PSB Image B 6 (Book shelf speaker)

R Narayanan

Hi to all. Recently I took an audition of the PSB Image B6. I thought it was a worthwhile experience. Since I am yet to consider myself a complete:) audiophile (given my limited experience) I wanted an opinion from the experts out there in this forum.

Am I correct to believe that these speakers indeed were very good. Is it worth the 30 K?

RN

I'm a big fan of PSB...very capable and versatile speakers...slightly overpriced at 30K but a good option...

what are the other links in your chain?

All are very capable speakers...

now you need to look at your choice of music, the other components you have (CDP, AMP etc.) and take your call...please listen to the music you are familiar with the most, preferable with the amp that you have (carry it with you if you can)...

I was not impressed with Image B6. Probably i had too many expectations after reading about it on net. Another mistake I did was i heard another PSB Tower(costing 1.8lac) after listening to image B6. Thirdly the audition room was very large(Lakozy mumbai).
The problem area for me for image B6 was bass production. Otherwise they were good for mids and highs.
The speakers which I absolutely loved were Paradigm Studio 10. priced at 39k before negotiations.

So try to listen to these paradigms and when you audition the speakers that you have listed, use room conditions as close to your own audio room as possible. I hope you have already done that before shortlisting.

I have not heard the other 2 models that you have mentioned.

thanx a ton to all for your informative and diverse views. I will do as advised (and I agree the Monitor audio wud not be suitable). I listen to a lot of lounge music and hindustani instrumental.

Maybe the answer is either the PSB b 6 or the quads.

RN

TOTAL SOUND (for Wharfedale, Quad, DAC, Byford Audio)
4B, Atishi Apts., # 8 And 9, Rose Garden Road,
J.P. Nagar 5th Phase, Besides Dollars colony, Bangalore-560078.
Tel: 9845522937

Who is the dealer of Quad in Bangalore?

Sound and Vision, Hyderabad quoted 32k as the MRP. One should get it for around 30k after some discount with B&W.

TOTAL SOUND (for Wharfedale, Quad, DAC, Byford Audio)
4B, Atishi Apts., # 8 And 9, Rose Garden Road,
J.P. Nagar 5th Phase, Besides Dollars colony, Bangalore-560078.
Tel: 9845522937
I see that this is an old thread. I am searching for Quad dealer in Bangalore. Does Total Sound still stock them? Thank you.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back