PSB Alpha s10 vs BIC PL-200ii vs Monitor Audio MRW10 purely for music. Help!

prozkater

Hi, I recently purchased Dali Spektor 2 speakers and have paired it with Quad Vena Integrated Amplifier. The Quad Vena has RCA preout. Currently, I am considering these subwoofers purely for music at nearfield listening. I don't want floor/wall shaking bass, in fact I do not want my walls or windows vibrating or shaking at all. Usage will be 90% music , 10% games and movies.

1. PSB Alpha S10 ( 40k hifimart )
2. BIC PL-200ii ( 43k hifimart , can probably get these from Mr.Gautam at cheaper rate)
3. Monitor Audio MRW10 (60k, can get it for 43k)

Does anyone have any experience with these subwoofers? Pl-200ii has larger driver and better specifications, but I am more inclined towards the psb s10 as they seem to be more musical? Monitor Audio MRW10 seems to have the best build and features but spec wise it falls a bit short, although I am well aware specs are just for reference. Kindly help deciding between these subwoofers or if you have a better suggestion in the 35k - 40k ish range. Help pls.

Last edited:
There is a video on YouTube by Steve Gutenberg praising this PSB subwoofer for
Music. Please check it out..
yes I have seen this video for about 4 times now which is why I am more inclined towards this subwoofer :D But other than this, there is not much reviews about this subwoofer and the MRW10 also but tons of good reviews for pl-200ii. Although I am least steered towards the BIC. Awaiting more opinions before pulling the trigger.

yes I have seen this video for about 4 times now which is why I am more inclined towards this subwoofer :D But other than this, there is not much reviews about this subwoofer and the MRW10 also but tons of good reviews for pl-200ii. Although I am least steered towards the BIC. Awaiting more opinions before pulling the trigger.
I don't have any personal experience with any of the mentioned subwoofers, I am using SVS PB100 for HT purpose. Surely some fellow members who has some personal experiences will chip in.

PSB s10 has received good reviews, it is good for both music and movies.

Do let us know how it performs and do you like it.

I was looking at QA qb12 which is sealed but is a little out of my budget, I have decided to pull the trigger on the psb s10. Will share my opinion once I received them. Thanks for all the input.
QB12 can be had for around 45K or less if you look hard enough.

Btw, have you heard any other subs around this price range/higher?

QB12 can be had for around 45K or less if you look hard enough.

Btw, have you heard any other subs around this price range/higher?
No sir, i have no prior experience with subwoofers. The psb s10 will be my first.

Sorry for the late chip in....

BIC works well for movies and music.....Yamaha too..12 inch ones....

Polk HTS10 / HTS12 also would have been good to pair with the Dalis.

BIC Subs would be my last choice for Music. I have dual PL200ii and a HTS12. HTS12 is way better than PL200 for Music and it is more precise. But for movies it's a different story. PL200 can reach crazy levels of SPL without breaking a sweat. It's not precise even for movies and has terrible port noise though.

Guys I have a noob question -
I have tested my dali spektor 2 speakers with both Quad Vena integrated amp which has a pre out for connecting the psb alpha s10 subwoofer (sub still in transit btw) and a cheap fx audio m160e class D amp which has no sub out. To my surprise, the dalis sounded better with the fx audio amp with both inbuilt DAC and topping d10s DAC. Since the fx audio m160e does not have a sub out, what option do I have to connect the dalis with the fx audio amp along with the psb subwoofer (sub has no speaker level input, only low level connection)? Will getting a preamplifier solve my problem?

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back