PS3, something that I have heard but not sure though.

there are 3rd party game controllers for PS3 available on the market at almost half the price of original sony controllers. I am on lookout to buy one from letsbuy.com

If you have dedicated controller like in PS3 for Move you will need to charge them separately by keeping the PS3 on (no charging happens in standby mode) unless you are buying a Sony branded or 3rd Party (like Nitho) charger for controllers which cost in the range 1200 to 2500 rupees.

Picture Quality of BD / DVD playback on PS3 are outstanding and is a plus for you as a home disc payback option if you do not already have one.

Finally PS3 is region free for games, so if you buy games at much lesser price from abroad then be best assured that will be playable on your India Region locked PS3.

If you are a a BD / DVD fan, better to get a region A / B locked PS3 from abroad at lesser price but will have the capability to play india BD (they are region free by default) as well as A / B region BDs / DVDs.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot sam,he is 5 yrs old,i think he will like motion games

Why not start him off with Nintendo DS? Or a PSP if you are willing to spend a bit more. A 5-yr old may enjoy it more than the PS3 or 360. Much cheaper too, and cheaper titles.

Kinect kicks asses of wii and move, for kids Kinect FTW!!

if motion gaming is not mandatory get PS3

Online gaming xbox 360.
Single player gaming experience ps3 all the way btw i own both xbox 360 has a lot of reliability issues this is my secong one 1st one died after 2 yrs if moderate gaming.
But some of the games like alan wake and gears of war are amust have.

Ps3 has uncharted and god of war a very tough choice my friend!!

for below 10 kid wii motion games is the better option IMO... they are styled for kids anyway and kids are more inclined towards the fun factor than quality of display etc

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back