PT-AE40000 in India

shiva_n

Hello,

I contacted Panasonic to get a quote on the PT-AE4000. They quoted 1.6L+taxes. Cables, ceiling mount, installation etc. will cost an additional 15000 INR. Like some of you, I have seen a store called jk camerazone on ebay where they are selling the same projector for 1.32L. The panasonic guy claims that this is from the grey market and therefore the price difference. The jk camerazone guy claims to provide receipt and official warranty. I am a little confused as to who to buy from. Does anyone on this forum have any experience with buying this product? Your advice please.

I am located in Bangalore.

Shiva

Two people I know bought this. One 1.4L from the grey market and other 1.9L with Bill. But that was 1 year back. The price of 1.3L looks great with bill & warranty.
But how is Panasonic going to provide service if they don't acknowledge this dealer?
Regards

Basically what the other dealer on Ebay is doing is he is parallel importing the product and providing his own personal warranty and invoice but this will not be a regular Panasonic India warranty so in case of a problem you will have to ask the ebay dealer to help you out with your problems.
Also the Pansonic quoted prices are very good as they offer the same prices to their dealers so what ever earning they are going to do is through installations only.

In my opinion the warranty is definately not worth the additional Rs. 48000 (including tax). I personally would not pay any more than 10-15% for a one year warranty. Bottom line, I suggest you buy from the grey market, where you should be able to get it for approx. Rs 115000 to Rs. 120000.

PS: Do keep in mind that the warranty is for one year only and it does not cover the lamp.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back