PSB T65 or MA RS6

cant comment on the psb but have the ma's and they're very good speakers. have you auditioned the two. what is the rest of your setup

i am confuse between these spk PSB T65 or MA RS6:confused:

Hi:

Got my MA RS6 last month, liking it very much as it improves. The bass seems to improve day by day as the run-in period continues. The bass goes deep :D. Excellent midrange and sweet treble are some of the pros of RS6. At no point in time I found the male/female vocals getting lost in music, they indeed stand apart from the bass and treble. Have CA 640 setup with RS6, and both tend to go well and not fatiguing at all.

Now, I've never heard PSB, may be other members can share something about them. How much is PSB ?

abhijeet
i think you need to audition the psb as well and decide which one you like and is the ma's are better is it worth the extra buck and is it within your budget. also what amp / cdp are you looking at. matching a system is very important in terms of musicality and also personal preference

Hi,
The RS 6 is a good speaker and if u like the way it sounds u might find the PSB image series a little bland and dull. The RS 6 is also an easier speaker to drive than the I 65 so u may need a 'better' amp if u opt for the latter. Try the Image 45 as a compact floor stander for a medium sized room.
Lastly though they are always paired with Nad for obvious reasons i have heard PSB really shine with different amp s and in my opinion the speaker sounds cluttered with a Nad integrated.

Please try and hear the PSB.
Regards

What is the rest of your set-up like?

MA RS6 is 'richer' and 'fuller' tonally with a very enticing mid-range. Highs are nice and fairly realistic without harshness or fatigue.

Bass is ample but can sound bloated if paired with overly 'warm' amps (think NAD) or in smallish rooms with placement constraints. If one or both of these conditions apply to you, the RS1 with good stands deserve serious consideration. Same strengths but a lot more balanced across the frequency spectrum.

As always, it's a matter of taste and do make sure you hear both with material that you listen to normally.

Hi,
The RS 6 is a good speaker and if u like the way it sounds u might find the PSB image series a little bland and dull. The RS 6 is also an easier speaker to drive than the I 65 so u may need a 'better' amp if u opt for the latter. Try the Image 45 as a compact floor stander for a medium sized room.
Lastly though they are always paired with Nad for obvious reasons i have heard PSB really shine with different amp s and in my opinion the speaker sounds cluttered with a Nad integrated.

Please try and hear the PSB.
Regards

Hi!! I own a PSB T55 and a C60 center. The T55 is a well-balanced speaker. It is good for movies and music both. I am using a Marantz SR5001 AVR to power it. I am more than satisfied with the music quality it delivers. It is anything but "dull and bland". I am not satisfied with the movie effects and I would like to blame Sr5001 for it. As Dinyaar rightly said that if u pair it right
it really shines.

Dinyaar: FYI> The T65 is a 94db and 6ohm impedance where MA RS6 is 91db AND 6 ohm impedance. This data is collected from respective manufacturers' websites. Hence, the T65 is infact an easier speaker to drive than the RS 6.

Now, the above feedback is for the T55 whereas u are interested in T65. The T65 is a huge speaker in meant for huge rooms. I am using T55 in 21' X 15' feet home theatre. It is more than adequate for me. I auditioned the T65, T55 and T45. I found the T55 best of the three. the low-frequencies in T65 was over-powering and was spoiling the overall tonality. whereas the T45 was lacking in the same. Furthermore, moving the T65 might give u a backache!!!

Now coming to the comparison b/w T65 and MS6. I have not heard the MS6 personally. But, it a popular speaker on this forum. And, for sure 99% of owners are satisifed with their purchase. I can say that I have not heard a bad thing about them. I would suggest you to audition these three set of speakers and then make your decision:
A) PSB T65
B) PSB T55
C) MA RS 6

Dinyaar: Which integrated do u suggest to pair with PSB T55/T65?

Hope this helps.

Sumit

Last edited:
dinyaar, I can understand what you mean by dull sound of PSB with NAD. I haven't voiced this opinion much as net always state that NAD and PSB go together well (anyway, they are sister companies). But, when I listened PSB Alpha B1, I was thinking its a nice sounding one, but quite bland and dull for my taste. So, definitely adding NAD to it cannot bring the excitement. Monitor Audio RS series on the other hand has been definitely my favourite. But, on hearing some other better speakers now I realise that RS is slightly brighter for my taste. Infact, I auditioned RS1 yesterday again, paired with Marantz amp and another NAD amp. Definitely, I felt that the warmth of the NAD was helping and also, was giving a good bottom end. So, after hearing different amps and different speakers in this range, one combo for sure I can vouch for is the NAD and Monitor Audio.

Gopi,

Totally agree with your assessment; in fact the NAD-MA combo has given me years of listening pleasure and I still heartily recommend it to those starting out and building a system from scratch.

I never thought MA speakers were overly bright; in fact I like the 'open' and 'airy' feel that is conveyed. Perhaps the source component also matters here; many CDPs have an overemphasised treble and I can imagine it would be fatal to match them with MA speakers.

Hi!! I own a PSB T55 and a C60 center. The T55 is a well-balanced speaker. It is good for movies and music both. I am using a Marantz SR5001 AVR to power it. I am more than satisfied with the music quality it delivers. It is anything but "dull and bland". I am not satisfied with the movie effects and I would like to blame Sr5001 for it. As Dinyaar rightly said that if u pair it right
it really shines.

Dinyaar: FYI> The T65 is a 94db and 6ohm impedance where MA RS6 is 91db AND 6 ohm impedance. This data is collected from respective manufacturers' websites. Hence, the T65 is infact an easier speaker to drive than the RS 6.

Now, the above feedback is for the T55 whereas u are interested in T65. The T65 is a huge speaker in meant for huge rooms. I am using T55 in 21' X 15' feet home theatre. It is more than adequate for me. I auditioned the T65, T55 and T45. I found the T55 best of the three. the low-frequencies in T65 was over-powering and was spoiling the overall tonality. whereas the T45 was lacking in the same. Furthermore, moving the T65 might give u a backache!!!

Now coming to the comparison b/w T65 and MS6. I have not heard the MS6 personally. But, it a popular speaker on this forum. And, for sure 99% of owners are satisifed with their purchase. I can say that I have not heard a bad thing about them. I would suggest you to audition these three set of speakers and then make your decision:
A) PSB T65
B) PSB T55
C) MA RS 6

Dinyaar: Which integrated do u suggest to pair with PSB T55/T65?

Hope this helps.

Sumit

Sumit compared to a lively speaker like the RS 6 it would appear bland. Am not condemning the speaker at all, in fact i like a few PSB a lot. But it may not appeal to many where as the RS 6 has universal appeal.
Now let me assure u that the RS 6 is an easier speaker to drive. Just try driving the T 65 with a small amp , irrespective of the sensitivity rating. We have been experimenting with the image for a while now as they were a cheaper alternative to the B&W a little while ago and tons of my friends have them. Most of them have paired them with the NAD C372 or the C162/272.
Am not saying its bad sounding but i will definately say the Nad/MA combo works better. I like the Image 45 at the price and personally found the 55 a little heavy handed but thats my opinion and what my ears perceive as a bass dominance.Also keep in mind the fact that i am not a bass head and currently have small stand mounts.

Try the speaker with a cleaner amplifier than a Nad and see the speaker really excel.

Once again i hope i am not offending owners by calling it dull/bland but when compared with the MA it appears so.
Rgds

Thank you everyone
i have decided to go Lakozy the day after tomorrow to see PSB 55/65 and MA in boomrang Borivali
i have sold Denon 2106 and Whrf 9.5.and now i have just sherwood 4109,Marantz CD 5001,Pioneer DV600, polk PSW505,Polk CS1
and i am waiting for MARANTZ SR7003

Sumit compared to a lively speaker like the RS 6 it would appear bland. Am not condemning the speaker at all, in fact i like a few PSB a lot. But it may not appeal to many where as the RS 6 has universal appeal.
Now let me assure u that the RS 6 is an easier speaker to drive. Just try driving the T 65 with a small amp , irrespective of the sensitivity rating. We have been experimenting with the image for a while now as they were a cheaper alternative to the B&W a little while ago and tons of my friends have them. Most of them have paired them with the NAD C372 or the C162/272.
Am not saying its bad sounding but i will definately say the Nad/MA combo works better. I like the Image 45 at the price and personally found the 55 a little heavy handed but thats my opinion and what my ears perceive as a bass dominance.Also keep in mind the fact that i am not a bass head and currently have small stand mounts.

Try the speaker with a cleaner amplifier than a Nad and see the speaker really excel.

Once again i hope i am not offending owners by calling it dull/bland but when compared with the MA it appears so.
Rgds

hey Dinyaar!!
You are not offending anyone. They are your views and I perfectly respect that.
You see I don't like marantz AVR's for movies whereas some people might find this absurd. But, only i know what is missing from Marantz. But, the stereo sound is great. Similiarly, your views are totally acceptable.

You mentioned your friends pairing PSB with NAD 372 or 162/272. Infact, I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. You are suggesting to pair the speakers with a cleaner amp than NAD and then they would sound better. Would you care to mention a few brands with specific models.
How about CA, Marantz (Integrated), Denon ?

Thanks.

I have found PSBs to time better. Tonality of course is individual preference. Just my Rs.0.02!

hey Dinyaar!!
You are not offending anyone. They are your views and I perfectly respect that.
You see I don't like marantz AVR's for movies whereas some people might find this absurd. But, only i know what is missing from Marantz. But, the stereo sound is great. Similiarly, your views are totally acceptable.

You mentioned your friends pairing PSB with NAD 372 or 162/272. Infact, I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. You are suggesting to pair the speakers with a cleaner amp than NAD and then they would sound better. Would you care to mention a few brands with specific models.
How about CA, Marantz (Integrated), Denon ?

Thanks.

You know most guys pair it with the NAD and assume thats its a match made in heaven. What i meant is a better amplifier.
I have for a while now been 'overpowering' whatever speakers i own with amplification so am a little out of touch with integrateds but my suggestion would be to try the following with the PSB image.
1) Marantz PM 15 S1 ( now available at about 60K which is good for a superbly built amp)
2) New Arcam FMJ series integrateds. ( Not dull/lifeless as reviewed)
3)Yamaha AS 2000(superb build and open sound with retro looks/feel but not warm. Maybe bordering on clinical/accurate)
4) Used Bryston gear( Buying used Brystons is smart as the 20 yr warranty means ur amp lasts longer than most new stuff u buy anyway and the price is reasonable too ) Few on the forum had/have some for sale i.e Bass treble and hifipal4all.
Lastly maybe a Rotel RA 1070 might appeal to you.
These are only suggestions to explore and am sure there will be many more too. The preamp section in all Nad gear is average and a let down and IMO most of these will be more detailed/articulate and hence more musical but at a higher cost.
RGDS

Last edited:
today i checked PSB T65 and 55 i didnt like T65 its too boomy but T55 is good .tomorrow i will check MA Rs6 and Dali Ikon6 and decide.

Hi:
Two great speakers on the menu tomorrow. Now, RS6 and Ikon6 both have their own house sounds, so please take your time in auditioning them individually with variety of music. You will find RS6 with ample bass that goes deep and lovely mid-range whereas in Ikon6 you might find bass 'sufficient' for listening, lovely mid-range, and sweet treble.

Having said that, you might find sound from Ikon6 to be more sweet and enjoyable than RS6. These are my observation, and you might differ as well. As I said, both are great speakers.:)

hi
today i booked Dali Ikon6 at Boomarang ,i got it in 62k.i think after one month it it may gone on 75k.soi booked it he will give me dilivery after 15th nov. because i am not at home:)

I knew you would be getting Ikon6 like all others who would listen to both RS6and Ikon6 and prefer Ikon6 :D. Having said that, great purchase indeed for a steal price of just 62k:eek:

Can you tell me the equipments you have to go along with Ikon6, pls.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back